Reviews for Deduction
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 2/1/2016
Great little scene. Of course Mycroft would work out who the shooter was. :)
Icecat62 chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
You have their voices and mannerisms down pat. This should have been part of that episode. So very good in so many ways.
JolieBlack chapter 1 . 1/27/2015
Hello there,
you already know that I love this story.
Just flying by to ask whether you're OK with us collecting your Sherlock stories for the BBC Sherlock for Canon Addicts community here on the site, too. It's the sister community to the one on AO3 where you've already put them. Please let me know if you're not OK with it.
Thanks! Jolie
librarywitch chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
I never really thought of it before but he had to of know. Well done.
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
So why didn't they include this little gem in the script? Must have been left on the cutting room floor. The only irritating thing? It means I can't now write this conversation myself, without being accused of plagiarism. Mind you, because your version is so good, I probably won't even try.
bcbdrums chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
i've wondered how mycroft could have not known it was mary who shot sherlock. the logical answer is that he did know and just didn't bother about it. and this, sherlock demanding silence from him, is a perfect reason why. if only mycroft listened to sherlock on other matters, such as concerning magnussen...

i think the very first line about deductions based on footsteps is my favorite. :) but mycroft's little advisement about deducting vs deduction is also extremely fitting. this could have been a deleted scene from the episode.
ijustsigneduptofollow chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
What a lovely scene between the brothers.
'I trust Mrs. Watson will not be shooting you again?'

and

'You protect John at any cost, but deny me the same when it comes to you.'

Just pitch-perfect. You know Mycroft just has to know what happened, and this conversation feels very believable and in-character. And I loved the bit about deducting-versus-deduction. Very well done! (Again!)
StealMyShow chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Great story! Both of them seemed really in character, and I could hear the Holmes banter in my head as I read it.
Great job! :D
HarnGin chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Yeah! It's lovely to find a writer who knows the difference between "deduce" and "deduct," and to have Mycroft be the one to explain it while being obtuse is incredible. My hat's off to you! (And, how many of your readers' heads did it go right over?) :D

Thanks for writing yet another great tale.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
That was superb, thank you!
Ellvanui chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Hi! I loved this little story and the way it shows there is some "not mentioned" brotherly love between the Holmes brothers. :) I always picture Mycroft with reactions like these, and your take on it is really cool :)
Revella chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Totally in character, well done.
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Nice. I find it totally unbelievable that Mycroft wouldn't figure out that the shooter was Mary Watson. So, I find this a nice missing scene piece explaining why he didn't go after her.
Paula chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Excellent, as always. Perfect characterization and the voices are spot-on. I love it when you do these kinds of missing scenes, too. It makes complete sense in every way and if they'd filmed Mycroft visiting I have no doubt that it would have gone exactly like this.
twojedi2001 chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
A wonderful story, with Mycroft's difference between deducting and deduction just perfect.