Reviews for Rebound
Caeria chapter 4 . 9/30/2013
It's been a while since I've read any Inuyasha but was feeling a bit nostalgic. So I started reading while at lunch today. The first two chapters left me all misty eyed and I'm sure other people in the park were wondering why I was reading my phone and wiping at my eyes while eating.

Thank you for the story. It was thoroughly enjoyable.
TheGreatANGSTHATER chapter 2 . 5/20/2013
He shrugged. "Fever," he said. "Took about half the village. She and Kaede cared for them. One day she took sick, like the others. Pain in the throat, inside the throat all white, tongue all red then-burning up, delirious, and red all over the skin. Just like everyone."

Wow if Kikyou died in that horrible, painful, undignified way that's awesome. Both she and Inutrasha deserve as much suffering as possible. I'm glad Sango, Miroku and Shippou abandoned him. Also Inuyasha has some nerve criticizing ''other men'' for playing around with hearts. Kagome had a right to his heart (even more than Kikyou) and HE abandoned her to marry a stupid and selfish woman who had tried to kill her. I'm glad both his wives and his spawn died. Less self centered people like him in the world the better. I think not even the manga Inuyasha is this pathetic and shameless. Too bad Kagome is is still hung up on him. I find it OOC. I think she would have been sad for him but been disgusted with the idea of being his ''rebound'' Good story, well written but OOC.
royal milk tea chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
As someone much much closer to forty than fifteen, that was in no way too middle-aged and poignant. Not that I don't appreciate the little bonbon in the epilogue, but the original ending was just lovely. I agree with Kagome "I likeā€¦fangs. And golden eyes. And . . . dog ears. I . . . love . . . dog ears," so it was a little sad to not have those but your short story was wonderfully written and so emotionally real . Thank you.
Silver and Black Flames chapter 4 . 1/8/2013
Wow. This is a really unique story, definitely not the type of thing you'd usually find in this fandom. I like how the reality that faces them after their quest is over isn't all sunshine and rainbows-just the right amount of bitter to counter out the bit of sweetness at the end. Seeing Kagome fall apart after the wedding was particularly wrenching. This is such a lovely little gem.
Animefreak242 chapter 4 . 12/31/2012
I'm so glad i found this story today. The morning of New Years Eve seems like a perfect time to read such a piece. It's resolute and transformative in a way that's befitting of the end of the year. Of a time after the holidays, but before a new beginning. ...Is that melodramatic? LOL It's been a few years since I've written a review. Close to a decade since I've done so on , so you'll have to excuse me.

This story was very poignant, but in a great way. It was sad and reflective and satisfying - much more than I thought it'd be after I'd begun reading it. I cried a little, at the bitter-sweetness of what happened and what never would and how it shaped them and ended up bringing them back together for an even better relationship. The ending you wrote for the third chapter was very fitting. At the same time, I appreciate that you wanted to not leave us so realistically and morose.

I hope you're still writing.

Happy New Years.
Animefreak242
aka
Kawaii Girl
Sienna Maiu chapter 2 . 11/17/2012
How utterly wonderfully heartwrenching... but I suppose 'InuYasha' was never meant to be a clean story.
lovingseiyakou chapter 4 . 8/29/2012
I hadn't read anything of the sort until now... I always chose those fanfics which are faithful to Inuyasha's and Kagome's story, though I've already found one or two really good ones which are set in our time (I mean there's no Shikon no tama in them). Whatever, you made me cry my eyes out. I would've never imagined Inuyasha go through sooo much pain, not only physical but spiritual or emotional suffering as well... Most of all when he didn't deserve it... I mean, after all he's our hero! It touched my heart, really.
Nichalia chapter 4 . 6/27/2012
This story... It's more like a Proper Short Story, the kind analyzed in a high school English class where the students explain the tone and theme and how the background of the author and the history of the time and the symbolism all adds up to it being a statement piece about communism. This was fun to read, thanks very much!
Oh Jiru chapter 4 . 5/20/2012
Every author comes to check on their memoirs, at least from time to time, so I dearly hope that you read this. Out of all of the years I've spent dreamily reading writing Inuyasha stories, I've never found such genuine possibility and an alternative perspective that made me truly feel.

I always believed that the magic would take her away, and it would end in melancholy. This was very human and endearing and I thank you for writing this beautiful piece.
Glon Morski chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
It was overall... well, how should I put it... It wasn't really sad or anything like that per say, but there was this weird atmosphere throughout the fic. Kinda dark and heavy... I don't know how to describe it. A little opressive, maybe? I don't know... Whatever it was, however, it was not a bad thing, it only added to the charm of the story as a whole. I really loved it overall. Nice read. Thank you so much for sharing :3

Sincerely,

Glon Morski
The Sleeping Creature chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
Oh my... I've been looking for this story for about four years now. I read it and loved it and then forgot to favorite it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your interpretation of how things could go... it's so DIFFERENT, gloriously so. Anyhow. Yay you! Yay you and your Kagome and your Inuyasha!
Viking Eggplant chapter 4 . 12/3/2011
This is such a great story, and unlike anything else I've read in this fandom. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
The Red Leper chapter 4 . 11/19/2011
Really glad to see that you did actual research. So few people do that anymore and actually find out about the places/things that they are writing about. So super kudos to you!
ambergur-pyon96 chapter 4 . 8/12/2011
i had to keep reminding myself that this wasn't how it ended in the manga (and think other happy thoughts) or else burst into tears, just reading the last few chapters. really really great, thank you.
kirr1001 chapter 4 . 12/28/2010
I loved Inuyasha would have been real life, not manga 'n anime, I think it would have ended this sadly, realistically but they both would had their happy ending words; u're matter where u're, I'll send my thanks to u.