Reviews for A Hallmark Holiday
I Love Kittens too chapter 3 . 4/13/2014
Raph is right. April doesn't deserve Donnie's tears. She chose an idiot like Casey. It's her problem. It's time for Donnie to move on.

I hope they find Raph.
I Love Kittens too chapter 2 . 4/13/2014
Poor Donnie! What really happened between him and April? Donnie was weeping like a child because of her. Love the scene when Mikey is talking to him.
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Poor Donnie! Some happened between him and Raph. Is April the cause of Raph's aggression towards Donnie? Because Mikey remained them about Valentine's Day
BubblyShell22 chapter 5 . 4/13/2014
Wow. That was a very heartfelt and awesome ending to this story. I'm glad Raph and Don have patched things up and that it was Raph who was the one to fix things up with April and get Don and her to meet. I also like how candid Raph was about why he was drinking and how he felt badly about the fact that he would never experience what his brother has and how horrible he felt when April stood Don up. That was just beautiful to see. I'm glad Raph's taking the time to fix his problems and get out of the addiction, too. Nicely done on this, Novus. You truly are an awesome writer, and I can't wait to see what story you cook up next.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
NinjaWolf10 chapter 5 . 4/13/2014
Great story, I'm glad Raph finally started to sort his problem out!
Dominosowner chapter 5 . 4/12/2014
Ahh, so the truth comes out. I had a feeling Raph's issues had something to do with love/humans (going along with the Valentine's Day theme and all). I loved your chapter, and I think you wrapped up the story quite nicely. You really captured the turtle's personalities, especially Raph's. I think you should do a follow up story to this one. Where Raphael finds the special someone he's been hoping for, perhaps? Raph is different from his brothers, and he would need a different type of girl to balance him out. That line in chapter 3 made me sad about them never finding love. The turtles all have such good qualities, and are all so strikingly different, that it would be interesting to see what type of girl they would end up with. Raph, for example, would need someone to calm him down when his temper gets the better of him, and Leo, on the other hand, would need someone to loosen him up a little. But anyway, enough of my blabbering. I enjoyed it. Great job. :)
Juanita27 chapter 4 . 3/21/2014
Oh wow- I did not see that coming! I figured raph was meeting April for dinner, or there to help her set it up as a surprise for Casey- I'm an so glad you took the scene where you did. And glad donnie didn't just roll over like a love struck puppy- very glad he told April a piece if his mind and played hard to get. I hope there is a chapter 5... The story could end there, but it would be nice to see raph and donnie make up, and the boys to help raph with his alcohol problem, and to see don and April's relationship progress. Also, I am in love with your style of writing- it is beautiful.
Jay Jones chapter 4 . 3/19/2014
"...lately, right and wrong seem to be cut from the same fabric" - nice! I enjoyed how you explored April and Donnie's own confusions and delusions, including April trying to forget her mistakes by making a project out of Casey. That's a nice unexpected take, a twist that strikes me as completely typical and believable denial-type behaviour.

Also, the dialogue about Donnie being no more of a freak than April particularly stuck out for me because, whether you meant to allude to it or not, April might well be quite the freak (in all the best ways of course!); which speaks to the fact that just because one is human does not mean that one fits in with the mainstream, or is sociable with a lot of other humans. It's an interesting, fundamental theme made even richer for the fact that a pretty, intelligent young woman is its conduit.

Oh, and thanks sooo much for the shout-out to my story! I suspect that the reason my views/ visitors spiked today is entirely to do with your very kind note. Take care!
LooksOnTempests chapter 4 . 3/19/2014
Great job on this! Another awesome chapter! So glad to see April finally lay it on the table and try to start to make things right between them. Donnie has been left hurting for way too long. And as for Raph...well I have a theory but I won't say in case I'm right. I wouldn't want to ruin it for other readers. I am eagerly awaiting your next chapter. Keep up the incredible work!
BubblyShell22 chapter 4 . 3/19/2014
Wow. What a chapter! I'm glad April finally told Donnie why she stood him up, and while I don't approve of the fact that she did it, I can understand why she did. It's not that she was repulsed by Don and who he was but more about how confused she was about her feelings and whether she really did feel that way about him or if it was just a passing crush. At least they made up and can both move on together. Yes, it'll take some time for the trust to happen, but the two of them will be able to do it eventually. Nicely done on this, Novus. If this is the last chapter, then that's awesome. If not, then I'll be eagerly awaiting an update.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
SleepingSeeker chapter 4 . 3/19/2014
Oh, his anger, his hurt, his reluctance - all of it was so well rendered and real. He didn't want to be rude, he was doing his best not to lose composure and every time he slipped, you showed us how he tried to rein it back in, still, without maybe even realizing it, protecting her. Her feelings when his have just been crushed to powder.

