Reviews for Everlast
TheGryfter chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
My absolute favourite fanfic of all time. I already said that in your reviews under the name TylerRing 5 years ago. I've read it 50 times, at least since then. I know it better than the fics I've written.

I just felt obligated to say it again.
WaffleNinja chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
God this story is so FUCKING amazing! It's short, yet infinitely complex. I don't usually use profanity in my reviews, but damn if I don't feel so strongly about this one; my heart ached while reading it... again.

I've read most of your stories multiple times (since you're one of my favorite authors), but I don't review enough to let you know how much I love them. Please write more!
ph6fingeredman chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
Too awesome. Thank you so much for this wonderful fic. I really enjoyed reading this. You did a great job with the fantastic sci-fi plotline, and the relationship between Clark and Lex.
namjai chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
Someone on a forum recommended your writing, and this was the first one I tried out. Well-done (formatting weirdness aside), and so very, very sad. Clark's mementos and the fact that Lex could not remember Lillian's name were especially heartwrenching. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Scifiction786 chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
Wow! That was an awesome story! It was perfectly bitter-sweet. Beautiful writing and very imaginitive. You're a really great writer - I look forward to reading more from you.
TylerRing chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
This is, without a doubt, my favourite Smallville fanfic. No doubt.

I printed it out like a year ago from your homepage, and I must have read it like twenty times.

I don't quite know what it is - the tragedy of Lex's life, and loss - Clark's mortality, or his brutality in making Lex remember himself - but there's something about it that just kills me everytime.

I'm not gonna bother *reviewing* this, or any other piece you've written. You know how brilliant you are, and you don't need me to tell you. Suffice it to say I've read everything you've posted more than once. I'm a die hard fan.

But I am going to ask a favour, and you can absolutely refuse. But I need some help finishing my own Smallville story. Its in 3 parts. The first is posted here, the second will go up later this week, but I can't finish the third.

I don't know anyone who understands the inner voices of the Smallville characters better than you, so I'm here, on bended-cyber-knee, asking for help...

B
Dtoole chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
Great story! Very emotional, and I can actually see these two characters in this scene!
selectclientele chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
Oh, wow. This was so beautifully heartbreaking. Just wonderful.
museaway chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
My god, I haven't cried that much at a piece of fanfiction in two years. Congratulations. Extremely powerful writing. How tragic not to be able to recall such a friendship. This was gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing it.
renni chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
Just going to keep it simple...loved it!
Kal-El chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
paperbk,

Once, again, you're writing is amazing. There are a few typoes, but those can be remedied. You capture the emotion of the character interaction in your stories so well. The way you paint the dynamics of their relationships is phenomenal. Ok, ok...there I go again, praising you like a crazed fan. However, as a fellow writer, I want to let you know that I can't wait to see some of your actual work on a shelf where I can buy it and read it. Because, if you manage to portray your own characers the way you do the characters in your smallville fanfics, then this world will be truly blessed by what you have to offer.

Kal-el
deanine chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Gut wrenching.

I actually have a constructive comment on this one:

It isn't terribly clear about the cloning/new body thing at first when Lex and Clark are talking. I kept reading until I figured it out, but if I hadn't previously decided to read all your fics (lol), I might have given up and tried other fare.
A.j chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
There is no easy way to read this story. Now, I'm not a major Smallville fan (although I've been reading quite a bit of the fiction lately), and that's mostly having to do with the fact that I'm a huge comics geek and can't quite get passed the dramatic changes in canon. I have issues, I know, but anyway. I can't say I enjoyed this story. You can't *enjoy* a story like this. Stories like these crawl under your skin and just *rub* until you've got gooseflesh and your eyes prickle and you're not entirely sure why your nose is runny. It's a sad story about two people who've lost too much.

In that way, it's about one man who's lost everything but an enemy... and is losing that too. I guess, before Smallville started, Lex Luthor - as a character - didn't garner much sympathy from the audience. He was the charasmatic man who the readers knew to hate. I think Smallville's given his character something the previous Superman incarnations haven't. It's given him humanity and pathos. In its own way, this story exemplifies this sympathy. Lex Luthor, in the comics, is a bad man. "Everlast" reminds the audience of that, but it revels in reminding us, and Lex, that it's not all he is. Or was.

Thank you very much for sharing this. It's not your usual fair of amazing storytelling, or light fluff, but it was more than worth the read.