Reviews for The Bleeding Drops of Red
Knyle Borealis chapter 1 . 5/28
a;ldsfj;ajldghladsjf.

You have reduced me to a puddle. Well done.

And why, WHY did you have to throw in the stupid Zola train bit? Bucky, nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Don't go. Your gut feeling was right last time-listen to it! Argh!
Midnight Star 2373 chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
This was really great! The ending was very painful as we all know what happens on that train...but really, you captured the essence of Steve and his beliefs perfectly and the relationship between Bucky and him is just right!
allisvanity chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
This is just awesome. Great portrayal of their friendship. Also love the tension, it really sets up the ending, where we realize the next mission causes Bucky's death.

Also, FF Net, "Bucky's" is too a word. Stop correcting me.
Amy chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
Woah! This is intense! You did an amazing job with Bucky's thoughts. I loved this story! I think there aren't enough stories set in the Commando period but this helps. :D
FirePony16 chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Excellent story :)
Borrowed Twenties chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
Wow, I loved this! After watching Cap 2, I was wondering if anyone had written a story about Steve and Bucky, and I'm glad to have found this. You've really nailed Bucky right on the spot - his feelings about the sudden reverse in their dynamics with Steve's new strength, even the tinge of jealousy that was evident in Cap 1, but at the same time you captured the extent of his love for Steve as a brother and a best friend. Bucky's understanding of Steve and his character goes way deep, and his determination to protect Steve is nothing short of touching. I love how the whole story has a WWII feel to it, from the detailed way you go into the Howling Commandos and the very evocative description of the fight scenes and the war. The pain and injuries Steve feels are both palpable and visceral and the shock of seeing him so wounded was very real. It also feels terrible knowing what comes after this story, but all in all, this was really great and I loved it!
Jaguarsolaris chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
well written story. very much enjoyed reading it.
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Everything I've ever wanted in a fic is here and it's wonderful. And knowing what this led up to made it that much harder to read. But I loved it anyway :)
starfire25 chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
interesting story. i liked it a lot.
Flynne chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Hurray, a new story! Loved reading from Bucky's point of view. Very interesting to think that being friends with Steve comes with a cost, and I really liked how you developed that idea. The conversations between Bucky and Steve are funny and sad at the same time. And I know he had, what, maybe three lines? but I found myself really liking the doctor. The end of the story just kills me because we know what's about to happen. Well done!
Sheeptopus chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
This is mind-blowing! Just perfect. The characterisation, the action, the emotion... everything! You are an amazing writer! Thank you for writing this!
Peekaboo42 chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Awesome story! Loved it, loved it. Great character study of Bucky Barnes.
Randomite chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Really enjoyed this. Beautifully and evocatively written without ever losing sight of who these two are and what they mean to each other as friends - knowing what will happen next just makes the ending so poignant. Great work.
usa123 chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Absolutely loved it. You nailed the characterizations! Thanks for posting this wonderful one-shot.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Oh man that ending... Cap breaks my heart.

Love how you portray his character and the relationship with Bucky . Thanks for a great read and look forward to the next story.