Reviews for No More Tears
BrownEyes08 chapter 20 . 3/3
Beautifully written. Made me shed a few tears. Thank you for such a lovely story.
lyonfoch chapter 20 . 2/15
Thank you for this story! I found it refreshing and I could empathize with Darcy and Elizabeth in their circumstances.
Autumnmissa chapter 20 . 1/3
Lovely. Thank you!
anjalividya chapter 20 . 12/30/2016
its quite beautiful story ...
tululah chapter 8 . 12/13/2016
Wonderful scene. Very intimate and passionate without the vulgarity.
Guest chapter 20 . 12/5/2016
Enjoyed your story and that you made it about becoming a better person and learning from life's experiences. I cried during the end chapters during some of the reconciliation scenes. That is a good sign. Thank you for writing stories that are uplifting and not too explicit. Sending you a hug from Colorado.
babythor chapter 20 . 11/2/2016
What a beautiful story. As a reader, the lows were hard to get through, but the experience made the resolution so much more satisfying, which means you, as a writer, succeeded. The character development was realistic and thoughtfully done. Seeing Lizzy become so compliant was frustrating in that it is so unnatural, though it never came across as out-of-character. These circumstances really were the perfect storm that would subdue Lizzy into someone so passive and obliging. I liked that you didn't place all the blame for this on Darcy alone, as much as I would have liked to strangle Darcy a couple times throughout, Lizzy was also complicit in how she let Darcy shape her. It was smart storytelling having Lizzy come to this self-awareness before Darcy came to his. It validated Lizzy's acceptance of responsibility for her change in character and her resolve to improve herself.
dead feather chapter 20 . 10/22/2016
I liked the letters and the easy way this story flowed but this left a bitter aftertaste and I think only Jane Bennet could truly be satisfied after reading this that all was well.
The societal difference, a fact at that times, was pointed out way past swallowable repetition and Elizabeth to just accept all that tripe from her husband and bend over backwards and totally change herself over half a season in ton was somehing more like sense and sensibility and even there women were not turned such robots. More than once she reminded me of a woman whose husband beats them to submission. And Darcy continuing his high and pride ways almost all the story. There was no real hundsford moment to him until Mr Bennet. I think Lizzy shouldve given him a rant and way earlier for it to work. Not to mention that huge part of PP was Darcy fighting his love for her, here it was just an after though. So I couldnt really enjoy neither of them, Lizzy or Darcy. hence the bitterness.
I guess in Austen stories the bad and dark parts of regency society are not pointed out like this. Yes it is there but her clever women dance around the destrictions, not become slaves to it. So while this might be more regency period, it was not as much fun. Maybe she knew, living at the time, how to survive it and twist it instead of turning it an all governing law.
dead feather chapter 5 . 10/22/2016
This has been fun and interesting. I am glad to see many more chapters still to come as the most used PP plots have been rendered useless. Wickham certainly was a surprise.
I know you said youre trying to keep this era fitting. I am interested to see how the romance fares. Austens novels are loved, were loved in the 18' and 19' and now 2000. Mainly due to the romance. I know regency era obviously liked love stories, therwise Austen books would have never gained popularity but that was also a very dey and snobbish times. Which is why I hope you will not forget it, the romance that can only happen in stories. The writing shows promise. It would be sad day indeed when Lizzy and Darcy would end up simply lifelong friends and not soulmates
Mandarin Fiend chapter 20 . 10/7/2016
What a lovely story :)
misherukuro chapter 8 . 8/24/2016
Thanks for sharing your writing.
Meena chapter 18 . 7/21/2016
Do writers realize that readers always anticipate a boy child and heir as the first child. I cannot fathom why the joy in so many of these stories are killed by making the first child a girl? I just don't get it.
Jansfamily4 chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
I haven't read this first chapter yet but I would like to thank you for NOT letting a few BAD apples spoil it for the rest of us. Now back to the story...
Guest chapter 18 . 5/15/2016
Elizabeth in your story behaves too much like someone with Stockholm syndrome. It is not the sign of a healthy soul to desperately love and desire someone who treats you like dirt. It is healthy to forgive a person who treats you badly, and to treat them with love and kindness in spite of their faults, but Elizabeth in your story is debasing herself too much, in a way that isn't healthy. Darcy has been emotionally abusive and she is still "in love" with that? Also, if she really did think her sin was to avoid confrontation, repentance would involve righting that wrong and confronting Darcy. She is a lovesick doormat instead.
Amy chapter 17 . 5/11/2016
You put Austen's masterpiece in a interesting new light. And you made me weep. And you made me fell heartache. So, thank you. I am sincere, it's beautiful.