Reviews for No More Tears
Meena chapter 18 . 7/21
Do writers realize that readers always anticipate a boy child and heir as the first child. I cannot fathom why the joy in so many of these stories are killed by making the first child a girl? I just don't get it.
Janet Cobb chapter 1 . 6/20
I haven't read this first chapter yet but I would like to thank you for NOT letting a few BAD apples spoil it for the rest of us. Now back to the story...
Elizabeth in your story behaves too much like someone with Stockholm syndrome. It is not the sign of a healthy soul to desperately love and desire someone who treats you like dirt. It is healthy to forgive a person who treats you badly, and to treat them with love and kindness in spite of their faults, but Elizabeth in your story is debasing herself too much, in a way that isn't healthy. Darcy has been emotionally abusive and she is still "in love" with that? Also, if she really did think her sin was to avoid confrontation, repentance would involve righting that wrong and confronting Darcy. She is a lovesick doormat instead.
Amy chapter 17 . 5/11
You put Austen's masterpiece in a interesting new light. And you made me weep. And you made me fell heartache. So, thank you. I am sincere, it's beautiful.
Craftyfengirl chapter 12 . 5/11
Hi, I'm still new to JAFF but I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying this story. So far I think this Hunsford-free Lizzy is very in canon. Just as you refer to canon vs fanon I also think we blur the novel with the film versions. Lizzy in the films is much feistier than in the novel. Fab writing - thanks!
Rlmcclung chapter 20 . 5/9
Love your stories! Thank you for sharing your talent!
brnkofeternity06 chapter 8 . 5/7
Wow! Great chapter! :D
brnkofeternity06 chapter 7 . 5/7
I love how sweet and understanding he was with her in this chapter! Great job! :D
brnkofeternity06 chapter 5 . 5/7
I am glad that Darcy's Aunt Victoria is starting to at least like Elizabeth :)
brnkofeternity06 chapter 4 . 5/7
Again, wow! What a chapter! It was really good though.
brnkofeternity06 chapter 3 . 5/7
And we now have a changed George Wickham. Alright, I'm gonna just roll with it.
brnkofeternity06 chapter 2 . 5/7
WOW! They're engaged to be married. And all too quickly. I really, really hope that the rest of the story will be spent telling of how they fall in love while married.
brnkofeternity06 chapter 1 . 5/7
Although I am sad for Georgiana's sudden death, I can't help but be excited by this turn of events. Great first chapter!
LMFG chapter 20 . 5/3
Great story. Thanks for writing and sharing!
Windchimed chapter 20 . 4/23
Thank you for sharing this story with us. So many writers seem to think that Darcy was just misunderstood and that he didn't need to change at all, but to me the whole point of the book was that both he and Elizabeth made mistakes and needed to learn from them and grow and change in order to be able to have their happy ending. I'm glad you stuck with that idea and had both characters learn and change. Well done!