Reviews for Revelations: Donnie & April
I Love Kittens too chapter 3 . 5/20/2014
And she saw him. Now what explanation she is going to give him.
I Love Kittens too chapter 2 . 5/20/2014
Love the description of Donnie's room. Let's see what happen between them.
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
Good story.
BubblyShell22 chapter 7 . 5/20/2014
I loved the ending to this and agree that it's not about whether they'll stay in love or not but more about the appreciation each of them has for one another and their exploration of their feelings. Love isn't just kissing, it's also going further and exploring whether you can be intimate with your mate or not, and for Donnie and April, that's something they both had to explore to see if it could be possible. I think you captured this whole thing beautifully and really brought out the emotions in both of them. Nicely done on this, Jay. I will definitely be waiting for more stories from you in the future.

clary2008 chapter 7 . 5/19/2014
wow i can think of one word only.
BEAUTIFUL!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Chap.1 so well written I have to read on.
sombody chapter 2 . 4/15/2014
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh omg omg omg omg just breath. This is awwwsommmmme. :)
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 6 . 3/16/2014
This was gorgeous. Too often, when I read romance or erotica (on occasion), authors have a tendency to focus on the act itself. They give blow-by-blow descriptions of the ACT without including the emotional subtext, which is a far greater, far more meaningful part of the sexual experience. Here, you highlighted that in a tour-de-force effort. I loved it. The way you described April's experience was very well done (and I really enjoyed how he used his mask to blindfold her); the depiction of Donatello's experience was similarly well-done and the way you described the act itself-in sparse but powerful prose-made it all the more effective and beautiful.

I have always viewed writing as an act of precision. It can be difficult at times to know when to expound and when to pull back on the reins and exercise some restraint. Those choices ultimately shape our stories and writing more than we know. You have made wonderful decisions throughout this little gem. You set the stage early, elaborated when needed, allowed the characters to play off each other naturally, and provided your readers with a very gripping experience without overdoing it or making it seem smarmy. It was REAL. A REAL peace dealing with relatable fears, foibles, and vulnerabilities, all whiel focusing on a trusting, loving relationship between a pair of lovers. What could be more beautiful than that?

This was a wonderful debut. I look forward to more from you in the future!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
This is very handsomely crafted! I am one of those "detail-oriented" people that appreciate it when an author takes the time to get their facts straight. I LOVED that you mentioned Art Deco. If this space was truly abandoned during WWI, it would only make sense that it would be appointed in a very angular, geometric Art Deco style! I also appreciate your reference to M.C. Escher (CRAZY STAIRS!) as it really helped set the stage for me. I can see any space Donnie occupies having attributes of steampunk as well, so that was also no lost on me. Very nicely done!

As for the interaction between April and Donnie, I'm looking forward to it. You currently have them in positon for something pretty cool to go down, and I'm eager to see where you choose to go with it. All in all, this was a very strong opening chapter! Nicely done.
thegirlwholived chapter 6 . 3/13/2014
:) no comment :)
aangismyhomie chapter 6 . 2/24/2014
Hey there, I'm the person who runs fyeahapriltello on tumblr! I LOVE THIS FIC, WOW. WOW. WOOOW. Ugh, the tone of this was so lovely and deep, you really just plunged right into the emotions here. I wrote a fic called Insecurities that also deals with the progression of the Apriltello relationship, but my route was a lot more...physical, I guess you could say. I LOVE your take on it so much. I also really love the insight you include at the beginning and end of each chapter. Ugh, five stars, and please please PLEASE keep writing for this pairing. :)
BubblyShell22 chapter 6 . 2/21/2014
An awesome ending to this story. Yes, I liked the themes of exploration and curiosity within this story and can see both characters feeling this way about each other. It's not only about who and what they are but whether they can love fully despite their differences. It seems to me that they can, and I think they'll enjoy this as long as they can. Nicely done on this, Jay. I'll be looking forward to more stories from you because you're good at what you do.

BubblyShell22 chapter 5 . 2/21/2014
Ooh, April's up to something, isn't she? Can't wait to see what she's going to do while he's asleep. Awesome job on this as always. You really are a good writer.

BubblyShell22 chapter 4 . 2/21/2014
Whoa. Yeah, April's pretty daring, isn't she? Good job on this chapter. I really enjoy where you're taking this.

BubblyShell22 chapter 3 . 2/21/2014
Awesome chapter. I can see April feeling this way and not caring what others think about her decision to pursue Donnie. Nicely done on this. I just love how you're going about this.

45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »