Reviews for A Hallmark Holiday
NinjaWolf10 chapter 2 . 2/14/2014
Good chapter, can't wait to find out more about what happened with April
SleepingSeeker chapter 2 . 2/14/2014
Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

"Jussa second" - 'tramps to the door' - 'spending the rest of my day trying to get the taste of my foot out of my mouth' - OH I love these little writing twists, very nice! Very vivid! And the entire chapter about truth and how we mess everything up by trying to sugarcoat, or deny, or avoid - or when we finally face it - how we react - oh yes, very very true!

Mikey's intuition and natural empathy are well used in this chapter and well written. Donatello's wounds run deep and he's had a long time to try and recover, unfortunately, sometimes the passage of time doesn't heal but rather allows such wounds to fester . . .

Can't wait to find out what is hurting Raph so much. I LOVED when you had him call her a 'Peach', god, I could just hear him say that in his voice - Great job on this, Novus!
NinjaWolf10 chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Great story I'm excited for the next chapter
SK12Monster chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Love It! I want to read more! :D ;)
SubtleBubbles chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
YES. I can't stress how much I love this already, there's so much to be resolved and you've laid it all out very nicely. You've got their personalities/attitudes down pat and I found myself cringing at Raph and the awkward scene at the table. And poor Donnie's exhausted :( I swear I yawned several times when you were describing it.
My only question- which I suspect might be revealed later on, is where is Master Splinter?
Anyways this is definitely going on my follow list, I'm excited to see how this goes!
Happy writing:)
The Nerdfighter chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Woah. Let me take a few minutes to compose myself here, dude. *deep breath* Okay, I think I'm good. lol

I've mentioned before over on Stealthy Stories that Leo and Raph are tied for the position of being my favorite turtle and just reading this - the FIRST chapter - made me want to punch Raph in the face. You did a really good job making him come across as a drunken asshole and I applaud you for that because usually when I read stories where Raph is supposed to be portrayed as an ass, I still can't help but love the little bloke. The wording you chose for him to use against Donnie, that's probably what did it, because even when author's give their stories a mature rating, they still hold back on the cursing, which bothers me a bit because if you're trying to make the characters rip each other apart using verbal profanities than go ahead and do it! You didn't hold your punches, Novus and it really knocked the wind out of me. Great job on that!

Can't wait to see what you have in store for further chapters! I'll be expecting an update close to Valentine's Day since this IS a Valentine's Day story. lol Nah, I'm kidding, but here's hoping you post soon! Keep up the good work and DFTBA (Don't Forget To Be Awesome). ;)
Terraform chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
YES! A wonderfully WONDERFULLY written set-up...what a mess this holiday has become for them, with Raph's drinking, Mikey's frayed nerves, Leo's frustrations and Don's troubled mind...things truly feel the have run unchecked without deflection or change in motion...INERTIA! You write the characters so incredibly well... I could feel Raph suck the energy out of the room as well as Mikey's crushed spirit and Don's quiet & impotent anger at both himself and Raph. A pain-filled , troubling and brilliant beginning, I expect nothing less! MORE, por favor!
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Awesome start to this, Novus. I'm glad to see you're doing a multichapter story, and it's turning out well. I definitely can't wait to see what Don's deal is. My guess is that it either has to do with April dying or getting rejected by her for Casey. Nicely done on this. I'll be eagerly awaiting an update.

The Bubbly One,
Berylium chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Intriguing beginning, heartbreaking description of a severe illness, in a well-written package. I'll be following this one!
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Ooo I like it, Novus! My guess is that something really bad happened to April or something horrible happened between Don and April on Valentine's Day.

And Raph ...hmmmm It seems he is dealing with some inner turmoil by diving into alcohol and escape with it wrong of me to really like 'strung-out' Raph? But seriously, I think there's more going on here than just Raph being an ass.

Gentle Leo is always disarming because you just know that the steel of his will lies beneath the soft exterior. And he'll only tolerate so much...which makes me wonder where is Splinter and what does he think of Raph's self destructive behavior...
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4