Reviews for The Keepsake
Rose chapter 9 . 7/20/2014
I suspect that, like myself, almost all of the reviewers have kept clicking 'Next' at the bottom of each chapter, caught up in this intriguing tale and not wanting to interrupt their enjoyment and anticipation of the following page ! -Hence all the reviews mostly for pages 8-10
I can only apologize for my own selfishness, and offer my excuse that I liked this story so much that I couldn't stop reading long enough to comment. The story, with its plot and sub-plots so cleverly woven together into the whole, was pretty seamless, and you have a good handle on what it takes to draw readers into the magic of your work.

I've only just found your story, so my comments come a long time after you have written it. I hope you are still writing as you have a real gift there. All the best! ; D
fayzalmoonbeam chapter 10 . 2/22/2005
This is a wonderful story. I'm a real fan of Gisburne, and you present his aggression and his vulnerability very well. I liked the way that you chose him as the central character, and Robin and the Merries fitted around Gisburne's tale. The dialogue is great and it was an understated, and elegant read. Lovely!
TheTrulyMadOne chapter 10 . 7/8/2004
A very good story indeed. If there is a fault, it is the failiure to mention why Robin returned to the greenwood. At the end of the time of the Wolf, we see Robin take his leave of the merries. What brings him back? Also, although I do like to see another side to Gisburne, I do feel that the Sheriff is irrideamble so wasn't so sure about his softening, feeling for Gisburne's fate.

All this having been said, I did like this story very much. A good length as well.
Rinda chapter 10 . 6/25/2004
I absolutely love this story! Ive just read it for the second time and its flawless. Everyone is completely in character, but a different side to Gisburne is shown. The best piece of RoS fan fiction Ive come across, the style of writing is exactly like in the series itself. To the wriiter I would just like to say: please write more!
Shani chapter 10 . 3/15/2003
I just positively LOVED this story, and I really hope you write more stories when you get the chance. :) I have always been a HUGE fan of the ROS TV show and only recently dicovered that has fanfic for that show. This is one of the best ROS stories that I've read...well done!
Wickam Wench chapter 9 . 11/24/2002
This is wonderful - too many RoS fanfic writers present Gisburne as this out-and-out evil character, but you seem to have captured him brilliantly. Please can you write 'The keepsake II'? I'd like to see them reunited and like happily ever after *sigh*
Celtic One chapter 9 . 11/23/2002
Very good story! I liked how it was a Gisburne romance. Not enough of those. :)
Martina chapter 10 . 11/22/2002
I was absolutely captivated. You write beautifully. I love the way you spin threads of the story and then weave them together, it is so much more interesting to read than a straight-forward plot line. Gisburne in love, quite a novel idea (to me, anyway, as i'm new on the scene of RoS fanfic) but you handled it great, very realistic as you allowed him to stay the same selfish, distrusting person, though in a different light. Also, the ending was brilliant, it couldn't have been written any other way.
Siamese chapter 9 . 11/9/2002
Um, do you think you might ever do a sequel to this? This story was utterly fantastic, capturing the spirit and characterizations of the show perfectly. Marvelous. Absolutely marvelous. And the other reviewer was right: this is too good to have so few reviews. Please write again.
Charybdis chapter 2 . 11/8/2002
I'm in the process of reading this and am of the opinion that you deserve far more reviews thn you have. It's quite a good piece, a nice continuation in the spirit of the series. Please don't be discouraged by the lack of reviews.
Lynx22281 chapter 1 . 10/17/2002
This is so cute! I was a little confused that the first scenes with Gisburne and Gisla were really a flashback. But other than that, it's really good! Of course, I'm always happy when Marian makes it back to Sherwood. YAY!