Reviews for Those Who Harp
JCL1371 chapter 18 . 12/21/2014
Really enjoyed this story even if I found it ten or so years after you wrote it. It was fun watching some familiar characters in a completely new situation.
Agashi chapter 18 . 10/23/2010
Probably the best prequel to the series that I've read so far! And a sequel could only be even better! I'd love to see how you'll steer Jaheira and Khalid into their romantic destiny.

I have a few comments to make about things I especially loved in this story: Great characterization! All of the canon characters were spot-on and even the original ones were compelling enough that I wasn't skimming the story when it came time to read about what they were up to. Another thing I loved was how you weaved little bits of foreshadowing all throughout this fic. Skorrid's son, Lehtinan, Galverey becoming too big for himself, the Nashkel mines, and the return of the slaver ships.

Wonderful. Hopefully you decide to continue.
gabs-magical-abs chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Awesome work. Very well written, very engaging and enjoyable.
Reklar chapter 18 . 12/2/2005
Another excellent example of well-plotted and richly charactered prose, Slide. It's nice to see Khalid and Jaheira again, though I was disappointed she was with Belgrade, if only because your talent makes them too nice a couple in the story. Is there any chance of you writing a Khalid and Jaheira romance in the future? I'd rather not beg, but will if forced to. ;)

My only problem with your writing, and I have not mentioned this before in other reviews, is your perpetual habit of using the word floor to describe any horizontal surface the characters stand on. This is especially irksome when you're talking about outdoor areas, where it jars a reader from the story. Aside from that though, there aren't too many things I can see in need of improvement. I could probably nitpick if requested, but otherwise I am simply content reading your wonderful stories, Slide. :)

-Reklar
moczo chapter 11 . 3/20/2004
Wonderful story so far! Shame it's about the Harpers... (You can only get betrayed by a group so many times before you just don't like them all that much anymore). Can't wait to finish reading.
Bloodlover chapter 18 . 3/14/2003
So it has ended... But it was good and there is a good element of discussion between the Harpers in this chapter. Hope a sequel comes soon. Keep writing!
Mija chapter 18 . 2/27/2003
Brilliant story, I've enjoyed every bit of it.
kezya chapter 18 . 2/24/2003
Sniff. So it's finished. I'm so sad.
Mija chapter 17 . 2/23/2003
Excellent fight. Good action. Very well written of course.
Bloodlover chapter 17 . 2/23/2003
Good story. I love Baldurs Gate and its always nice with background stories. Especially with the Harpers. *grin* Nice characters too, my favorite is Darial. Shes cool and Bards are my favorite class. (Even though Im a Ranger when I play.) Keep writing!
kezya chapter 17 . 2/23/2003
I love it. I love it. I love it. Can I emphasize it enough? I really really do love it.

Only two chapters left :(
Not-Cricket chapter 15 . 2/19/2003
Well, I hope that once this story is over someone is there to pick up the slack and give us great BG stories. But we always have "Tides", right folks?

Just a question, Slide - is this the first of many 'back-story' fics? Or is this completely independant?

Keep up the good work!
Mija chapter 15 . 2/18/2003
On;y 4 chapters left, huh? Well this has been a great little side story. I've enjoyed it greatly.
kezya chapter 14 . 2/18/2003
What? Only 4 more chapters? You're making me sad, you know.
The Fiery Beast of Joy chapter 1 . 2/15/2003
Just a coincedence maybe, but have you read Ed Greenwood's Spellfire and Crown of Fire? Those Who Harp was my clue. They use the phrase several times in the book.

Anyway, I've gotta read the rest.

-Bye for now-