Reviews for Stargate Aschen (Abridged Version)
Veronique chapter 8 . 3/25
Hi, Hope you're ok in these difficult times. Just for info, it's actually way easier to start a fire rubbing wood than rubbing stones. I saw the guide at a museum on prehistory sart a fire in less than 3 minutes. But it requires the right sort of wood, they don't all burn at the same temperature. Bye, take care.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/12/2019
damn girrrllll
Guest chapter 16 . 9/12/2019
I'm looooving this book!
Guest chapter 15 . 9/12/2019
omg that's so sad! I'm surprised they didn't just take him as a host. I suppose they could just use a sarcophagus to revive him tho... and then turn him into a host.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/12/2019
Obviously! She left the resistance, by leaving her father.
Guest chapter 51 . 4/13/2019
I enjoyed this a lot. I also thought Joe/Sam was a bit squiffy but largely due to timescales, did think you wrote it well though.
NCISFan chapter 51 . 8/9/2018
Good story. Long but not long enough. Where's a sequel? Disappointed I don't see one at least in progress.
NCISFan chapter 27 . 8/8/2018
Good story but damn, 27 chapters in and where is anything that needs an M rating?
anonfanficaccount chapter 20 . 3/26/2018
... were the parallels with Hansen's sexual assault intentional? Just because Sam is attracted to Jack does not make him forcing himself on her okay, and so far, that seems to be the impression your writing is trying to convey. I was so disappointed by that, because I've been enjoying this story so much. I hope you're still around to read reviews.
anonfanficaccount chapter 8 . 3/25/2018
I'm totally loving this so far. Small complaint: I was pretty bummed about the spoiler in the author's note at the end of chapter 8. I get that you're explaining the changes to people who've read it before, but I like being surprised.

I'll do a proper review when I'm finished reading, but so far characterization is on point, pacing is good and it's very well written. Can't wait to see where it goes.
Lori chapter 46 . 10/30/2017
Damn. It seems fast but given what she's likely to face, can't blame Sam for giving it serious thought. and consideration.
Kimberley J chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Dear guest,

Since you left your review anonymously, I can't answer directly, so I'll have to do it this way. I'm saddened you see it that way, but accept it. A couple of other readers ascribing to the "soul mate" concept voice similar opinions.

In short, I believe that true love grows from obstacles and difficulties a couple can overcome. And if you read between the lines in this story, it should be clear how deeply Sam's struggle runs, and that her attempt to have sex with Faxon is a desperate attempt to find that happiness she had with Jack-only to realize that nothing can bring that back to her, which causes her to break down and enables a process of true grief.

Sam's agreement to marry Faxon is an arrangement of convenience for her. She's in danger of being sent to a breeding facility when the POA reestablishes he gifted laws. I think I made clear what happens in those facilities. I did it subtly in the story, but let me spell it out here: women are raped. If not compliant, they're tied up and raped until pregnant.
Marrying a gifted man can save her from that fate. And it saves Faxon from the fate of having to commit these atrocities. While Faxon does care for her, he's a pragmatist. There is no love on either side, though Faxon doesn't rule out that he might come to love her.

It's sad you didn't give the story the benefit of the doubt and read it til the end, otherwise you would have seen that this experience deepens Sam's character. But I understand if you'd rather read a romance in the style of "they lived happily ever after". Unfortunately that's rarely what I write, especially when writing a dystopian novel. To me, that kind of ending is unbelievable and unrealistic, so I cannot in good conscience pull it off. It isn't how the story was meant to be written.
Stargate Aschen does have what I consider a happy ending.

Rereading it, I still find hat it is the first story that turned out exactly how it was meant to be. I stand by the way I wrote it. I'm just sorry your expectations were disappointed.

But as they say, it's impossible to write a story that everybody likes.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
I was heartbroken reading this story- very involved with the characters, enjoying the differences between them and the cannon Sam and Jack... And then I reached chapter 46? (I think?) and I had to walk away. I know these are different people from cannon, with different experiences and emotions, but (***spoiler alert!) FOUR MONTHS?! That's how long it took her to get over the love of her life and into bed with someone else? Eventually, yes. Thinking he's dead and moving on is acceptable. But four months. Jeez. I couldn't even finish this story to see how it ends, because I don't care. I can't imagine why Jack would want someone that disrespectful back.
Jenndifurry chapter 51 . 9/24/2016
Sheppard/Weir is a ship I like. Missed Teal'c though.
Jenndifurry chapter 7 . 9/18/2016
one of the few things that bother me is review response in stories