Reviews for For the Last Time in Forever
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
I liked this rather a lot. You leave us with some hope, and I appreciate that. I've read quite a few where one or both of them die, and ... well ... that's just wrong.

I found you in ptahaegyptus2's Favorite Authors list.
PascalDragon chapter 1 . 4/5/2015
I now have finally come around to read this story as well. You were right that here the first person perspective works very good. :)
Also I enjoyed the story itself. It's an interesting take on what-if and whether the trolls were aware that with saying the answer was love they could have stopped quite some tragedy...

Yours,
Sven
RTVfan chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
I saw a link to this story on Tv Tropes, and since I was such a big fan of Frozen(Like everyone else was, although I got to the party late), I was interested in how you could take the opposite path the movie did, choosing the dark ending over the happy one. I'm not necessarily a fan of grimdark material, but since The Snow Queen/Frozen deals with dark themes anyway, I gave this a shot.

And it was beautiful.

Such a well written, descriptive, melancholy, sad story that almost made me cry. I know exactly what scene you're talking about, and this fic captured its essence perfectly. You deserve way more reviews than only eighteen in ten months.

At first I suspected that the Grandfather was a descendant of Hans trying to set things right again, or perhaps a descendant of Kristoff, but when you mentioned trolls halfway through, I knew it had to be one of them.

The only think I'm wondering is: What happened to Marshmellow?
Aerion Snowpaw chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
First off, I love the story.
Heck, the story is more 'Norwegian' this way - half the norwegian tales end with the usual 'hero marries princess, everything's fine forever' kinda thing, but the other half has stuff like 'And if the hunters have not died yet, then they still sit there waiting for the fox' - I can't quite translate it, but close enough.
It's a type of ending I don't see in any other country's tales, unlike the first kind, so it feels more nordic than the same kinda fairy-tale ending every country has.

Secondly... It took quite a while for me to realize you weren't also parodying the Princess Bride story-mechanic of the grandfather and grandson.
The way the first bit was written with the interruptions and such made me not realize they were IN the story.

'Berg' would work as a Norwegian word for Mountain too, actually - wasn't aware Iceberg was taken from Dutch.
I mean, no one says 'Berg' anymore, but that just makes it archaic, not a different language.
'Berg' is even used in some of our national songs.
Emperor Andross chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
A very haunting and gripping story, which cleverly weaves the Disney tale with some elements of the original story and adds some of it's own inspiration to create something new and dazing. I only wish you would now write the end that we all want, of the time when Elsa finally remembers how to love again and her and Anna are restored to the world.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
*sobs* That was incredible. Cheers!
Transformers 0 chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Could you make a sequel perhaps - when Anna is finally freed from her frozen slumber? Please! You can't leave it like this! It's heartbreaking!
Calliecature chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
that was... so sad! I feel like shaking you for recommending it. Poor Elsa. The following would just be suggestions.

When the grandpa was telling the story, i think it would be better that you mix a little action in it to break the monotony of too long a speech. Like "Then they discovered something else," he continued (insert reactive facial features showing his emotions and how was he using his body while he was talking? was he shifting around? was he busying himself? was he standing stock still and solemn?). since this is told in the view of the grandson, what reactions does he saw in his grandpa as he told the story?

The plot twist was great though. I always though it was the old troll's fault for taking away Elsa's power to conquer her powers.

Hang in there, Anna :)

P.S.: You're right about Olaf. He's not my fave but he does mean a lot between the two sisters :)
Hathor-Aroha chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Your enthralling, wonderfully written tale had me hooked from the first word to the final (including your interesting Author's Notes!). I could tell that a lot of research and knowledge went into this, which I appreciate a lot, as it shows you had real passion in telling this story. It's undoubtedly one of the best I've seen on this site. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful, sad tale with us, a very unique what-if vision on the end of "Frozen".
martianfairy chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
This was extremely impressive to say the least. You've managed to capture such great emotion through this story. I could tell you put a lot of effort into this fanfiction, and that is something I wish could be said for more of the fanfiction writers out there. I do wish that the story had a more satisfying ending, not necessarily a happy one but one with more closure. Still, this is a work of art.
ThatGuyWhoReadsFanfiction chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
This... this is a masterpiece. This is the story that all other stories aspire to be. Words cannot describe the absolute wonder & sorrow I felt upon reading this. Even now, I write this through my tears. It's one thing to write a bad ending, but it is another thing entirely to write out a world in the future of the bad end. To see an outsider's perspective, centuries after the events happened, centuries after most, if not all, have forgotten the tragedy. The world needs more works of this level of quality.
Alexawynters chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
I don't often read stories that I know aren't fluff. However I decided to give this one a chance, and though it has hurt me deeply, it was well worth it because it's so well done. I'm hoping you'll post another chapter and heal my broken heart?
It's Almost A Secret chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
I'm really glad you messaged me about this because otherwise I might have missed it. I haven't been on as much recently and this one must have slipped past my radar.

Anyway, very excited for your first foray into writing for Frozen. I really enjoyed this. I think you did a great job of cultivating the atmosphere of the story. There's a very strong air of mystery and this sort of old myth feel. I'm doing a bad job of describing it, but what I'm basically trying to say is that I think the tone fit the writing very well and I enjoyed it.

I don't know why but I particularly liked the bit you put into Elsa's backstory about her nurse freezing when the fire went out, but Elsa remaining unscathed. That's a really interesting way for the king and queen to realize there was something off about their daughter.

I also like the suggestion that Elsa was too far gone at this point in the end of the movie to save Anna. There's definitely some strong tragedy in this. It's actual literary tragedy too, where Elsa's flaw has become her own downfall. That's always the type I find harder to read, and I think you've pulled it off really well here.

If I have one comment, it's that I kind of would have liked to see the narrator and his grandfather fleshed out a bit more. I know you said you wrote the ending first, but I do think you chose an interesting way to get us there and I would have liked to know a bit more about them. I assume they're Kristoff's descendants from the description you gave about why they make the journey (unless they're trolls? It actually just occurred to me that I don't know if they're human or trolls. I definitely read the whole thing assuming they were human). I know they're not really the focus, but I guess I'm interested in how they came to know such intimate details about Anna and Elsa, like Olaf. That might just be a personal preference though, since I know they're not really the point. I just feel like I spent the whole story with them but don't really know anything about them.

Either way, this was beautifully done. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your writings for Frozen in the future.
sakume chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
It may be different than usual fanfics I read, but I liked it. At first I expected the grandfather to be Kristoff but it was pretty clear he wasnt as we went on. I was hoping for a happier ending (dont get me wrong I like sadness way more than most writers) but it left me feeling incomplete at the end. I will say I really liked the whole Anna remaining a frozen statue guarded by Elsa who is more embodiment than person. The story left me with more of a feeling I was really learning something/less fantastical and more seriously regarded. Good job, try another one shot sometime!
Mengsk chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
As you say in your comments, arriving at the plot may be a little forced. The end result is well worth it. This is an incredible tragedy piece you have written. Heartbreaking.