Reviews for Level 1: Worlds
Yoshi's kun chapter 2 . 3/27
*reads opening lines*

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

You just killed off three main characters in the opening prologue like it's incidental information... wow. But it's massive spoilers for the rest of the fic isn't it? Going from the dates given for Takato's parts this is in the future, plus how their deaths don't line up at the same time means that this really is incidental information... about the future? This really could play into Takato's role in this story.

I like how we don't just jump into Takato's adventures and instead we actually get to see to his friends reaction to his going missing. Which is perfectly natural and something I actually prefer reading in fics. Plus this means that we aren't abandoning the Tamers universe just yet, that they still are going to have a role to play.

Then we get to see some insight into Henry's family life. I really don't blame Henry here at all, he's likely going to have the rest his life to work, better savor what spare time he has left.

I see Terry has worked his way in Henry's good graces. He really is playing the role of pseudo replacement isn't he?

That is definitely sounding like the Adventure Digital World as opposed to the Tamers one. It somewhat highlights the sad fact that the Tamers Digital World may never be described the same way.

The comparing of grades manages to rub salt in Takato's problems even if he isn't there, in a "No wonder he left so he wouldn't have to hear things like this." way. Although it may starting to be bit much... we know how much Takato's life sucks already.

And now Terry shows up and is being really obvious with the girlfriend stealing. Thank goodness they still have loyalty to Takato but... why do they like Terry... at all? All we've seen from him is telling Jeri what he thinks she wants to hear, but what about the others? What reason do they have to like Terry? That feels like it's missing from the narrative.

Oh Kenta. That was terrible. lol You don't just say something like "Well the characters in a TV show didn't get together!" for a situation like this.

[Rika turned around in humiliation and Kazu buried his face in his hands as Kenta's entire argument went up in smoke.

Terry was just lost. "What?" He clearly wasn't ready for the reference.

"Kenta, I don't care how many A's you got, you're still an idiot."]

I laughed at this.

Plus the Jurato comparison he's looking for is Takari more than Taiora in my opinion. But Kenta might be more into Taiora. :P

Terry not knowing what they're talking about in the show stands out to me. Even it has a perfectly reasonable explanation of Terry not liking Digimon so he obviously wouldn't have a reason to watch it. But the the way it's presented just... there's something that stands out to me. It feels like it could be another hint.

Jeri now has a Mew. This amused me.

Henry what is wrong with you!? How can you still not want to tell them!? And no big deal!? On the one hand there's nothing they can do like he thought earlier, but trying to brush the subject off the way he did to his friends...

Terry has gone from jerkwad to asshole. Really starting to hate this guy.

And now the crossover starts. TK is here and... he has a shotgun? I would wonder where he got it, but if Puppetmon could have a Magnum... That's a nice allusion to the past by the way. Years ago TK didn't want to have anything to do with a gun and ran from a trigger happy maniac. Now as a jaded adult he's shooting Digimon like it's no big deal.

Speaking of which he's an adult, so then time has already passed in Adventure verse? But I didn't think the time discrepancy would be that large. So then the others are already dead then... but Ryo is Tamers verse since this doesn't have WS and... Argh.

Off to the next chapter then.
Yoshi's kun chapter 1 . 3/25
I'm vaguely reminded of Ken's note that he left for his parents when he left for the digital world. In that at its surface it can sound one way, but there's more to it than that.

Anyway, you've gone and killed off Takato's parents. Now I'm going to see how this plot point shall be used.

Kind of wondering why the authorities waited so long to tell Takato anything. Like a day? And if they were still alive then shouldn't the officials have tried to tell Takato something? Anything? Maybe? Unless his condition would have prevented it... but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The reaction of Takato's family is interesting to think about from an authorial perspective. On the one hand, Kai and co. is the part of Takato's family we know about, so of course in the narrative it's instinctive to place Takato with them. But rather than automatically placing Takato in Okinawa, you taken the time to explain how he ended up there. The everyday way Takato's family passed him over is depressingly normal, and not in a bad way, they don't seem like bad people even if from Takato's perspective it's heartbreaking.

