Reviews for No More Tone of Surprise
I love that you ended on "All was well." That didn't go unnoticed :) I also love have you turned JKR's comments about Romione and counseling and stuff into a positive and realistic story. Good job!
librarylife28 chapter 1 . 4/4
Great story! It reminded me of why I love Ron and Hermione so much! I'm so glad you love them! I never understand the non-canonical ships, to be honest. Not that I'm against them, just don't understand why someone would prefer them over them over what was originally written. Ron and Hermione are perfect for each other, at least in my opinion. Thank you so much for sharing- wonderful story!
BeckNiece chapter 1 . 2/5
Great response. I agree with your story.
EchoSunSpell chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
'' AKA my giant middle finger to non-
Romione shippers.'' ;-) :-D I just love Ronmione 3
ur story was beautiful! loved it
OtterAndTerrier chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
I can't believe I hadn't read this one yet! I looove the RHr community so much. It was a wonderful story, I loved it.
melove167 chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
Great job! These guys are definitely not just a wish fulfillment.
regbride12 chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Just BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN...just so Romione...
Classic line was Hermione's repeating Ron "oi-wanna have another go" ;)
Ron " they would have been ugly lil gits" ROFL- agree with Ron ;)
Your Valensi chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
First, thank you so much for writing this.
It's JK Rowling's world and her characters, but I have to admit that I was really disappointed when I read that article. The buildup towards Ron and Hermione becoming a couple was gradual but pretty clear in my opinion. Everything you incorporated into their dialogue made so much sense to me. How Harry and Hermione would have been too boring together - I completely agree. They're so platonic and at times I thought that Hermione behaved more as a motherly/sisterly figure towards him.
I also like that you addressed the marriage counseling. There's always a stigma against forms of therapy such as that, but if they made it through it, more power to them!
Overall, I loved this story. This is just a suggestion, but maybe you should write something similar about Harry and Ginny. I've always thought one of the biggest injustices in the series was making Ginny so underdeveloped as a character. But a combination of my own opinions/some of the stories I've read/Ginny's personality in the books has made me perceive her as someone who is strong and spirited, but with her own insecurities. And I also believe that she's the only one who can give Harry the tough love he desperately needs.
Thank you so much for writing this once again. I really enjoyed it.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Loved it! Also, thanks for writing such a story when you did, when it was needed the most. Writers like you are why R/Hr is the best ship out there! No matter what other unintelligent people might say.
hprbdfan chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Haha great story, I truly believe that Ron and Hermione are meant to be and even Queen Rowling wouldn't be able to change my mind. Great chapter!
-Iliana
it was such a tragedy chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
I really don't know how I missed this one! I guess I should just type "controversy" in FFN's search and look for fics posted after Jan. 31st.

Definitely liked this one, Ron and Hermione are too strong to break apart. They have been through so much together, and their relationship was a long time coming. People could see it as early as the first book! If not the first, then the second or third. But it was definitely Hermione & Ron, not Hermione & Harry!
Gone chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
This is very fitting
whatapileofshit10 chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
I love this and couldn't agree more! Middle finger to all those who don't like Ron and the non-Romione shippers! :)
Great Story!
anonymous chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
Thank you for this!

I always loved Hermione and Ron together because they had a mutual sort of passion, loved to talk, and really cared about about each. And they *liked* arguing with each other, that doesn't make them unhealthy or abusive or a terrible long-term couple. Unless if you automatically label Ron as the mean bully and completely ignore that Hermione gave as good as she got, sometimes worse, so she can be paired off with a romanticized, often weird and OOC version of Harry or one of the other characters. She and Ron had fun with each other and always, always worked through their friendship and tentative romantic problems. And they were TEENAGERS. Who hasn't acted stupidly as a teenager and matured? I fail to see why they would crash and burn simply because Ron left, partly due to a piece of a Dark Magic. Let's just ignore that he went back, wanted to go back right away, didn't try to justify or excuse himself, and spent weeks trying to make things up to Hermione and offered up his life for hers without hesitation. And let's just ignore that Hermione wanted him, that he always made her just as emotional, happy, and jealous as she made him. Instead of a precursor to a miserable relationship, I saw theirs as a refining process, and by DH they were both so solid and had grown up so much, it's weird to imagine them as anything but a married couple.

Anyway, this was what I needed even after reading the full interview. Love all the little digs you threw in here and how honest, comfortable, and loving R/Hr are in this. The one good thing about the interview mess is the revival of this ship's community.
amelinasa chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
Yihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Romione forever! Your fiction is just perfect, amazing, a good way to answer all the crap I heard since this interview! My supposition is that JKR was under the imperius curse!

Thanks a lot for your fiction!