Reviews for No More Tears
P.S.: Wasn't Wickham supposed to be reformed (chapter 3 or so)? Which by the way would have been a nice change!

But now he suddenly isn't after all?
Ok, that turned truly terrible. Darcy does not treat Lizzy with any respect at all - at the beginning he sort of does, but it goes downhill from there. Darcy becomes more and more a tyrant, and Lizzy more and more a doormat. She completely abandons all her personality "to obey him". That is NOT healthy. Or Christian. Not at all. She behaves like his slave, not like his wife at all.

Truly, they could hardly be more out of character if they tried. Darcy has no love or respect for Lizzy, and Lizzy has no self-respect as well as no spine. They could not be more different from the book, if they tried.

These are not Darcy and Lizzy! They are if anything closer to Edward and Bella (Twilight) *shudder*
romanticsoul49 chapter 20 . 12/30/2017
I thoroughly enjoyed your story. You are truly gifted. I have read all 4 of your books posted on the p&p fanfic site. I have enjoyed your creativity with the characters and story lines.
Kartos chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
omg this beginning
Roman chapter 20 . 11/30/2017
Wow! What a wonderful story. I really and truly enjoyed it from start to finish. Making theirs a sort of marriage of convenience, except not in the typically sense really opened up a new and interesting path for our couple. I appreciate all your author's notes. Usually I mostly avoid such, but yours were really wonderful and a great companion to the story.

I think that if fandom can create situations where Elizabeth choose to marry Mr. Collins to save her family, to save Jane etc. I think it's perfectly reasonable to imagine that Elizabeth could have chosen a man she had quickly come to respect and admire, not to mention someone in a position to protect her family. I can't recall right now if Austen wrote Elizabeth as only being willing to marry for the deepest of love, or if that was just the adaptation. I think at that time a sensible woman such as Elizabeth would have made just the choice you had her made here. I think readers are often too trapped in their own 21st century sensibilities to understand how differently people thought and acted in earlier times.

Another thing that account for Elizabeth not acting as she did in canon is the fact that she fell in love with Darcy fairly early. In PP, she didn't love him until near the end. In fact I've never believed Austen's Elizabeth loved Darcy to the extent that he loved her, their love to me in canon was unequal. For me at least, Darcy's love for Elizabeth and that love starting him on a better path is the real magic in PP. In this story, it was Elizabeth who loved Darcy and we must allow that loving him so early in the story caused her to approach things differently. It's easy to lay waste to someone you don't love, even hate. Not so much when you are head over heels in love with the person.

The truth is Elizabeth and Jane finding happily ever after with Darcy and Mr. Bingley were indeed fiction for the time. More likely, given their circumstances, especially the behavior of their family, they would not have ended up in such advantageous situation. This Elizabeth's situation and how things played out, is actually more likely from what we know of that time.

The only thing that I didn't care for was Mr. Bennet's attitude. I've never cared for that character and I hated that he wasn't given a proper dressing down by someone like Mr. Gardener, Elizabeth, or Bingley. Someone with credibility needed to let that man have it. Him finally just acknowledging his short coming and admitting he would not have acted to correct things like Darcy did, is not enough as far as I'm concerned. Do not be alarmed, I loved the story as is. Mr. Bennet's getting away is par for the course when reading PP, or PP ff.

Thanks for your story.
Guest chapter 20 . 11/11/2017
Wow, I did skim a lot but I read enough to say this was the most pathetic Elizabeth I've ever seen. Congrats I guess, there are a lot of fics out there and being number one on something is no small feat.