And now you basically just broke up Takato and Jeri... not only are long distance relationships hard but... Jeri is... clingy even if we know why. The fact that she would have an interest in somebody who can be with her everyday as opposed to Takato who has to call her collect is... not all that surprising. The whole situation is horrible and their handling of this mess is likely going to be bad no matter what.

Terry is knowingly stealing another guy's girlfriend and is a jerkwad for that. As for the rest of his characterization, the one thing that kind of stands out his reaction to Digimon. That feels red flagish to me. Then maybe the ramen cart mention on top of that. Even though that might just be an Easter Egg. His description could be another clue, but even his "messy brown hair" isn't giving us enough since depending on the person it could even be used to describe Takato (I've seen this). Takato pointing out how he is "ordinary" plus his current role makes actually does make me wonder a bit if he resembles Takato... Darn it Jeri.

Or maybe that's all wrong and he looks more like Davis or somebody else completely different... It wouldn't surprise me either.

At most right now I'll guess that he'll be someone who will help lead to more info.

[Unfortunately, Suzy was still determined to have her query fielded. "Will we ever see Terriermon or Lopmon again?"

Her lisp made it all the more cute, and all the more heartbreaking for Riley and Tally to witness. Both looked aside, hoping that Yamaki could handle the question in a dignified manner.

However, Yamaki exhaled once, then made it plain and simple. "No."]

In a way, I feel terrible for laughing at this. But I did.

Basically:

Riley/Tally: Please don't do what we think you're going to do.

Yamaki: What do you take me for?

Riley/Tally: Sigh.

Yamaki just can't be bothered with that tact nonsense.

I also like how failing school is the straw that breaks the camels back for Takato instead of Jeri... another cliche avoided. Plus his "I don't care about school" turning into "Dammit I do sort of care about school." is another narrative bonus not always seen in fics.

And... yeah. Interesting how "I'm going to the Digital World" can also sound like suicide. XD

Hmm... that may be the wrong Digital World Takato. Unless the crossover gets dragged out a bit more.
Ultimateblack chapter 1 . 10/2/2015
I have always liked your work. They're creative, detailed and realistic. Takato's tragedy was an unexpected start, but he pulled through. Now... He is troubled again after recovering from the last one. I read through this story once before, now it's time to refresh my memory again.
strabimonx chapter 8 . 6/6/2015
nice
Guest chapter 8 . 7/12/2012
please update the story please thise is getiing too good and
cant waitto see what will happen in ch9

again please update whene you can and thanks for the story
nequam-tenshi chapter 8 . 8/20/2011
It amazes me how you were able to connect All four easons of Digimon together. What ever did happen to Yolei, Mimi, and Ken?
ShineX chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
This is a good fic, the only thing I really would complain about is I like Guilmon so I'd actually want him around. Otherwise, very good job
GRX3m0m chapter 2 . 3/16/2009
Oh come is grown-up?
GRX3m0m chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Really good one!Interesting way to start a story.
Phoenixbinary chapter 8 . 9/11/2005
Hi arpulver. I read Level 1 worlds and basically I don’t know where to start the plot is weary good, I liked everything, the storyline, character choice, the dialogs the scenery you have created, when I finished the thirst chapter I couldn’t wait to get to the other. I read about a 100 FanFics now 10% I rated interesting, and only two stories I rated as absolute best one of them is yours, what I am trying to say is that your story was the absolute best of all I read so far. You are a great writer.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/29/2004
So confusing but I like it!
Sakura chapter 2 . 5/29/2004
TK! WHOO! Who's Rika going to end up with anyway?
Ruki chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
Cool but are the people from season 1 or 2 going to in this too? Will Jerri ever reapper?
Fruitloop Trooper chapter 2 . 3/9/2004
Hey, I was crying when MAtt and Sora got married! Okay, maybe not, but I want to tell you how much I'm enjoying this story. I'm a little sad that you killed Tai off already, but it's still good.
Digi-Maniac chapter 8 . 12/21/2003
PLEASE DON'T END THIS STORY!