Reviews for The Last Time, by Melanie Mackey
catspats31 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
The story is good, but since it has the copied lyrics of Taylor Swift's "The Last Time", it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed:
3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.

Please remove all of the copied lyrics from your story before someone can use them as evidence in their abuse reports.

And in case you're wondering when and why that rule is made, here is the background information. Back on April 27, 2005, the admins put this message on the front page regarding songfics:

In addition, [this site] would like to address a growing problem. For whatever reason, some writers feel it's okay to copy-n-paste musical lyrics they have not written into their fiction. If you did not write it, do not post it. This has always been our policy. Please remove these entries immediately to avoid account closure.

Keep in mind that "public domain" means something that has expired intellectual properties, like Shakespearean works. And disclaimers don't cut it for song lyrics. Not even changing a few words from the original song will be enough.

Member of Eliminator
hiiragizawa29li21 chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
Hmm, what just happened? Is there any sequel?
Amethyst Beloved chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Wow Melanie, this is so powerful. Because NT is so Sakura-centric, we miss out of what Syaoran was feeling most of the time. I've always enjoyed parallel stories exploring different points of view. While we got a snippet of what was going on with Syaoran in the Third Arc epilogue, we get to spend more time in his head. This song really fits well with these scenes. Keep up the great work and feel free to share more of your fan creations with us if they ever come your way.

-Amethyst Beloved
Kirei Blossom chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
*whelp* Ah, all these old scenes kill me - but you did such a good job of portraying Syaoran's point of view. Why did you end it there? You should have kept going on with a few more scenes, at least. (And with a more happier song).

I'm so desperate for the next chapter, anything NT-related will do at this point. _