Reviews for This isn't a fairytale
Kassiopeia chapter 1 . 9/5
Am I the only one who doesn't know anymore who Justin in his season five incarnation is / what he wants? I mean he slept with Connor in 414 and he looked perfectly happy to have the freedom to fuck a hot guy for me, it is silly to say that he fucked Connor because of Brian (to impress him or whatever). Brian wasn't even there and if Justin fucked with Connor without wanting to I don't have any compassion for him. He also fucked around while working at the movie, when he came back and moved in with Brian, they had a foursome and he got a blow job in the VIP room while Brian kissed him. And then Brian has ONE syphilis and suddenly he is Mr. Proper? And so many viewers are jumping immediately on "Justin's" (the quotation marks are there for a reason) side in regard to monogamy which is annoying. An open relationship is a completely valid relationship model which exists in real life too. I would have understood if Justin would have wanted that monogamy CAN be a possibility for them at one point in their lives, that Brian is open for a possible change. But that is not what I see in season five.

And in regard to a wedding / rings / vows Justin clearly said in 414 "Brian detest marriage" so he knew how Brian stands to marriage and in 502 when he came back from Hollywood he told Brian "But there is still one thing that Pittsburgh has that Hollywood doesn't" and moved in with him fully knowing Brian's stance to marriage, that Brian will NEVER ask him to marry him. And then suddenly he is pushing for marriage? No matter from which angle you look at it that is shitty especially after Justin yelled "I thought we had a commitment and I plan to stand by it" during the chicken soup scene. And Brian's stance to marriage is no obstacle for a committed relationship. A committed relationship is possible without walking down an aisle. A couple can be together for decades and be committed as hell without ever walking down the aisle.

What I have written doesn't mean that Brian is flawless in general or especially in season five because he isn't. There is something Brian and Justin should have talked about in season five and that was Brian's midlife crisis. Justin should have called Brian more out on his behaviour but at the same should have shown a little bit compassion for Brian's struggle. If that would have happened maybe my heart wouldn't always break when thinking about 507 and we would be spared the wedding / buying a mansion arc which is not helping me to see a positive future for them at least not together.
MadameMorganLeFay chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
That was excellent writing. I was pleased that you pointed out how Justin was actually the problem- not Brian, who was honest. Justin didn't realize that Brian was actually being more committed than he was. Love that ending and their reconciliation, prompting Justin to accept that Brian is worth it after all. This was a brilliant story, so very well done.
nickynad13 chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
Damn, maybe if Bri had swallowed his pride or whatever and let himself say it all those years ago, even early in season 5,we would have gotten the chance to finally see their wedding, which I know will or already has happened since the last time we saw them, I just wish we'd been a part of it!
LittleMissMarie chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
damn, Brian makes a solid argument against monogamy! lol great stuff :)
felixoscarterry chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Awww, Brian's 'I love you's' melt my heart. Thanks for this!
aspiringarchaeologist chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
That was so incredibly beautiful, great job
TJR chapter 1 . 2/8/2014