Reviews for Devil You Know
chainlinc3 chapter 18 . 4/26
Excellent story, I very much enjoyed your take on the crossover and where it could go. I'm sad to see that it appears to be dead, but still, good stuff. I hope you return to it someday.
aaa chapter 8 . 4/14
Seriously? Four angels and he knows the Names of all of them, and he does NOTHING with it? Is this Harry brain damaged or something?
Dragonhulk chapter 18 . 4/8
Well, I know after two years a fic should be considered dead, but I liked this enough to put it in my favorites in the hopes it updates.
Dragonhulk chapter 10 . 4/7
The last line in this chapter sent me into a fit of giggles. Great job!
Dragonhulk chapter 4 . 4/7
Wow, a fic where Raynare is smart and correctly identifies the Sacred Gear. I can honestly say I have never seen this before and I'm eager to see where this goes.
Dio Black chapter 7 . 3/29
YES! Archer references make everything better.
correnhimself316 chapter 18 . 3/7
Makes me wonder what affect Harry,'s mother being a LeFay will have in the long run?
Seraphim209 chapter 1 . 2/1
Shame it’s dead, one of my favorites.
Shame, it was one of the great ones.
AmethystPone chapter 18 . 1/14
Gonna follow this story despite knowing that it is most likely wishful thinking that it will update...But this is amongs the better DxD crossover I came across in a while...
AmethystPone chapter 3 . 1/13
People normally die if/when they are killed...
Harry here is a special case...(I'm looking at you too, Shirou!)
Archleone chapter 18 . 12/22/2017
I don't suppose there's any chance of you continuing this story is there? It's been two years since the last update.

The story was pretty interesting. I liked that it wasn't married to the events in either series' canon. Issei becoming a girl for example was pretty interesting and amusing. I'm curious where you were taking it. I was getting the vibe that either Raynare's personality was starting to bleed through to either merge with his or take over again, or that the fact that the mind was female and in a female's body (thus a different brain chemistry than a male's) was starting to change Issei's personality to a more feminine one.

I like that Harry has his mother's map jewel or whatever it's meant to be. I just hope he doesn't immediately run up against some Sidhe and is forced to get tangled in that mess. There's kind of enough stuff happened in his life already that the story might become a bit clogged up if you tried forcing faerie politics into it as well. That said, it seems most writers can't resist having the protagonist run into Mab or Maeve the moment Harry (or whatever other character is being used) steps a toe into the Nevernever. It get's a little trite.

I also like how you didn't pull the same old "Rias tries to get some fuck to break her engagement. Grayfia interrupts" thing that most people seem to do because it happened canonically. It's also interesting and adds a layer of complexity to the story since now Harry has to deal with both being attracted to her and hurt by her actions, while also still wanting to help her and being unable to see her for a month or so. I also like how Rias is sweet and friendly, while also still being capable of seriousness and in general isn't being presented as some kind of selfish harpy or a brain-dead whore. Some people really get off on making her nothing more than either a slut or someone completely ruled by narrow-minded selfishness. I think Rias has more potential than that as a character. That she is also very hot helps my fondness for the character.

Personally, I'm hoping that, after all the drama with Riser is over with, Rias and Harry talk things through and work on healing the wounds in their relationship and eventually start dating. I'm also interested to see what the deal is with Akeno. She's been uncommonly hateful in this story, but the last scene with her implies that maybe Harry's actions against Riser in defense of Rias laid to rest some of her reasons for disliking him.

Is it bad that I was sort of disappointed that Harry never did get Koneko a snack to repay her for the oreos? At least, not that I can remember. She's so stoic that I feel like her moments of being adorable ought to be rewarded. But that's just the power of moe, I guess. Not that I'm entirely sure what moe even is anymore.

I don't know if you've mentioned if this story was meant to be a harem story or not, but I honestly think it would be hilarious if it was. Particularly if Issei ends up part of that harem, for irony. Not to mention, since this story has been written in a pretty straight-forward and serious-ish manner, and it isn't a crack fic that's just a bunch of bad harem anime tropes wrapped in bad jokes and memes, it would be really interesting to see how Harry deals with the multiple realizations that many beautiful women are interested in him, some/many/all are willing to share, and Rias (who would hopefully be his girlfriend by then?) encourages it because she's a devil and doesn't have the same taboos as humans do.

But maybe that's just wishful thinking combined with a hint of schadenfreude because Harry would probably freak out quite a bit before accepting it.

I'm getting ahead of myself, considering that you haven't touched this story in years, but I guess it just shows my interest in seeing this story continue. I'd like to see Harry's growth as a wizard and as a devil. Maybe he can come to realize that being more of a devil isn't a bad thing and it doesn't mean he's losing his humanity and becoming evil. Is his staff even complete yet? Is he going to be able to navigate the Ways as well as his mother due to her neat little travel log? There's a lot of questions that can become interesting content for this story.

It would sure be swell to find someone willing to actually complete a decent DxD story that isn't a thinly veiled self-insert.
King of Yawns chapter 8 . 12/7/2017
An most awesome fic
Anzer'ke chapter 18 . 11/15/2017
Man I wish this wasn't dead. It remains the best of the Dresden crossovers that I'm aware of. On this site or any other.
ARSLOTHES chapter 18 . 11/14/2017
Looking forward to the next chapter