Reviews for Initiate
harryislife chapter 38 . 7/3
I almost stopped reading this when I thought Sirius was dead! This fic is absolutely destroying my nerves its so dramatic ( that is a compliment). Everything is just brilliant. I do think they need to deal with the Horcrux because for all they know there is only one. And Sirius never went back to Dumbledore abour Harrys scar? I should've said this in my review of your last story but I almost feel Sirius has moved on too easily. People should be apologising to him, not just Dumbledore and I think he should've done something about the corruption in the Ministry. Also, Remus won't be able to go back next year due to the curse, hopefully you address that in the next story. Overall though, its fantastic!
Divine Protector of Skyrim chapter 38 . 6/27
Just to let you know in chess the piece you called a Castle, is actually called a Rook.
madbrad chapter 38 . 6/17
Having just finished the first two books of your 'Innocent' series I thought I'd pop on and say that I very much enjoyed them.

I was made aware of their existence via a review which said that 'Innocent' was an excellent novel ... up to the point of the test of the trainees near the end. At which point, the reviewer said, the book became unbearable; a travesty to consider that the trainees were so duped; that the test was cruel and manipulative, ruining the story for her.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think there were a couple of things intrinsically wrong with the idea, or that could have been improved.

I guess the biggest flaw in the Ministry's plan was that, as far as it looks to me, SOMEONE COULD HAVE DIED. A trainee Auror could have killed (rightly or wrongly) - by using an AK, or more creative means - the 'enemy'. A test that kills people isn't a test. At least, in most environs tests aren't supposed to be lethal.

Given the great friendship between Remus and Sirius I would have preferred there to be a *solid* reason for Remus not to tell Sirius, on the sly, about the test, to warn him. Something like an unbreakable vow forced on him by the Ministry - 'take this vow or we'll lock you up for the duration'. As it is the solid immutable friendship, All for One and One for All, against everyone else ... isn't quite as much. :-(

Something that has startled/worried me is that Sirius seems to have meekly accepted everything that the Ministry's bad guys have thrown at him. Dementor attacks by Umbridge; she. Fudge and Malfoy doing everything they could to throw him back into Azkaban - going to great steps of subterfuge and fraud to do so, making me quiver with rage for some of those chapters - and then, finally, when only Pettigrew's confession saves the day - Sirius does absolutely nothing to get back at them. To redress the wrong. To remove these vile people from power.

Instead he actually *joins* them, as a Ministry Auror!

I find it hard to accept this. I don't like having to accept it. :-(

As a HP fan who hates the principal canon relationships - H/G and R/Hr - I fear that you aren't changing those parts of the canon in your series. :-( Ron is already showing some consideration of Hermione, her worth and her feelings - unlike his canon counterpart! - and you're making Ginny less of a zero-dimensional milksop fangirl. Sigh. Oh well. I guess if you continue fixing the characters of the younger canon Weasleys I can't really complain if you still honour their canon pairings, since they'll be different people, and more worthy of their paramours and our approval. It'd be nice if you didn't though ... :-)

Using an Unbreakable Vow with Quirrell is interesting; given your preview I must wonder if he'll be a major player in the sequel.

(Were we told WHY Quirrell let himself be taken over by Riddle? I'm not sure we have? It seems to have been voluntary?)

Anyway, a very enjoyable series with a lot of depth, thank you!
Mockingjay91 chapter 38 . 5/20
A friend of mine recommended Innocent to me about 4 weeks ago and I just finished Initiate. I feel sorry for finishing both of your fanfictions so fast, but I just couldn't help myself, they were amazing and I enjoyed every single chapter. Thank you so much, I had a lot of fun! Thank you for not killing Sirius (that would have broken my heart), for putting Draco into Gryffindor (great dynamics, I love it) and letting Remus and Dora come together at that early state (they are my favorite!). Maybe I should save part 3 for later, but I think I can't :D love your work 3 and probably review soon ;)
Gwenlynn chapter 38 . 4/21
I find that I like innitiate better then your first story. Partly this is because i think the second story has less obvious plotholes i think you made in the first one.( gor example I still refuse to believe that the toad could pull one over Moody and he would allow it)

Another thing is that I like that Harry has gone to Hogwarts and the story seem to focus more on him.

Anyway, i like the depth you try to put in your characters that makes them much more interesting and that you change the main events that shaped the original story to create something recognize able but different enough to trigger the curiosity. Keep at t ge good work.
warriorofdark chapter 8 . 4/11
Draco made gryfinndor I know he changed a good deal but fuck that still surprised me.
KingRiordanQueenRowling chapter 37 . 3/1
I've read both your stories now. Your talent and dedication to them shows in your writing. I found them very amusing and interesting, impossible to put down since the beginning of the first story. The characters seem so very in character that it feels weird to think this isn't canon (even Draco, who for obvious reasons has been molded into becoming someone else, is rather cunning and smart as the books portrayed him). I do hope the next piece is as excellent as these ones, and I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Good luck, mate. Have a nice day.
ksecc1 chapter 38 . 2/22
I have this rather amusing habit with stories that I really like. I actually put off reading the en so I can continue to look forward to reading the end...kind of like the fancy chocolate bar in the back of the cabinet that goes stale because I can't bear to just eat it. Look how Lon I put off finishing this story after it was completed!
ksecc1 chapter 37 . 2/22
What an excellent ending. The Malfoy family dilemma!

So I was all nervous that Harry would be possessed, but that was just Voldemorts spirit flying out?

I love this series. Consistently excellent.
ksecc1 chapter 33 . 2/18
I said this before, but I really enjoy Draco's evolution. His loyalties will probably always be messy...or not? I don't see you making us love him this much, just to turn him into a Peter. I hope? But I could see him turning into a Serius (although not in personality) or a Severus. This is why I enjoy his journey so much.
ksecc1 chapter 32 . 2/18
AG! You're just dragging out Severus's key memory, aren't you? I guess it would ruin the suspense if you gave it away. Luckily, I set apart a nice block of time to finish this! If it's anything like Serius's arrest or his exam, I'm not going to want to put it down until it ends.
ksecc1 chapter 31 . 2/18
I was completely shocked by severus's loss of leg. And I'm frantically scurrying through all the characters, trying to find who the plant is. Because King hasn't been there long enough to cause this mess, and how, then is Croaker carrying voldemort? Good writing.
ksecc1 chapter 30 . 2/17
Poor Fawkes. That bothers me as much as anything else Voldemort's done in the story. (And what does that say about my sense of perspective. The bird's immortal. Still, it's just so wrong.)
ksecc1 chapter 29 . 2/17
Regarding ch 22: So when did Serius learn that Voldemort was Tom Riddle?

And ch 26: how come you had Harry forget his dream? I know that happens, but you'd think something that important would stick.

And ch 29: Draco is awesome! Also, I enjoy not-stupid criminals.
ksecc1 chapter 13 . 2/15
At one point you wrote me the most amazing PM regarding Draco and what went into his change to Gryffindore. Now I have a secon question about the background of why a character is doing what they are doing. Narcissa seems a bit bipolar. Pushing and supporting a Slytherin Hydrus. (An what a name that is.) and also Gryffindore Draco. You've kind of gone into detail about why she has be sneakily supporting Draco's red. But why support Hydrus bowing to LV? If she wants long term happiness for Draco, surely she also wants it for Hydrus? I guess my real question is why she so ferociously supports what seems to be polar opposite outcomes for two sons who she obviously adores?