Reviews for Medal of Honor
marysix chapter 18 . 7/23
I love the tenderness of this story! I cried a little at a few parts. I'd put off reading this one because it seemed heavy, but I'm glad I read it. Should've known it would be okay eventually!
aruvqan chapter 2 . 1/24
Oh yes ... I *love* a man in uniform ... Rob still fits his uniforms 12 years after retiring ... until the day he retired he still did the 18-21 category for physical readiness and fit his boot camp issue uniforms. They used to think he was nuts, but instead of doing PRT in athletic gear, he did it in BDUs and boots. His point was that the enemy wouldn't let you stop and change to shorts and sneakers ) He also shot at home to maintain expert qual in handgun and rifle - his MOS was considered as a combattant in a pinch.

I get lucky, whenever we have a formal occasion, instead of needing to have a tux, he can wear his uniforms ) Retiring at 20 authorizes that. He is actually thinking of getting one of the Enlisted Dinner Dress Formal uniforms complete with miniature medals ) Last year we went to the Submariners Ball here in New London [home of the US Submarine Fleet] and all the guys in uniform were highly decorative ) Man candy time!
aruvqan chapter 1 . 1/24
Deployments were harder on us back in the day - Rob was in a number of war zones during his career from 83 to 03, he didn't get his awards for playing nice with the foreigners - in the North Sea they played hunt and seek with Soviet naval vessels, and in the Med they played with Libyan vessels, and in the Gulf of Arabia they hunted surface ships. I was actually with my ex the SEAL for Libya, there are 2 landing points named after me [well, actually one is named for me, and one for my D&D character ) ] Don was one of the team's cartographers and responsible for selecting and renaming landing areas. We got 2 24 word 'familygrams' per month of deployment and they had to be all good news, no negative news. Starting in about 2001 ships underway and deployed land units started getting limited access to email so there started to be a lot more ability for communication. Now they can skype and videochat, and can actually now carry their own smartphones.
GarbanzoBeans chapter 18 . 12/26/2015
I so wish you get the inspiration to finish. This is such a wonderful story. Thanks for writing.
Vulcan Rider chapter 8 . 9/19/2015
It sounds like she knows how to pull him out of his panic attacks.
Great chapter
Mag
Vulcan Rider chapter 7 . 9/19/2015
Sometimes two people with the same pain are actually able to help each other. This has been my experience. If for nothing else than to b*tch about what people should NOT say to anyone who has lost a child. They may not have both been at the site of the tragedy, but it definitely affected them both.

Loved the idea of Connie being a Psychologist.
Vulcan Rider chapter 6 . 9/19/2015
God, they went back into that collapsing, burning building to get their CO. and sustained serious burns themselves. How selfless was that?
It's always said, "No Man Left Behind" but the truth is that in certain situations, it isn't always possible to recover them. Thinking he was still alive was worth it to them, I guess. It sounds, though, like his neck was broken. That would have been my preferred way to go than to burn. Terrifying. Heartbreaking.
Vulcan Rider chapter 5 . 9/19/2015
Perfectly written. I don't know where you get the inspiration for your writing, but it is true and deep. Outstanding.
Vulcan Rider chapter 4 . 9/19/2015
This just hurts. I know her pain and I'm so glad she finally went to someone about it. After my daughter's suicide, I was in grief counseling for close to a year, off and on. It's even worse when you're the one to find them.

I can relate in a way to Carlos' pain, too. His nightmares.
So painful. Nothing but time can lessen the crushing pain, though. I still have bad days, I can't imagine seeing the things that Carlos and his team have had to see.
Vulcan Rider chapter 3 . 9/19/2015
So many of our veterans come home broken like this. It's a tragedy and a shame, for them and for the families of those lost. Heartbreaking.
Vulcan Rider chapter 2 . 9/19/2015
I remember reading a couple of chapters and then got in bad shape. Maybe that's why I didn't review.
Wow. Mrs. Morelli, huh? That threw me for a loop.
It'll be interesting to see where you take it.
Vulcan Rider chapter 1 . 9/19/2015
Absolutely heartbreaking.
You just described my year of losing my daughter. Grief is so painful and deep.
And for someone like Stephanie and Ranger... they took so long to finally get it right. I hope he's actually safe, healing somewhere. I know that reality sucks and this is the case more often than not, but I need a HEA for them.
Daffybduck chapter 18 . 5/29/2015
Love it! Had to finish this. Hoping for more soon! Wonderful!
ChristinaS chapter 13 . 4/3/2015
I love the lieutenant too. I really enjoy the way you have developed the relationship gradually. It's the difference between an engrossing story and just a means to the smut. It makes the nookie better too.
ChristinaS chapter 11 . 4/3/2015
Yes! Yes! Send the lieutenant my way. I have to re plumb my bathroom. Maybe he can hold my wrench for me.