Reviews for Termites
Dismayed chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I find nothing to complain about in this story. Nicely done.
The Dragon Lover chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
I always love fics that go into the psychology of the wizarding wars, and try to open the readers' eyes on the real issues present in the Harry Potter universe. Just because the Dark Lord is dead doesn't mean his ideals are. And he won't be the last Dark wizard to rise into power, to take some scapegoat and cast doubts on their character, making others go into a frenzy like piranhas at the scent of blood.

The phrase "three Houses fought, Slytherin did not" is catchy and sticks in your mind, which is exactly its purpose I take it. It's something to hold over the new snakes' heads, to make them feel ashamed for something that happened when they were eleven-years-old and sat on that stool in the Great Hall.

The analogy to a potion is GENIUS. I love it, you have no idea. It reminds me of Severus Snape's speech in his first year class, bottling and brewing and stoppering. The imagery these verbs bring are always of something crammed into a container it wasn't meant to fit in, of simmering in silence while the rest of the world ignores it. A phrase concerning being sprayed with the sludge from the cauldron would've been neat too, but I love what you did.

The fact that a Slytherin is bringing this up will obviously make people in the HP-'verse skeptical and snort in derision, but it doesn't make the fact any less true. And the tone of this fic makes it sound bitter and resigned, even as the student is trying to make others understand the dangers of complacency. Cynical and jaded. The last line really brings it home, after bringing back the chair analogy the paragraph before.

Again, as I've already told you when I first read it, it's wonderful and dark and I want more of this sort of thing written. -dances a jig- Please, do me that one favor? -puppy eyes-

-Dragon
Simevra Lestrange chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Hit the nail right on the head, you did. Great job. Its always prejudice, isn't it?
Quacked Lurker chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Nicely done.

Very good introspective - and way too accurate.