Reviews for Immortality is What We Leave Behind
calypso tchaka chapter 10 . 2/8
This is a very interesting story! The amount of detail you two spin into this story is impressive. You incorporate all sorts of characters in different aspects, relationships and clans (I mean really, Akainu and Shanks! Together! Sort of -I can somehow see Shanks as an elemantal, plus we already have the visual understanding of Akainu). All in all, well done!

Plus Shanks' reaction and grief about a certain island makes me very curious! Especially what might happen should he eventually end up at the compound after he accepted Marco's invitation.

I'll say this again. The amount of detail in each chapter and how it builds is Impressive. I don't know where you are taking this yet, but it is part of the enjoyment I get from reading. This keeps me entertained and wanting to read more.

Thank you for sharing this story!
RainbowGuardian13 chapter 10 . 2/8
This is quite a story and I'm very invested to read it until the end. I love what you have done with it. I hope to see more soon
xXMissAmeXx chapter 10 . 2/7
Oh man. Can you guys believe it's been 2 years since you two started this monster of a fanfic? I remember when I found it when it was only like 2 chapters in. It's been a wild ride. You two still have the most interesting, detail laden world that you've cooked up. Lots of things have happened. Sorry I'm getting all nostalgic.

I have to say I'm SO HAPPY that they just took to Law's dragon form right away. I don't know I was kind of feeling apprehensive about it happening again but I'm so happy that that's not the case anymore. And the hare mytho being ALL NICE AND STUFF JUST WARMED MY HEART!

Here's to another year of this story hopefully! And I hope your guys' lives have evened out and you two are living as wonderfully as you both deserve! Thanks you two. 3
SebbyLoverTMI chapter 10 . 1/27
I just love this strory! I'm so sad it's only ten chapters long :( However, this ten chapters were sooo amazing, the way you write Ace, Luffy and their interaction with the other mythos is really cool. I just love Otohime, she is such a nice person and queen. And, btw (it means by the way,I think...) in the firsts chapters I remember Thatch mentioning Zoro and Kuina, does it means that we will see them?
Sorry for my horrible english xD I'm argentinian and not very good at writing long stuff...Kisses from here and I hope to read you soon C:
The setting of the story is interesting, but complicated to imagine. Are the lands like the islands in the grand line, or are they in a completely different landscape?
LittleChomper chapter 10 . 1/21
Yeah, foreboding much.
"In case we all need it."
I can smell trouble.
betsybugaboo chapter 4 . 1/18
Thatch is /Byakko/, and Marco is /Suzaku of the Four Saint Beasts/? Are these references to /YuYu Hakusho/, by any chance?
eosdawn8907 chapter 10 . 1/11
This story is so cute, plz update! I just have to say, I love how Luffy and Ace both say "yoi' bc of Marco's habits. They're so cute! -cries-
emygrl99 chapter 10 . 1/10
Oh my god, this chapter is just so cute I can't take it! The way Atche wants to make Marco proud is so endearing, and Luhfi's still as adorable as ever (and yes, I'm overly attached to their old names, they're too great to change imho). I'm so happy that they've gotten more confident and less terrified of everything, and also if you'd like to us tell us their past already that'd be nice... (;

I'm really curious how the whole rebirth thing works, like with Izo. Is it like Doctor Who and they regenerate into a different person/personality? Or is it literally like a rebirth, they die and then become a baby and grow up again? Imagine Izo coming back and being the same outwards age at Atche and Luhfi, that'd be so weird! Although Izo said it was like a really long sleep, I'm pretty sure that was just an exaggeration for Atche and Luhfi's sake, so it's not very helpful for me. And it sounds like Izo's gonna be gone for a pretty long time for this death, are we talking like a couple years, a couple dozen years, or a couple hundred years here? I can't imagine it'd be hundreds cause wouldn't Izo be a lot more upset that he wouldn't get to see Atche and Luhfi again? Plus after the talk the two of them seem pretty not-sad (despite not being too sad in the first place?), so they must've been told that Izo would come back at some point? Oh, and another thing. Thatch said that this was Izo's first death, but Marco said a couple chapters ago that Izo had birthed on Fishman Island a couple times? But that doesn't make sense unless male mythos can actually give birth.

