Reviews for A Fly in the Ointment
Sword 0f Damocles chapter 8 . 9/12/2014
I think at least Jack should be involved and maybe Hanabi later on.
tgms177 chapter 4 . 9/12/2014
you the only person that can write harem stories so you should always go for one - single pairings get boring rather fast
Jebest4781 chapter 8 . 9/12/2014
another great chapter as always man and damn the relationship stuff is getting crazy now. really want Miranda to accept that she is willing to share Naruto since he has so much love to give and man you do so damn well on the romances
NaruKyuubi101 chapter 8 . 9/12/2014
Great storie sofar keep up the good work, As for the pairing i say miri,jack,hanabi and tali make it some way she is able to take off her suit
tgms177 chapter 8 . 9/12/2014
ohh good yes - jack should be paired with naruto i want more catfights
RoyalTwinFangs chapter 8 . 9/12/2014
Very nice chapter.
Revan0080 chapter 8 . 9/12/2014
Excellent chapter! Please keep it up!
CelestialSilhouette chapter 8 . 9/12/2014
Another great chapter. It's the little things you're doing with this story that's winning me over. Skipping Therum (by having Naruto essentially ignore it, via sex, no less) was nicely done. I suppose it's safe to assume that next chapter will wrap up Noveria and Feros, and maybe even show the start of the mission on Virmire.

The best part is Naruto's loose cannon-esque behaviour as far as Saren is concerned. Torturing Fist, executing Anoleis; just awesome. An unhinged Naruto is a more likable Naruto, in my eyes, in the sense that he's more relatable. He's more realistic; his not the perfect spectre, he's not unflappable. He's only an organic (I figure that's the equivalent of today's 'He's only human' in the Mass Effect universe).

I'm surprised you're considering Hanabi ahead of Shepard regarding Naruto's potential love interests. Sure, she knew Naruto - the OLD Naruto. This incarnation of the whiskered blond is a different man. Besides, I'm liking how well Naruto and Emily are getting along. And has he caught Liara's eye as well? Daaaaammmmnnnnn. I can only imagine how how much he'll have his hands full with all these women! Sweet.

Keep up the great work! Thanks for updating.
plums chapter 8 . 9/11/2014
You keep doing this. You bring nutty fruitcake women from the naruto series, make them immortal/invincible, and it makes no sense at all. And it really brings good stories down...

First it was Kushina/kaguya in that Sekirei story, now it's this slightly more freaky than normal Hinata.
Krazyfanfiction1 chapter 8 . 9/11/2014
amazing chapter as always.
keep up the good work
Noctus Of The Thousand Blades chapter 7 . 8/13/2014
Naruto/miri/jack/hanabi, and possibly two others. personally I see Tali fitting in rather nicely, and possibly Liara. but that one is iffy, at most he and Liara would be a fling fueled by her curiousity into his species and their history. I don't really see it becoming serious until the events of ME2. also if Hanabi is added id say wait until ME2 to finalize everything. don't want to rush this one. tali would obviously, Again, be an ME2 addition. in all three cases it gives them time to mature and become accustomed to the possibility of sharing him. ash and shepard I don't see working as a pairing for this fic, friends? sure. brief friends with benefits? eeeeh possibly but doubtful.

miri and jack already have the groundwork laid out for the pairing. hanabi has the history aspect going for her. Tali would get major sympathy points at the start, which I can easily see evolving into a crush and then into full out love by ME2. for liara, professional curiousity at the start. eventually becoming a somewhat rocky relationship that I don't see stabilizing before ME3. for ME2 a brief fling before and after the Shadow Broker, but definitely not a full relationship before ME3. mainly because of lack of contact and Liara's need to grow as an individual before a relationship between them could work.

the building blocks, and the foundation are there. the question is, how will you use them?
Exanime Draco chapter 7 . 8/3/2014
That was really good, I really wish I had read this chapter when it first came out. I would have too, but then as the age old saying goes 'Shit hit the fan known as my life'. I've been wrapped up in trouble ever since. I honestly can't see what people dislike about this fic, I think its amazing myself. I honestly wish I could write a story in this cross over. Sadly however, (much as it is blasphemy to say so) I've never played any of the mass effect games. So I only have this with which to satisfy myself so to speak.
I've enjoyed the humour that you've added to this particular crossover series the most out of everything. From what I understand the Mass effect series isn't a very humour filled game series, though there is the occasionally funny moment every now and then, though not much. As such I'm really enjoying how you've added all this humour into the mix. It really plays onto Naruto's prankster nature regardless of whether some of it is what you might consider to be 'grim' humour though I enjoy that as well depending on the circumstances in which it is used.
I mean don't get me wrong humour isn't everything in this series and action is important as well. However, when it comes down to it, Naruto isn't a dead serious character 100% of the time. Something which the Mass effect universe seems to place an emphasis on happening. As such it's always appreciated to see a smack to the back of the head for a bit of levity, or the random comment that sounds stupid such as the 'babe say what now?' like at the end of this chapter, or even the whole incident involving Jack giving Ashely the finger after the council session. It perfectly follows a fanfiction involving Naruto as a main character, though as you've shown yourself capable of doing it also has plenty of action as well.
Not only that but this action is also very well done too. I personally hope to see more of this fic in the future and that you don't just abandon it because of the lack of attention it might be receiving.
On to other matters however. In regards to whether you should change the pairing up to a harem. I personally think at the very least you should throw Jack into the mix for two reasons. The first is that it could open up some very good and very entertaining scenes of humour for the story down the road. The second reason however is that it also opens up some potential plot twists as well in the regards to tragic choices and future events.
Hanabi on the other hand is a bit more difficult for me to give you some advice on. For one thing I haven't really seen a whole lot of her in this story outside of two small scenes. It hasn't really been a whole lot of character and personality to show from her. And before you say other wise let me explain my reasoning. For one Hanabi has observed Naruto, and aside from your preview at the end of the chapter, she has only seen Naruto as a clone, not as the original person, just a clone. That while he may have the same skills, and some of the same ideals, he is not the same person (which in a sense is partially true). As such it's a bit difficult to get a read on her and if she would fit into the pairing of this story, since even in the preview she doesn't really come across as romantic match, though that is in part due to the circumstances involved in the preview itself. However, from what I can glean from it, at this moment she seems more like a woman buried in deep seated lust, rather than love at the moment. Something which is understandable given her previous relationship with Naruto.
Jack on the other hand has spent a great deal of time with Naruto. As such it wouldn't surprise me to see her having some feelings of a more romantic nature towards Naruto. Something which is partially apparent (if you look closely enough) during the scene in the elevator in this chapter when she mentions she's just playing around. Not only that but she also fits well with Naruto's personality and his more playful nature, while Miranda fits in with the other half of Naruto's personality.
Hanabi on the other hand like I said is rather difficult for me to give you an accurate answer for. As such I won't give a definitive yes or no answer just yet. I'll have to see a few more chapters which involve her both interacting with people other than Naruto, and with Naruto himself, along with maybe one or two which have scenes regarding her contemplating events going on around her and potentially Naruto and what not. All so that I can get a better understanding of her personality for this story. Still though if she were to be added to the potential harem, I would say it should likely be a case of it being after Naruto remembers her name from his genetic memories and mentions it to her.
KL StarBlaze chapter 7 . 7/28/2014
Cool story
thegreat35t chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Great start!
souldancegirl chapter 7 . 7/27/2014
This is cool, very nice. Hope you update more of it.
359 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »