Reviews for Stargate Aschen (Abridged Version)
Kimberley J chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Dear guest,

Since you left your review anonymously, I can't answer directly, so I'll have to do it this way. I'm saddened you see it that way, but accept it. A couple of other readers ascribing to the "soul mate" concept voice similar opinions.

In short, I believe that true love grows from obstacles and difficulties a couple can overcome. And if you read between the lines in this story, it should be clear how deeply Sam's struggle runs, and that her attempt to have sex with Faxon is a desperate attempt to find that happiness she had with Jack-only to realize that nothing can bring that back to her, which causes her to break down and enables a process of true grief.

Sam's agreement to marry Faxon is an arrangement of convenience for her. She's in danger of being sent to a breeding facility when the POA reestablishes he gifted laws. I think I made clear what happens in those facilities. I did it subtly in the story, but let me spell it out here: women are raped. If not compliant, they're tied up and raped until pregnant.
Marrying a gifted man can save her from that fate. And it saves Faxon from the fate of having to commit these atrocities. While Faxon does care for her, he's a pragmatist. There is no love on either side, though Faxon doesn't rule out that he might come to love her.

It's sad you didn't give the story the benefit of the doubt and read it til the end, otherwise you would have seen that this experience deepens Sam's character. But I understand if you'd rather read a romance in the style of "they lived happily ever after". Unfortunately that's rarely what I write, especially when writing a dystopian novel. To me, that kind of ending is unbelievable and unrealistic, so I cannot in good conscience pull it off. It isn't how the story was meant to be written.
Stargate Aschen does have what I consider a happy ending.

Rereading it, I still find hat it is the first story that turned out exactly how it was meant to be. I stand by the way I wrote it. I'm just sorry your expectations were disappointed.

But as they say, it's impossible to write a story that everybody likes.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
I was heartbroken reading this story- very involved with the characters, enjoying the differences between them and the cannon Sam and Jack... And then I reached chapter 46? (I think?) and I had to walk away. I know these are different people from cannon, with different experiences and emotions, but (***spoiler alert!) FOUR MONTHS?! That's how long it took her to get over the love of her life and into bed with someone else? Eventually, yes. Thinking he's dead and moving on is acceptable. But four months. Jeez. I couldn't even finish this story to see how it ends, because I don't care. I can't imagine why Jack would want someone that disrespectful back.
Jenndifurry chapter 51 . 9/24/2016
Sheppard/Weir is a ship I like. Missed Teal'c though.
Jenndifurry chapter 7 . 9/18/2016
one of the few things that bother me is review response in stories
Joany chapter 51 . 8/28/2016
Please do another book to continue this story!
Really enjoyed this one.
PhoenixFire859 chapter 22 . 10/31/2015
I'm going to have nightmares tonight...I hate spiders
drubo.drubo chapter 51 . 7/18/2015
tnx for writing a great story. pls start a new one if possible.
Schatze8210 chapter 51 . 7/11/2015
Just discovered this story and very much enjoyed it. I was greatly impressed at the length and detail of your responses to reviews, and your patience with your readers. The plot, the characters, and the environment all combined to be an excellent story. Definitely adding it to my favorites list!
PatriciaS chapter 51 . 7/9/2015
Loved the story and the way this final chapter rounded things up by giving us ideas for the future. Enjoyed the antics bored Sam got up to and the way Jack was going to enable her to do something she wanted in spite of Kinsey. As well as the fact Jack worked so well with Joe. We leave the story knowing things were doing to happen in the future. Thanks for taking the time to share such an interesting story.
LadyMo chapter 51 . 7/5/2015
Thank you for a wonderful story. I loved it so much. I loved the ending. I know that Joe would have beaten Kinsey and Earth will start to change a little more for the better. Who knows what it would turn into 200 years from the story time but Jack and Sam would probably have an interesting and wonderful life together especially when the Stargate opens again. Whatever they do they will do together. Whatever they face they will face
:-)
KMF-G chapter 51 . 7/1/2015
Thanks for a ride and have nice travel within life.
fanka77 chapter 51 . 6/30/2015
It was an amazing story. Thank you!
dpdp chapter 51 . 6/28/2015
Wonderful. A fascinating story with a nice ending. Thank you. Looking forward to a sequel.
Miconis chapter 51 . 6/26/2015
A satisfying ending for me as everyone is with the one they love. That and they're free..it might not be much but it's enough.
KaseyJae chapter 51 . 6/25/2015
An era comes to an end... Kinda sad. Fantastic story, though. For an AU, you stay amazingly well in character. The story, its development and the characters were very authentic and made you just need to read on. I hope, there's a sequel of some sorts to come sometime. Thank you very much for sharing your story!