Reviews for Trust and Providence
Palindrome310 chapter 20 . 12/2/2015
It was nice to see Mary being sure of her work in coordination. I also liked the tensiĆ³n between Mary and Isobel, very realistic considering they are adjusting to living together and something we didn't see in canon. In general, canon explored little that relationship.

It's curious that Isobel's nickname was storm braver too! I wonder if Matthew was aware of it. It was so touching when Matthew explained that the wanted siblings and his life and worries as an only child.

Lol at Anna flirting with the old chauffeur.

I'm still reading this story, only that I want to leave reviews for each chapte and I was having some lame difficulties to do it before.
lilyrowan1 chapter 39 . 12/1/2015
What a rich chapter! Love how Mary and Matthew worked through their initial tension when the arrived at Duneagle. And then the glimpse of them through Rose's eyes-the Mary and Matthew they reserve for each other. Her realization that a couple could be like this, could love each other like this, followed by her conversation with her father-so poignant. I love the Rose you have created here. And goodness, what a harpy Susan is! No wonder Rose was rebellious!
Loved how you brought the family together for Sybil and Tom's wedding. So glad she had the beautiful wedding dress that she deserved (but didn't need). Very glad to have those Carson/Mrs. Hughes moments. And yikes-Richard Carlisle at the Servants' Ball with Rosamund! Where will that be heading? Lovely conversation between Matthew, Mary, and Robert. All in all a perfect conclusion to this part of the story. It's going to be a long six weeks!
Apollo888 chapter 39 . 12/1/2015
Mary and Matthew are so at ease here, even when they are fighting. It feels so comfortable and right. Going to Brancaster, then back to Downton, they are acting as a true ruling couple, dealing with family issues and working together for the benefit of those they care about. Looking forward to the next Part in the New Year.
Guest chapter 39 . 11/25/2015
Great mixture of imagination and cannon here. Didn't much like the show's version of Rose but you bring out her basic goodheartedness in a way that makes me like her more. I like how you have developed Mary's role and are giving her a real part to play in the business. Love how you are portraying Tom and Sybil but thought you should have made more of the wedding. Interesting that you stuck to canon and didn't have Robert and Cora show up - thought they might. Anthony and Edith were adorable with the wedding dress. Sorry you are having such a gap as it would have been nice to know if Sybil got into medical school and whether her and Tom's marriage got discovered, or pregnancy torpedoed their plans. Wonderful story though!
Lady Rosie chapter 39 . 11/24/2015
Enthralling chapter - as we your dear readers have come to expect! But oh my, oh my - did you get shy or something when it came to writing Syb and Tom's union? You didn't half draw a veil (no pun intended) over their wedding and presumed later amorous fun and games which left me feeling ever so disappointed! This is an M-rated tale after all! Oh well, one just has to imagine but you are a fine writer and could have written it all so darn well - that's the pity. Continue to like your version of M/M but Rose - bah! Servants ball was cute! Sorry to hear Sir Anthony is declining - are you going to polish him off? Pity if you are as I quite like his sort of English gentleman. Anyway keep up the good work - this is a pretty fine story! We all appreciate and admire your talent!
Guest chapter 39 . 11/24/2015
Fabulous story - but get rid of Rose. She annoys the hell out of me!
MMarieRose chapter 39 . 11/23/2015
Really liked the detail and colour in this chapter and the development of the characters. A good sense of movement through it. A little creeped out by Carlisle but then I always am.. And wondering where you will take Roses story next? She is a good addition.
Jill Cohen chapter 39 . 11/22/2015
Always a pleasure to read a new chapter in this story.
I loved seeing the servant's ball and the kids playing around with Thomas. In Cannon I always imagine Thomas will be Butler to George when he becomes Earl. It's nice to see them bonding now. Makes me wonder whether Robert was ever like that with Carson, or any other male servant, when he was a young boy.
I'm glad Sybil and Tom are finally married. Can't wait to see that when they are more settled. Will they have Sibbie in your version? I wonder if Tom would have named any female child after Sybil if she hadn't died. Probably not. I guess I'll find out your thoughts on the matter eventually.
Also like that Mr. Nappier is still around. I always liked him and his friendship with Mary, still do in Canon. In your story I imagine him becoming a good friend of the London Crawleys.
I'm very much looking forward to the finale at xmas. Of course I'll miss downton, but I'm hoping they'll tie off the loose threads. I'm also hoping to see some time jumps. Like seeing George being Earl. If not in Canon I know I can look forward to a lot more goodness in your story. Thank you so much for that.

Merry Christmas!
Downton lover chapter 39 . 11/22/2015
I really enjoy this story and am full of admiration for the highly plausible well written AU you have created, so I feel a bit of a heel for saying what I am now about to. S&T shippers have always felt very cheated in that they never saw the wedding on the show, so I was very disappointed to be missing out again here. I expected so much more from you after such a great build up. Yes, it was a lovely scene with the wedding dress etc but I so wanted you to cover a bit of the ceremony and the aftermath. Instead we just got the servants' ball! Now you are having a five year time jump and we will be missing out again on a lot the early marriage adjustments that you wrote so well about Matthew and Mary. I totally get it that they are your main characters but why write so much about Sybil and Tom and then fall short at the final hurdle? I was sort of left with the impression that you must be in a hurry to conclude this part of your story.
Lovely!
Guest chapter 39 . 11/22/2015
I found your fanfic last week and couldn't stop reading it! Amazing work! Especially with mixing your storyline and canon! Can't wait for next chapter :]
Guest chapter 39 . 11/22/2015
Marvellous chapter! Loved M/M's chat about Mary flirting! And Tom and Sybil finally married - whee! All just great! EXCEPT why no S&T wedding night? Was really looking forward to that!
Guest chapter 39 . 11/21/2015
I haven't commented before, but I've been reading along since the beginning and have truly enjoyed the amount of work you put into each chapter. It's a lovely story for both it's historical details and it wounderful characterizations.
AtLoLevad chapter 39 . 11/21/2015
Goodness! This was a GREAT chapter. I loved how much happened. And oh, do I feel bad for poor Rose, having to deal with Susan as a mother.

I absolutely adored the scene where Rose was spying on M&M. Just wonderful. And the fact that Mary is the boys' office manager is just a perfect career move! I'm glad it was Tom's idea as well!

I'm glad to see S&T married and it was so nice that Edith and Anthony brought her a dress and suit and came to see the ceremony.

I loved the Servant's Ball and Thomas' interactions with the children. Carson looking in on Charlie was also perfect!

A Bates and Anna baby! I'm so happy for them!

Wonderful chapter and I'm so excited to see what comes next as the story winds down.
eyeon chapter 39 . 11/21/2015
Truly a marvelous chapter! So many great moments for so many of the characters! I especially liked Rose spying on Mary and Matthew's dance. Your observation of the Matthew that's only for Mary was perfection. Definately worth waiting for the next part ( but I hope there aren't spoilers because I'm living in the 2nd class part of the world across the pond and we won't even start S6 until after the first of the year.) All the best to you and your family for a Joyous Christmas!
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »