Reviews for Fire and Ice
yngoldfogee chapter 7 . 1/24
I've enjoyed this and hope you can update it soon.
Love2read23 chapter 7 . 1/8
Hello, I like this story. The Prince Manor sounds marvelous. And the ice phoenix is an ingesting addition. I'm reviewing in a plea for you to continue. What was Crystal's vision? Does Harry stay with Snape? Please keep writing.
JasonDragonwing chapter 7 . 12/15/2014
I like it! Update soon please! :)
Griffin Raven chapter 7 . 9/27/2014
Throughly looking forward to learning more about Chrystal and the other Ice Phonenixes - but also to learn just what might happen next? Will the danger thats approaching Prince Manor be that misguided Ice Phonenix Apate - and just how will that Phoenix have gotten rid of its unwanted companion and fellow Ice Phoenix Skadi?
wannabe kairi chapter 7 . 7/10/2014
cliff-hanger! pls update soon
Alatar Maia chapter 5 . 6/20/2014
I always think 'eh it's not very realistic to have Snape and Harry get so close' but these stories are always so well written I really have no excuse. Please keep updating!
Alatar Maia chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Wow, plot twist! An interesting idea...personally I wouldn't put it past the Dursleys. Please continue updating!
sjrodgers23 chapter 7 . 6/13/2014
Shadi and Crystal should survive and Harry should find out what is going on love it so far. thank you
Ilanea chapter 7 . 6/12/2014
I really like your story so far. The mentoring relationship between Harry and Snape is progressing (some stories rush it bit, I think). Filler chapter or not, you left it at a bit of a cliff hanger. I can't wait to see what happens next.
corala chapter 7 . 6/11/2014
Good God now what
Pathseekerme chapter 7 . 6/11/2014
I really like this story! Great job!
Alethea27 chapter 7 . 6/11/2014
It's a good thing Crystal was monitoring Harry and got Severus when she couldn't wake him. I hope when the Dursleys are found; Crystal gets to punish them. She can have a go at Dumbledore too for putting Harry there and for wanting him to go back there. Dumblebutt and his stupid 'blood wards' - nobody knows exactly what Lily did to protect Harry because nobody was there to see it, but Dumblebutt thinks he knows the answer to everything! Arrogant old toad!
I find it strange that the Council of Elders isn't able to detect a major traitor in their midst and even let Apate go and search for Crystal.
Shouldn't Harry and Crystal get Severus immediately when Crystal senses danger approaching the manor rather that continuing to have a leisurely lunch and a conversation about Crystal's abilities? Looking forward to the next chapter! Please update soon!
thewolf74 chapter 7 . 6/11/2014
Wow. I really like this story. Please update again very soon. I hope that the ice around Severus' heart does finally thaw. Harry needs him more that Severus knows and Severus needs him too.
Alethea27 chapter 6 . 6/10/2014
It sound as if the Ice Phoenix isn't as judgmental of Severus as the wizarding world is. I hope she decides to stay with Severus and Harry permanently. I can see her living at the manor house. I wonder why Dumblebutt is so determined to find the Dursleys after it's been made clear to him that they abused Harry. I suspect he wants Petunia, Vernon, and Dudley to abuse Harry enough to make him malleable and so starved for love that he'll do anything Dumblebutt wants in his caring
grandfather role. Severus and the Ice Phoenix will be standing in his way to protect Harry, I'll bet and Fawkes might just desert Dumbles to join them!
DoDaDe chapter 7 . 6/10/2014
Not bad, though the ice phoenix seems extremely close to a deus ex machina with all her Powers As the Plot Demands. While I do feel that ice phoenixes/all non-normal phoenixes are OP this one is treading too closely along the fine line between okay power and D. E. M.
I think the main problem is that there wasn't any foreshadowing (that said it's been a while since I read the earlier chapters where there could have been a passing mention) of them OR their powers and so because their powers, flaws and so on weren't even alluded to it makes every new power that she has seem conjured out of thin air because you couldn't think of any other way to progress the plot.

Obviously this isn't true as you've made it clear that all sentient magical beings (human or otherwise) have the choice to be good or evil where most stories simply say 'phoenix auto-good', so you may need to work on your writing a bit to make it so that you're writing doesn't imply New Powers As the Plot Demands.

Also, Harry seems very young here. This is a good thing because he's *eleven* and thus is actually very young.