Reviews for Revelations: Donnie & April
BubblyShell22 chapter 2 . 2/21/2014
Ooh, busted! I like that Donnie has a sanctuary of his own to just be by himself and think about things. Nicely done on this, Jay.

The Bubbly One,
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Awesome start to this, Jay. I really like where this is going and how you're exploring the relationship between Donnie and April. Nicely done on this.

The Bubbly One,
SleepingSeeker chapter 6 . 2/20/2014
Oh it was just so . . . I dunno like a snowglobe - LOL I'm being obtuse and don't mean to be! I get kind of scattered and speak in visuals . . . uhm, delicate, tiny, exact and precise? detailed and exquisite, however, I am left wishing for the plunging detail in every aspect though I know those types of details were left out for the tone of the story and while it doesn't detract! NOT at ALL! I would not mind getting this on stealthystories in the naughty section and allowing your lovely talent for detail to go wild, LOL You have a wonderful flow and all I can say is for your first story, it's really quite good! And I really, really hope to read more from you and will promote this where I can to help get that encouragement pumping!

Oh, love and sex. I love to explore the vicious, complicated, complex, layers that it brings and not as some would think! always in a positive light - sex as a weapon, a manipulation, a darkness, a shame, oh yea, just like the desolation that love can bring - the utter destruction and disfigurement that can be created out of LOVE - these are the themes I enjoy exploring. I, Alone is all about a Foot soldier's complete and obsessive 'love' of Michelangelo. It is a love so twisted and in the hands of a complete lunatic, it becomes a terrifying weapon and justification for the horrors that he acts upon Mikey.

Oh, I can't wait to see what you think of Don and April in part 2 of the Tender Trap and also if you enjoy my handling of the very same fears, taboo and doubts . . .

I'm so glad you asked me to take a look! Really, I do hope to read more from you, soon! Feel free if you ever want to plot or bounce ideas off me - I've made many friends in the fandom and working out ideas is a great joy. There's nothing like the craft of writing to me! I need to write as I need to breathe!
SleepingSeeker chapter 5 . 2/20/2014
LOL oh my goodness, April! This is really sweet. I loved his exploration of her, his gentle wonder, his intimidation and needing her not to 'see' not to 'watch' him as he made his discovery of the map that is her. Lovely.
SleepingSeeker chapter 4 . 2/20/2014
'shrugged like she was making a sandwich' that line! I LOVED that! LOL Careful, April, you don't want to scare the poor boy off and have him running for the hills! XD
SleepingSeeker chapter 3 . 2/20/2014
It is the inner glow, that out of reach thing, some would label soul, that we fall for is it not? Have they no soul because they are not exactly as we? I would argue fervently against such a silly thing to decide based on human arrogance and dangerous pride. When people get outraged, I simply point out Sentience - it is as simple as that lovely word.

This was so sweet. April being so open and willing to at least 'try' despite the fears and lingering doubt. Can't wait to read more...I'm going to have to recommend this on Stealthystories! You should drop by - we're a wild bunch of fanfiction fans and writers over there! Stealthystories DOT prophpbb DOT com
SleepingSeeker chapter 2 . 2/20/2014
This chapter just FLEW by for me as I read, I was so captivated by all the amazing details and sensory aspects of it. So nice!
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
'Steampunk and Art Deco had a baby' That is just a marvelous way to describe the lair! In particular, since I'm a fan of steampunk, I loved it! Oh my, I like this set up. There is a subtle heart beat of suspense beneath the flow. I like the description of 'battle weary' Donnie. That really fixes an image into my mind without saying too much, allowing my own imagination to fill in the details.

I can't help but shiver at the 'back room' idea - while of course it is sweet and not sinister at all, I use a 'quiet room' in the story Boundless which is used as a similar, but far more macabre pursuit. Reading ON!
ChaosSeiroFreedomfromrulesnin chapter 6 . 2/19/2014
Lola-Lovely chapter 6 . 2/16/2014

Amazingly well written, and so very thoughtfully done. Most of the "romance" around here (in all arenas) is just too graphic and slopped together, or just a strewn together *lemon* for giggles. It was amazing to see someone tackle the true affections and intentions of intimacy instead of the normal 'teen sexcapades' or, as you said, the ever-cautious will-they-won't-they.

This is the standard people should follow instead of handing out cannon fodder, writers should strive to capture moments like this and keep them pure and authentic and...and moving.

I actually came across this after reading SleepingSeeker's "Unanswered Question" and it both blew my mind and made my morning that someone took a graceful approach to the concept. I was thrilled to see a work completed, but also deeply saddened that it was over.
clary2008 chapter 4 . 2/11/2014
ok now Donnie is going to faint.
It's too much for him Lol!
clary2008 chapter 3 . 2/9/2014
they kiss!
And now?
I want to see Donnie's reaction...
Guest chapter 2 . 2/7/2014
Oooooooooooh cool ... Next chapter plz
Guest chapter 2 . 2/6/2014
Nice, now just what will Donnie say to April? Hope to see more soon.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Good grammar and a good start. This story has potential. Don't waste it.
I'll be eager to read the next chapter
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3