Reviews for Ultimate Spider-Man: The Phantom
lost-in-elysium chapter 30 . 2/9
Yay! Phantom survived. I knew he would, after all that he has endured.

Great ending to the story. I like how Peter and Ava are fully embracing their relationship, but I would love to read more about Phantom and Maria's daughter Selena. I hope she plays a bigger role in the sequels because she is a fascinating character, and it sounds like she may be a mutant as well. I am also interested in the crossover between the Spider-Man and X-Men worlds.

I am looking forward to reading the next installment! Great job!
lost-in-elysium chapter 29 . 2/9
I knew the X-Me had to somehow be involved with this, given the fact that the term mutant and the Brotherhood has been mentioned. But I was surprised about the relationship between Phantom and Taskmaster. I did not know the former was the student of the latter.

I really thought Spidey was a goner for a moment! Fortunately Phantom was there to save him. But no, please don't let him die! After all that he has been through, I don't know any other character who is more deserving of a happy ending than Phantom. I think he'll survive. The end of this chapter is reminiscent of the one in Captain America: The First Avenger.
lost-in-elysium chapter 28 . 2/9
I wonder if the mysterious man talking to Taskmaster is the true mastermind behind everything that has happened to Phantom. I can't help but think about the Brotherhood as well. An interesting twist in regards that other mutants have been involved with Athena Class Projects. What is that? I am sure this will all be explained in the sequels! There really is a lot more going on than I expected. I thought we were finally getting to the truth but I think we are barely gracing the surface!
lost-in-elysium chapter 27 . 2/9
Maria is right; Phantom is not a killer, and if he was, he would end up becoming the monster he seeks to destroy. I am glad that he and Maria are reunited - it looks like they can have a relationship again. And I am glad Selena understands her father's situation and does not harbor any ill will towards him; it was not Alejandro's fault that he could not have been there for her as she grew up. But he is here now and he seems to be willing to do anything and everything to make up for all the years he lost with his little girl.

Wow! I loved the scene between Spidey and Tiger. Beautiful! I knew Spidey and Tiger would be unable to resist their feelings towards each other in the end.
lost-in-elysium chapter 26 . 1/21
Lol! Deadpool's motormouth might just cost him his alliance with Taskmaster...

What I found most intriguing about this chapter was Phantom stating he was neither a hero or a villain. As I mentioned in a previous review, these are the characters are find most fascinating and engaging...rather than the antagonist that is purely evil, or the protagonists that is purely good, if they are flawed, and have attributes of both it really does make the reader think. Sometimes you are rooting for them, other times you are not. It makes them appear more human.

It is ironic that Phantom could not break out of the cell! But at least Spidey and his team are there to do it for him.
lost-in-elysium chapter 25 . 1/21
I feel bad for Spidey...I don't think Tiger is being fair to to him, especially since she was with him at that time. She should be supporting him, rather than reprimanding him. He is human, and we all make mistakes. Spider-Man always prevails, so I know that he and his allies will win this fight against Taskmaster!
lost-in-elysium chapter 24 . 1/17
I can understand why Peter was upset when Phantom asked for his help; he had been against him and what he was fighting for for a majority of the story, but I am glad Peter realizes Phantom is right and that he needs to help him with defeating Taskmaster.

It appears that Ava's worst nightmare came true; her relationship with Peter interfered with their duties as superheroes, and several lives were lost. I wonder how the two of them will react to this reality and if Ava (or Peter) will sever their romantic ties for good. I don't think they will though, based on the last scene of the chapter with them holding hands (then releasing them after Iron Man notices it).
lost-in-elysium chapter 23 . 1/17
I knew that Fury wasn't the one who told Maria that Alejandro was dead! I was surprised that in reality it was Taskmaster; I should have suspected it from the beginning, but I didn't; however, I know he is capable of being deceptive like this. But what was his motive? Hopefully Phantom now realizes that Taskmaster is his true enemy, and hopefully will seek out Spidey and his allies to assist him in bringing him down. I want Spidey and Ava to enjoy themselves, but I wonder how the others will get in touch with them if they turned off their communicators?

I also liked the backstory provided regarding Maria and Fernand. Fernand is a decent guy, stepping into the father figure role when Alejandro could not.
lost-in-elysium chapter 22 . 1/12
I too am curious about who this Max Eisenhardt person is...I wonder who was the mysterious character who was talking to Taskmaster a couple of chapters back? I think he may connected to the Brotherhood, which I think are connected to the X-Men. Ironically, I was playing the game, X-Men: Legends after I read that chapter; I was fighting Mystique and she mentioned the Brotherhood. Also someone mentioned the word mutants. It would be cool if Wolverine showed up! The episode of Ultimate Spider-Man when he switched places with Spidey was one of my favorite ones.