My god, who was that doormat, who was that meek and pitiful creature? Was she being abused and I skipped? Some sort of Stockholm Syndrome? Was Darcy holding Jane hostage and would kill her if Elizabeth had a moment of self-respect and self-esteem? Was this suppose to be one of those christian romances and that's why her epiphany after everything was to forgive her husband? Forgive is divine and it's a woman's job and all that. Chapters and chapters of Darcy being a massive douchebag and the answer is to smile at him, forgive and accept. That's it. No discussion, no fight, it's probably unchristian for a woman to do that anyway, they should just wait patiently for their husband to see "the light". I was so sorry that Darcy's cousin and his daughter managed to make him realize how much of asshole he was because Elizabeth deserved the husband not to change a bit since nothing he could do would make her not want him. The reason why she wanted a daughter was so beyond pathetic that I was actually impressed you thought it out and you also thought it made her strong? Sure, why not, only god would probably help the fact she has no self worth yet she does have her unconditional love for an asshole so that's that.

One more thing, if you need to write so much about your characters motivation in your author's notes for them to make sense you might want to think why.
Jenny chapter 20 . 9/5/2017
I am always thrilled to read a book where Darcy actually see Lizzy for who she is and decides to court her. I think Darcy pursuing Lizzy is fun to read about !
lali jishkariani chapter 8 . 9/1/2017
i am dissapointed for your chose of action...this kind of marriage and this kind of life is for caroline bengley and not for Elizabeth...i am reading it and i have this unsuppresed feeling that there is something wrong that its not proper and its undabtedly sxandalous how they married and how they lead their lifes as copmlate strangers...and i wanted to shout becouse of marriage was worse then the Darcy's original first least there was love with insults...and now there is no insult but there is no feelings either...and i really cant help but only feelings i have during reading is huge dissapointment and expectation for something i dont know is there or notbut anyway thank you for your hard work:*
Mariagoner chapter 8 . 8/22/2017
It just seems so deliciously like Elizabeth to be both innocent and yet, so frankly sensual, all at once. Darcy is a very lucky man and he had better remember as much!
bumble-beeoncrack chapter 12 . 7/26/2017
It took me to this chapter to realize why I suddenly was becoming annoyed with your story. I think that a marriage of convenience is very out of character for Elizabeth Bennet. It removes her greatest characteristic: her willingness and ability to not have any price on finding love. Her rejecting despite his riches is what truly makes her admirable. It shows her strength and virtue in keeping her principles when faced with great temptation. That is not to say she needs to reject him to make a good story, however with a marriage of convenience, she seems no better than anyone in the ton. The only difference would be that she has a more open personality, the depth is gone. I was intrigued on how it would play out, but found that it destroys her character in the process. It is a pet peeve in reading fanfiction, for me, when characters are way off character. For I find the beauty in fanfiction is the ability for authors to take the characters and guide them along different paths that change them into completely new characters that are still so very close to the original but almost a new/better one at the same time. But when the characters are way off base to begin with or become too uncharacteristic it stifles the flow of the imagination of the reader.
Normally, this failure appears with really good plot lines that have great potential and then horrible writing and general ability to keep characters realistic. However, that is not the case with your story. Your writing is superb, and characterization of all excluding Lizzy is excellent. Even then, given the plot, even hers is in line with her character so to speak. But the plot of a marriage of convenience destroys the best part about reading about Elizabeth. I think in order for it to be believable she would need to be the one with a great tragedy in her life in order to accept it.
I will probably not finish this fic, but I thank you for the time and effort you put into it. I hope that as I stalk your author page I will find another of your stories with a plot that suits my fancy more, for I find you a great writer. Thank you again for contributing to this wonderful world of fandom!
Luise.Mau chapter 20 . 7/5/2017
Great story! Loved this version of events!
Elsabelle1 chapter 20 . 6/1/2017
Teared up, so good
Guest chapter 3 . 4/6/2017
I'm only on chapter 3 and I have fallen in love with your writing style your ideas and I cannot wait for it to play out
BrownEyes08 chapter 20 . 3/3/2017
Beautifully written. Made me shed a few tears. Thank you for such a lovely story.
lyonfoch chapter 20 . 2/15/2017
Thank you for this story! I found it refreshing and I could empathize with Darcy and Elizabeth in their circumstances.