Reviews for The Case of the Cat Show Corruption
siriusbarks chapter 1 . 11/10
omg i am a fan of grumpy cat so i searched for "grumpy cat" stories and this is what i found! this looks like an excellent story and i'm glad im not the only one who adds grumpy cat to my stories :)
hwyla chapter 5 . 4/15/2014
I've read your other 'Miss McGonnagal' mysteries before and enjoyed them, but had unfortunately lost my bookmark to your page. Thankfully, I followed a link from someone else's 'favorites' for your lovely story about Horace and Irma. I'm afraid I get so wrapped up in the fics that I forget to review as often as I should.

Let me just say I love your stories - especially the 'Miss McGonnagal' ones - but I just HAVE to comment on your 'perfect title' in regards to Red Herrings and CAT shows. I spit my drink out laughing!

And poor Minerva - having to admit to Sev that the culprit was again Mungdungus!
BTW, LOVE! Lucius here getting along with 'Argus'. And as Minerva's 'sidekick'!
felidaegirl962 chapter 5 . 3/8/2014
Thank you for writing this, I truly enjoyed reading it and I thought it was really original. I hope there will be another similar type of fanfic coming soon.
Eleanor x
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 5 . 2/20/2014
I love Lucius's interpretation of the term "side kick."

Wikipedia says:
The origin of the term is unknown. It was originally "side kicker" (as seen in the stories of O Henry), having grown from the 1850s term "side partner."

and the dictionaries I have consulted have not had any additional information except to cite a 1903 O Henry story.
- - - -
Thank you for sharing this gem.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 3 . 2/20/2014
Minerva's remarks about Mrs. Longbottom, Snape, and others are a delight. You have such a witty way with words.

Your story about Abraxes is hysterical, and Mrs. Creevey is a sweet and touching addition. All the backstory and details you add fit in delightfully.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 2 . 2/20/2014
How convenient for Minerva, to have much of the Wizarding world accustomed to answering her questions without thinking. Maybe retired teachers should take up detective work in their old school districts.

Goodness! You made Mrs Cavendish so real in a few paragraphs. Hateful, but real.

Love Snape's comment about Mundungus!
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
Going back to review each chapter, since you deserve many more reviews! Charming tale!

If anyone is reading these reviews to decide whether or not to read this tale, I recommend you read it right away. This is sweet and funny. Detective work with sly humor and no horrors. And what is not to love when you have a story with both Minerva McGonagall AND Mrs. Norris?
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 4 . 2/20/2014
Loving this. Thank you!
Swallow B chapter 5 . 2/18/2014
That was fun. An added bonus is that Minerva McGonagall's detective stories don't have mysterious corpses and blood curdling murders, like Miss Marple's. The magical world has had its share of horrors, a bit of tongue-in-cheek cheerfulness is welcome.

Lucius Malfoy has become so mellow... Reconciliaton payments, eh? I had never heard that idea in fan fiction, but if someone can pay, Lucius certainly can.
Thisissocliche chapter 5 . 2/17/2014
I do so love these. Each chapter is a lovely interlude from real life, and they make such a delightful addition to my wait at my Tuesday Morning bus stop. (I'm certain it would be Monday morning, however, time differences being what they are...) And if on the odd occasion I receive strange looks for the giggles I let slip, well, I feel I should not be judged for taking delight in delightful things.
As always, an exceedingly well-written piece.
kmc356 chapter 4 . 2/16/2014
These Spinster Dective stories are so delightful! Quite different from the other MM stories I read on the regular and I really enjoy them. You have such a unique idea and voice with this concept.
JustACrazyLady chapter 4 . 2/15/2014
Can I just say that I LOVE this story? It is amazing and PLEASE keep writing it because I will follow it to the ends of the earth. Everybody is perfectly in character and McGonagall is marvelous. You bring out the non strict, kind of motherly side of her. And the cat thing! Love it all! Keep writing, please!
Swallow B chapter 3 . 2/15/2014
Just as enjoyable as the others in series. Minerva as a magical Miss Marple is a great idea. I enjoy her voice and her humour. This really suits your style of writing. Of course, looking forward to find out whodunnit and why...
Headmistress X chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
Esteemed TRS,

In my home, we gather round in the evenings and take turns reading your stories aloud. Your Spinster Detective series is a great favorite of the cat. He believes Mundungus is the culprit. He always believes Mundungus is the culprit. The terrible Kneazle-napping incident scarred him for life.

Will there be a book shop in this story? I love it when there are book shops in the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
I do like this little range of stories you've got going. This idea of Minerva acting like miss Marple is funny as! Keep it up. Its sp nice to read lighthearted Harry Potter stories that aren't pairing stories for a change :)