Reviews for Echoes
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
I liked it. I was well written.
bcastletime chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
great story, haven't seen firefly but like the story.
StevieLee chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
A nice, uncomplicated glimpse into Mal's little world. I enjoyed the little details, like the cold deck floors, and "the faint chill that hovered around the window." Nice touches.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
This fic doesn't tell a story so much as paint a picture. This portrait of a restless man absorbing calm from his sleeping ship just sort of sinks into you. Very good.
The General G of K chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Okay, so I'm not gonna lie. I kind of loved this piece. And I love the idea of Mal being unable to sleep through the night; it's just so like his character, and I would imagine that his war memories haunt him constantly. The perfect point, however, had to be when he slowed down outside of Inara's shuttle. All of that longing ignored with Mal's canon logic. So good!

I've just jumped on the Firefly bandwagon, and wanted so badly to find some decent fanfiction. My search was somewhat ineffective until I found this gem. I love Mal's character, and I think this is a superbly written mirror into more backstory of the character.

The General
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
Although short, with not much happening, I really enjoyed this. Great job. :)

~Red Bess Rackham
Maj-Mayhem chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
Very nice, indeed. You have captured the essence of the show very well; the moments. The moments of interaction between characters, and in this case, the interaction between a character and himself, are to my mind the great strength of the series. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Maj-Mayhem
Alison M. DOBELL chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
Loved this. A beautifully written and accurate snapshot of our beloved Cappy. Really nice piece of introspection that fit him like a glove. Thanks for your insigshtful piece, Ali D :~)

You can't take the sky from me
DarkEmerald chapter 1 . 11/10/2002
Good vignette, VR. I'm so happy to find such good writing in service of Firefly fanfic! I love this image of the cap'n wandering around his ship at night, and I'm especially impressed with how you delineated his complex relationship with leadership in just a few words. Please give us more FF fanfic!
drewbug chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
smooth, sweet, and calming -just like this new captain. you managed to wonderfully capture the tastes and sounds of each of these characters in just a few words. and i heard every one of those words in mal's voice. thank you for setting an early example worthy of being followed.
Chrissymb chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Wow! Very moving. I liked it...write more! Quickly please!
Susan chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
oooo, interesting story! Is there more to it? I hope you continue this plot line. Great post!
Rainne chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
That was good. A little angsty, not too angsty, hopeful almost. He's right, about the blind obedience thing. I should say YOU'RE right, shouldn't I... I like your description of space, n I noticed that u talked briefly about the cold around the window, not many woulda done that. All in all, a very well done one-shot fic (I assume). Keep writing, you've got talent.
Rashaka too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Ahh... a nice, thoughtful piece. There's understandably little fic out there now for the show, but I suspect that'll change as we get more episodes, and find out more about the characters.

Still, its nice to the beginnings of a good Firefly writer.
MoonWolf chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Verra nice, well written...Really captures emotions well.