Reviews for Sniper's Blood
WmGeorge chapter 1 . 2/16
Okay, I've read Burnt, and am semi-patiently waiting for an update. I just read Sniper's Blood, and have to say it's excellent. I don't say that lightly. I generally avoid such short stories, because they seldom capture much of anything. But this ... this was so intense. Tony's anger, his abilities, his mental sharpness, and then, then ... Gibbs' trust in his SFA. Oh wow. So much there, in so few words.

Of course, I'm greedy, and would love to see this continued, using the bits Tony revealed about Ziva. Uh, and no, I'm not a Ziva fan.

Anyway, just had to add this review. Another thing I seldom do. But this piece definitely deserved it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful writing.
Ky111 chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Nice one-shot and I got to say I agree with your view about Kate and her character (that you posted on your account page also agree about Ziva she had her good moments but as a whole she had to many bad ones to really like her as a character, especially how she would undermine Tony in front of other agents which has lead to McGee acting the same on occasion, although I wish Tony would call them on it on occasion he tends to let to many things slide).

I look forward to seeing more stories from you perhaps even ones where perhaps Kate lives.

Later.
AlexDN chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Another very good story. BRAVA!
lmill123 chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
I hopw that you do a sequal to this short story. One where Tony can show what David's agend really is. Then he could really make Gibbs and Shephard out to be fools. As Tony said you don't let the enemy in without knowing their agenda. You made a good point that the writers never explained. How she was able to do all she did.
sopmire chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Thank heavens! Love your story, Tony being pissed off, rationally suspicious, and being a better fighter than he's allowed to show. And Gibbs' trust in Tony. Thanks for writing and sharing!
DS2010 chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
I agree with everything Tony said about Ziva. I do find it odd that a foreign agent would be part of an investigative team.
I would think she would be better off at CIA.
BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Great story! I could never figure out how Ziva could have done all she claimed to have done at such a young age. By September 2005 (when Season 3 began) she'd done the following:
2 years in the army - mandatory for all able-bodied female Israeli citizens (3 years for men).
College - probably 4 years just like here in the States.
Mossad Training - I think that takes months.
Lots of missions - Middle East, South America (with Monique), Europe missions including at least one with Jenny.
Kidon Training - several months.
Advancement to handler - and she did a pretty sucky job at it since she ended up volunteering for the mission to kill him - don't get me started on that whole mess.

Did I miss anything?

Show ticked me off that with a simple "OK" after Ziva lied through her teeth to get out of the hot water she found herself in when Gibbs confronted her with what he knew. And even worse, she didn't kill Ari, her assigned target until after he murdered Kate and then got herself assigned to Kate's position and she promptly thought she was senior to Tim and superior to Tony.

BuckeyeGirl.
PS: Would love more to this story even if goes A/U.
gibblette chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Loved this! It struck all the right chords and balances. This is exactly the types of scenes we needed to see on the show because every issue addressed is legitimate. I hated how glossed over these types of issues were in canon. Love how these two work through it and come out good and satisfied in the end. It's a double treat getting to see Tony assert himself in a justifiable way.
camcampgirl chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Cool one-shot. Glad someone else thought something was kinda hinky with Ziva.

Couple of typos - Rhodes Military Academy should be Rhode Island Military Academy, and just before the end when Gibbs is leaving, you have "throwing over his should," instead of "throwing over his shoulder." Other than that, very well written, and great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
I really like this! It tells a tale in such a nifty, roundabout way. Very nice!

Thank you!
JENTWCSINYFAN2 chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Nice very good , glad tony said what he needed to say. Nice handle on Gibbs as well.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Interesting start and not that au either, to me. Ziva made no sense, not just her age either. If she was so experienced how do we explain her little freak outs. She was way more scared in Undercovers and total freak out throughout Boxed In. And she certainly seemed to have an agenda
smush68 chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
I'm up for any story that suggests Ms. David should never have been invited to stay with the team! Can't wait to read more!

My only problem comes in your author's note - Tony is in his mid-40's (born same year as me) so in 2006 he would have been 38, which would make for a 14 year age difference between him and Ziva.
lindycat chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Nice. It seems we share some of the same suspicions re: Ms. David.
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Hope there is was good. Like maybe explaining what happened before all of this to get Tony so what Ziva was saying.