The whole WB scene was really cute, and his name is definitely Wheatbread... (aka headcanon accepted xD) The servants still piss me off, btw. Not for any particular reason, but they just do.

Oh! And the fact that Atche and Luhfi feel safest sleeping underneath Marco's bed at night is literally so cute I just wanna rip my heart out of my chest, they're SO attached to Marco and Marco's the same to them and ughhhhhh

In other news, idk if you remember but I was loitering around your livestream when you were drawing Koala, and I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that she's gonna be the caretaker? (That drawing looks AMAZING by the way, I knew you'd get the feathers right! :D) I'm still waiting for the scene when she meets them, I have a feeling it's going to be as insufferably cute as 90% of this chapter was.
6Lisa9 chapter 10 . 1/10
thanks for the new chapter! I home the holidays were good for you too :)

So the kids have met grandpa. It went better than I imagined.

And when they all had dinner together, it was really cute! I wonder how long it will still take papa Marco to realise his feeling... It's kind of getting ridiculous...

I'm pretty sure the hare is going to be more important in Ace and Luffy's life cause he proved he was good with kids and he's a dad.
By the way, since they met whitebeard and it went relatively well, he can now hel with taking care of them, can't he?

I guess I'll know the answer to that in the next chapter...
firebird chapter 10 . 1/8
tbh, all I could think of when reading this chapter was "When Ace is an adult, he and Marco are going to be play a lot of dirty 'daddy' games." Welp, now that that muck is outta my head, brilliant chapter as always. :D
the everchanging chapter 10 . 1/7
Great chapter! I really like the story you both have going so far. I'm glad that Ace and Luffy weren't too scared of Whitebeard.
Mithril Lace chapter 10 . 1/7
*intense flailing*

So I've been very sick and haven't had a chance to read this until now, and just... AHHHH I love this story so much! I teared up a bit with the Thatch and Izo scenes (both because I ship it really hard and because I love how you two write them interacting as brothers) but I've got a better grasp of how that's going now, at least!

And I don't like this foreboding sense D: I DO NOT LIKE WORRYING! But I'm beyond excited to know where the overarching plot is going. As always, I just freaking admire the world-building and backdrop you've set for this story. I hope all your readers appreciate how much work you guys put into this, because I'm just in awe :3 And if I don't make sense it's because I'm still kind of sick and remembering how to be a human again.

As for what I liked about Law, both the little nuances of the dragon behaviors and his specific personality/quirks. I really dig the way Anjelle writes Law. (if I have that right and she's the one doing those parts?)

So, I'm just really hype to know more about Ace and Luffy's history before they were introduced into the mythos world, and how Shanks' story fits into this. I also love how much attention Otohime got, as she's just a boss no matter how you look at it. Love her xD

And I giggled rather madly when Ace and Luffy trolled Marco with all those bad words. I was like "Are they - omg they are XD HAH!" I probably woke my roommate. Actually she sleeps through my coughing so we're safe. But I still laughed pretty loudly. Admittedly my favorite part was probably when Whitebeard's name got mistaken as Wheatbread. I snorted. Super princess-like, I assure you. But it was a very loud snort.

ANYWAY before I writer an essay or something, YAY for an update! I'm always happy to read more of this story and I can't wait to see what you wonderful authors do next. Take your time and take care! :) I hope you're having a great new year!

~Mithril
dragonwriter88 chapter 10 . 1/5
Wow. Just wow. You guys are amazing. I absolutely love this story! I'm sure you put a ton of research into this fix and your dedication shows. Each clan is well defined down to what they call their young. And Ace and Luffy are adorable and heart breaking. I am just in awe. Keep up the amazing work and I wait with baited breath for the next chapter.
furuba-suzume chapter 10 . 1/3
Ace and Luffy went through something even worse than what has already been mentioned, haven't they? Ace is too knowledgeable about hiding food away for him to have started it when Ligi "took care" of them. They're only four and six years old...but how long did they stay on that ship? :C My imagination is just making me depressed. ;A; I really can't wait for the next chapter...D':