It appears that infrared lights is Phantom's kryptonite. I hope Phantom will get help quick; I knew he was a good person, and that he would not waver on his stance of not harming innocent civilians. Hopefully Phantom has now realized that Taskmaster is the true enemy, not Fury.
lost-in-elysium chapter 21 . 1/12
I am asking the same questions that Fury is asking. I believe that he didn't tell Maria that Cruz was dead (after all, why would he? What would he have gained by lying about his death when he knew he was still alive? I do not see any motive behind that kind of deception). And now Fury has been blackmailed...but I think the flashdrive Peter has will bring everything to light. Interested to see what will happen now!
lost-in-elysium chapter 20 . 1/8
I wonder who this mysterious character was at the beginning of the chapter who was talking to Taskmaster. When I first read about him stating that he was providing them with weapons and armor, the first name that popped into my head was Tony Stark's rival, Justin Hammer, but when I read about the brotherhood, I started to have doubts. Is it someone we know...Hmm...I am very curious to find out what this man's true identity is!

I knew Ava wouldn't be able to keep up the cold shoulder act for long! She loves Peter, and Peter loves her, and I knew that even their responsibilities as superheroes would not be enough to keep them apart. And Peter is right; if Phantom wanted him dead, he would have been dead already. In fact, when I think about it, Peter and Phantom are very similar to each other. They both got something they never asked for (i.e. superhuman abilities). It is how they are coping with this that is so different.
lost-in-elysium chapter 19 . 1/8
I think the alliance between Phantom and Taskmaster is not going to last long. It is evident Taskmaster is willing to go to extremes (i.e. killing innocent civilians), a territory that Phantom is unwilling to enter. Hopefully he realizes soon that Taskmaster, and perhaps even Deadpool, are the enemies he should be fighting against, not with.

Uh oh! It now appears that Maria is a target. I completely forgot about Deadpool following Phantom...wow! That was a great ending to the chapter. As for the movie you are referencing with the dialogue exchange in the parking garage between Maria and Phantom...I don't know! I probably have not seen the movie you are referring to because I haven't a clue.
lost-in-elysium chapter 18 . 1/8
Interesting how they are blackmailing Fury! But I wonder if Fury didn't tell Maria Cruz was dead, then who did? Even though Fury's morals can be shaky at best, I think he was genuinely concerned about Phantom and his well being and he truly wants to help him. Hopefully the others will see this as well because he is not the enemy, in my opinion.

I meant to point this out in my review of the previous chapter but forgot; it is about speech tags and adverbs. For example, when you after writing dialogue, you tend to write this character "asked politely" or "aggressively said"; it is better to write "asked" or "said" instead of describing how they said it with an adverb because it can be a bit distracting at times, and I tend to focus more on the speech tags rather than what the characters are actually saying. Just a suggestion.
lost-in-elysium chapter 17 . 1/3
Even though I believe Phantom is in the wrong, at least he has some sense of a moral compass by stating he is done with the operation if innocent civilians are injured or killed. I think the most intriguing villains aren't the ones who are pure evil but those who are a mixture of both good and bad...someone you can sympathize with even though you may not want to.

It's sad that Ava is being so cold and distant towards Peter. I know she is putting up this wall between them because she is trying to protect her and him, but the damage has already been done. She can still be cordial with him and acknowledge his presence! And as fate would have it, they would be forced to work together on the chemistry project. At least she gained some insight at the end of the chapter. It is evident she wants to be with Peter despite her herculean efforts to ignore him.
lost-in-elysium chapter 16 . 1/3
I'm surprised that Ava decided to end the relationship between her and Peter so soon, but I understand her reasoning. Crime never takes a day off, and neither can they. This scene reminded me of the final one in Raimi's first Spider-Man, with Peter and MJ talking after Norman was buried. It is sad how Ava and Peter won't be able to pursue a romantic relationship because they are preoccupied with saving the world, but hopefully there will be a time when they will be able to put themselves first instead. They deserve to feel and act like teenagers at times, even if they carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. I think they will be able to find a way to balance their superhero duties with their personal and romantic lives by the end of the story.

It's a shame that Phantom is perceiving Spidey as the villain. Phantom himself even acknowledged how Spidey is still optimistic after losing so much in his young life...everyone grieves differently, but perhaps Phantom could learn a couple of things from Spidey.

You write great action scenes (very engaging) and your portrayal of the characters are very accurate and true, especially of Deadpool.