I wanted to strangle her and yell at her to just spit it out! But I know that under the circumstances, she had to tread carefully as well as all her own fears making it hard to just tell him straight away what was going on. I loved the dialogue throughout. I found it very realistic and true to both characters. Her explanation of getting immersed into Casey and making him a 'project' is also very real and too many women make the mistake of trying to 'fix' men instead of accepting them. A dire mistake indeed. If he is not what they want, they should move on and find someone who is, not make another human being their 'pet project' because, guess what? Even with his flaws there'd be someone out there who would love him as he is, meanwhile he's stuck with someone who doesn't love him for what and who he is, but who they want him to be. Very unfair, if you ask me. Reminds me of the old movie, Of Human Bondage. You can't love someone for what they might become, no matter how beautiful the image in your mind is.

I want to add that I really liked the little details, like the way you described the fire in those fire bowls. Instead of candles, you went with something a bit more interesting and it's details like that which make your story pop.

Now what the heck is going on with My Raphie boy?! Now I'm really curious to see why he's been hurting so much! Eee! Don't keave me hanging too long! :D
The Nerdfighter chapter 4 . 3/18/2014
I just came back from class and was going to head to bed, but when I saw you updated to this story, I just had to make myself comfortable and read. lol

First off, I'm really happy April isn't in fact seeing Raph on the side. I'm sure you did this intentionally, but throughout the first half of the fic, you gave us, the readers, the mindset that April was going to break the news to Donnie that she was seeing his brother. While it would've brought intense amounts of drama to the story, I'm glad you didn't go through with that approach because I get the sense that you want us, the readers, to grow an attachment with April, despite what she did to Donatello. Plus, this is an Apriltello fic, so, hey, we GOTTA like April, right? lol

One thing I'd like to point out is the metaphorical symbolism you added to this chapter. I'm leaving a review using my phone, so I can't go back to the specific quote, but when Donnie pretty much bashed Casey, April's ex-boyfriend, a rush of chilled wind grazed against her frame and made her cringe. The wind is symbolizing Donnie's harsh, biting, almost cold-hearted words and April gets the reprecussion of it. I thought that was pretty neat and not something one finds in fan fiction very awesome. Nicely done, Novus. :D It's little things like that that show readers you have a firm grasp of how to construct imagery through use of symbolism and aren't afraid to sprinkle it over things like fan fiction. Man, start coming up with original ideas, dude 'cuz I'm confident you'll nail published works and do well in the industry. :)

I look forward to reading more as always and THANK YOU SO MUCH for mentioning "Sugar, Spice, and a Splash of Mutagen" in your author's note! :D You're such a sweetheart! *hugs*

Stay awesome, dude and happy writing! ;D

- The Nerdfighter
Terraform chapter 4 . 3/18/2014
This is just an exceptional piece of writing - from the anguish of Don thinking that Raph had cuckolded him...to her heart-felt confession...to the sunrise winking over the horizon. You had me. I was there, on the rooftop, witnessing this unfolding, feeling everything course through me as if firsthand. That April had set him up, so to speak, to finally get him to listen to her... I think this shows a beautiful and committed step forward on her behalf. Don is understandably incensed at the decoy, still hurting from the implosion on Valentine's day, but he finally has a chance to clear the air - as they both do. And even in the night amidst candlelight- for them, sunlight is the best disinfectant. To have it open the path between them, to put aside their fears, to have their heart's desires fulfilled...it is beautiful and masterful in it's execution.

Everything is just so wonderful in this chapter, have no doubt at all: each word that falls from them, each movement, the flow, the imagery... you killed it. And the finale of this chapter - GAH! You kill *me*. To have so much emotion with just the words: "I've got time." Always.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't thank you for the mention in your A/N! :)
The Dread One chapter 4 . 3/18/2014
I really liked how this chapter ended. I'm glad things started turning toward a less sad direction. Looking forward to more.
Dominosowner chapter 4 . 3/18/2014
WOAH. Did NOT see that one coming! I almost flipped my shit when I thought that Raph and April were seeing one another. I was like "NO." But then it was like "Oh. Ok." I'm really anxious to find out what's wrong with Raph. Because I honestly have no clue what is making him act the way he does (Besides him just being Raph, that is). So yeah, I'm waiting on baited breath to find out what's bugging him so hard that he feels the need to drink himself comatose every night.
55 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »