Reviews for The Phantom
Empress Aurora chapter 1 . 7/31
Good opening chapter! You give a short breif on each character and quickly start to show their personalities! I like that! I look forward to reading these remastered versions of your chapters! Perhaps I will be able to keep up this time;)
Burke23 chapter 31 . 7/30
WOOT!
ArtemisBAMF1218 chapter 2 . 7/30
Wow, it's been a long time since I seen this story, it feels like a dream. So of course, good ol boring Friday noon he once thought. Casual mission.
But they can already see Fury's unease at their special person.
I wonder who it could be? (Note the sarcasm)
Anyway the description of the place is so lush, I can feel like I smell the jungle atmosphere.
Oh r But I forgot Adam and MJ were dating!
Taskmaster, the great Mercer art and mastermind himself
This isn't going to be easy. Holy crap is right.
Even in the midst of bad injuries, Ava can still gripe t him like the best of em. It really shows the difference in their relationship between here and later in VR.
Oh Spidey if only you knew his real plan.
Ah the Phatom's first appearance! Yes, this is great, all the old feels are coming back.
The Story's Shadow chapter 31 . 7/28
An evolved version of this story? Nice, can't wait.
The Night Hunter chapter 31 . 7/28
Goody always like the good info but what about the last part of trilogy? It's been some time since last update
Man285 chapter 31 . 7/28
Awesome
Death Fury chapter 31 . 7/28
thx for the heads up!
lost-in-elysium chapter 30 . 2/9
Yay! Phantom survived. I knew he would, after all that he has endured.

Great ending to the story. I like how Peter and Ava are fully embracing their relationship, but I would love to read more about Phantom and Maria's daughter Selena. I hope she plays a bigger role in the sequels because she is a fascinating character, and it sounds like she may be a mutant as well. I am also interested in the crossover between the Spider-Man and X-Men worlds.

I am looking forward to reading the next installment! Great job!
lost-in-elysium chapter 29 . 2/9
I knew the X-Me had to somehow be involved with this, given the fact that the term mutant and the Brotherhood has been mentioned. But I was surprised about the relationship between Phantom and Taskmaster. I did not know the former was the student of the latter.

I really thought Spidey was a goner for a moment! Fortunately Phantom was there to save him. But no, please don't let him die! After all that he has been through, I don't know any other character who is more deserving of a happy ending than Phantom. I think he'll survive. The end of this chapter is reminiscent of the one in Captain America: The First Avenger.
lost-in-elysium chapter 28 . 2/9
I wonder if the mysterious man talking to Taskmaster is the true mastermind behind everything that has happened to Phantom. I can't help but think about the Brotherhood as well. An interesting twist in regards that other mutants have been involved with Athena Class Projects. What is that? I am sure this will all be explained in the sequels! There really is a lot more going on than I expected. I thought we were finally getting to the truth but I think we are barely gracing the surface!
lost-in-elysium chapter 27 . 2/9
Maria is right; Phantom is not a killer, and if he was, he would end up becoming the monster he seeks to destroy. I am glad that he and Maria are reunited - it looks like they can have a relationship again. And I am glad Selena understands her father's situation and does not harbor any ill will towards him; it was not Alejandro's fault that he could not have been there for her as she grew up. But he is here now and he seems to be willing to do anything and everything to make up for all the years he lost with his little girl.

Wow! I loved the scene between Spidey and Tiger. Beautiful! I knew Spidey and Tiger would be unable to resist their feelings towards each other in the end.
lost-in-elysium chapter 26 . 1/21
Lol! Deadpool's motormouth might just cost him his alliance with Taskmaster...

What I found most intriguing about this chapter was Phantom stating he was neither a hero or a villain. As I mentioned in a previous review, these are the characters are find most fascinating and engaging...rather than the antagonist that is purely evil, or the protagonists that is purely good, if they are flawed, and have attributes of both it really does make the reader think. Sometimes you are rooting for them, other times you are not. It makes them appear more human.

It is ironic that Phantom could not break out of the cell! But at least Spidey and his team are there to do it for him.
lost-in-elysium chapter 25 . 1/21
I feel bad for Spidey...I don't think Tiger is being fair to to him, especially since she was with him at that time. She should be supporting him, rather than reprimanding him. He is human, and we all make mistakes. Spider-Man always prevails, so I know that he and his allies will win this fight against Taskmaster!
lost-in-elysium chapter 24 . 1/17
I can understand why Peter was upset when Phantom asked for his help; he had been against him and what he was fighting for for a majority of the story, but I am glad Peter realizes Phantom is right and that he needs to help him with defeating Taskmaster.

It appears that Ava's worst nightmare came true; her relationship with Peter interfered with their duties as superheroes, and several lives were lost. I wonder how the two of them will react to this reality and if Ava (or Peter) will sever their romantic ties for good. I don't think they will though, based on the last scene of the chapter with them holding hands (then releasing them after Iron Man notices it).
lost-in-elysium chapter 23 . 1/17
I knew that Fury wasn't the one who told Maria that Alejandro was dead! I was surprised that in reality it was Taskmaster; I should have suspected it from the beginning, but I didn't; however, I know he is capable of being deceptive like this. But what was his motive? Hopefully Phantom now realizes that Taskmaster is his true enemy, and hopefully will seek out Spidey and his allies to assist him in bringing him down. I want Spidey and Ava to enjoy themselves, but I wonder how the others will get in touch with them if they turned off their communicators?

I also liked the backstory provided regarding Maria and Fernand. Fernand is a decent guy, stepping into the father figure role when Alejandro could not.