Reviews for We Played At Love

all the best.
sincerly
claire1663
znk99fg7 chapter 1 . 4/17
Oh Mahal this was wonderful! Please, please, I BEG YOU, write a sequel! PLEASE!
LadyBardock chapter 1 . 1/27
I love Au stories - really nice ideas, great plot, I really enjoyed it!
KeikoHPfan chapter 1 . 1/15
I absolutely loved it! Thank you for sharing!
foxface333ChocolateLabrador chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Oh wow, I usually don't leave reviews (I read too many fics to do that) but this was heartwarming! The detail, the fluffiness ... *sigh*
Wing of Darkness chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Lovely….just pure loveliness and romance. :)
Fidelis Scriptor chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
How can I put this in simple words: ABSOLUTELY ADORE! I speak two languages and I can't explain in either language how much this story touched me! I cried, I laughed, and i wanted to do both! Every single detail is well written and you did such an amazing job with this AU. When I first read it I had been hoping for a sequel, but then I realized you ended it in just the perfect spot. Perfect and spot on!
konnichiwa242 chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
I loved this and felt you deserved more reviews
DancingChestnut chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
This was amazing. I read it during my school lessons and I couldn't stop. (If I end up with lousy grades, that's your fault.)

It was just - just so cute and angsty and so many feels and just AMAZING. I swear. I was hooked on it from the moment I started reading. It was wonderful.

I loved the part where Thorin kissed Bilbo while he was drinking hot chocolate - I told my friend about it when she asked why I was spazzing, and ten seconds later, we were spazzing together. Literally slapping our hands together in excitement and crying out "Thilbo!" in joy borne of cuteness overload.

And the angst. God, the angst. Every time you make me happy, you kill me again. THORIN OBVIOUSLY LOVES YOU, BILBO. BILBO OBVIOUSLY LOVES YOU, THORIN. JUST KISS AND MARRY AND HAVE DWOBBITS AND SHUT UP. Seriously, when Bilbo was leaving I was just like "No no no" but of course you saved it again because THILBO is too sad canon-wise.

(Friendly reminder that Bilbo cried his heart out when Thorin died. Reminder that yes, Thorin died. MY FEELS. GOSH.)

'So you see... I didn't lie.' - Thorin.

Now just let me reread this entire thing and squee at the same parts and cry at the same parts and cry because Thilbo and TABA and just no and god why are you so awesome
Opal Tynker chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
Seriously one of the best AU stories I have ever read. Fantastic job with all the characters. I would kill to know some of Thorin's thoughts during this story especially when they were having hot chocolate :) Awesome job!
half-breedMiralian chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
This story was amazing to read through. I loved the incorporation of the main characters, and how you adapted it to the modern world. Their characterization was spot on. The way you took your time with the relationship between Bilbo and Thorin was completely believable because it wasn't done in a snap, despite the immediate physical attraction. Nice work!
DragonFireCheetah chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Ok, so I read this last night when I was supposed to go to bed early. Like that happened. I could not stop reading. It was so good. Its so rare that I find a modern universe fic that actually works out so well. It was awesome. I love how long it was, over 43,000 words. hehe. Keep up the awesomeness!
JtheChosen1 chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
What an incredible story here! Loved it
Haruka's Knight chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
I enjoyed this story throughly. I was surprised you found a way to work Smaug into a modern story, but I think it went well. The only thing I can really say, is I laughed a bit when I realized the newspaper was in a foriegn langue but the menus and text messages were english. Honestly though I was so sucked into the story itself I almost missed that. Great work, and great use of Lake town and Dale as well.
b-blueberry chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Amazing to read! (And long. I love long stories!)
After reading this I have this urge to watch The Proposal again.