Reviews for Fixing Past Mistakes
Whew, I was afraid that like so many authors you would let Dumbledore walk. So glad you didn't, although I don't think it was fair to put him back in Hogwarts and make Minerva his keeper.
tomascatts chapter 50 . 1/18
Draco Malfoy had blonde hair and blue/gray eyes, and he had Black blood.
Dylan and Josh shared a look, why say was didn't he mean is? WTF was that!
tomascatts chapter 37 . 1/18
The wizard had been imprisoned and would be executed after he'd served a life sentence...ummm
Six bedrooms and only one bathroom? That's not good
Your math sucks as bad as JKR's math.
I started crying at the songs too! My girlfriend was like you're crying over a story that's make believe? No I'm crying over the REAL life small children who are killed by the people who are supposed to love and protect them.
I never wanted kids and never had one, but I will never understand how someone could abuse one.
gregclancy88 chapter 52 . 12/17/2021
I absolutely loved this story. Great great job
BROMBROS chapter 15 . 12/12/2021
Wasn't as easy for Snape to warm up though. At the end of the chapter. The world there is through.
BROMBROS chapter 7 . 12/12/2021
7 chapters in and I'm hoping that the body they actually buried was Dudley.
CmeClearLee chapter 44 . 12/8/2021
It’s well-written but also highly cringe inducing for those of us that are unshakable in our belief that Snape is an irredeemable pos.
tessa chapter 51 . 11/26/2021
this fic is wonderful. the beginning broke my heart into a billion pieces and then you mended it piece by piece over the course of the fic. seeing harry and snape so happy together is just so, so satisfying. i loved your interpretation of severus so much. this is definitely my favorite version of him haha! being a dad and some caribbean sun suited him greatly. also i love when fics point out the glaring faults of wizarding britain/hogwarts and you definitely hit the mark there. i can only imagine how talin would have reacted to canon events that happened in hogwarts (especially the dangers harry encountered), he would be absolutely furious! i’m glad the adults in this story feel guilty as hell for how they handled harry when he was a baby, and i sincerely hope dumbledore never gets his claws anywhere near him. super exited to read the sequel and your other works!
Art3misiA chapter 26 . 11/12/2021
WHAAAAAAAAAT...!

Yes, Sirius Black *is* a very naughty wizard!

I've been valiantly trying to do stuff over the last couple of days, but it has all been neglected in favour of binging this amazing story. You keep pulling me further in with each chapter!
Joeseph21 chapter 28 . 11/4/2021
The story is generally well written, few grammatical or linguistic errors (Envy not jealousy for goodness' sake), few plot inconsistencies, and the characters speak the way someone of their age/disposition/experience would speak for the most part.

There are however two large issues with the story, the first being that the story slows down a bit, showing some unnecessary scenes that don't really add anything to the story, other than serving as fluff or padding. The other large issue is something of a spoiler for anyone that hasn't reached chapter 15, if u haven't then skip the next paragraph.

The other issue is quite simply that this new society and school that Snape and Harry moved to is "too perfect", it's like someone removed all the issues in wizarding Britain, modernized it somewhat, and moved it to the tropics. It very much feels like the utopian paradise of someone's imagination. Almost no faults whatsoever, AND it follows a number of modern conventions, AND it's unheard of, AND it's leagues better and ahead of any other society in the world? the very least the author could do is emphasize that this place has adopted a number of its practices from other places and it's wizarding Britain that's backwards but no, it just reads like Severus stumbled into a world renowned yet somehow unknown utopia. It genuinely feels like reading a fever dream brought on by his crippling guilt. There's also the fact that the author completely ignores the local culture, history, ethnic groups, and law.

Aside from the above there are a few minor nitpicks here and there, minor and subjective things that don't really break the story.

So far, despite the issue mentioned above, it's worth taking the time to read; However, (minor spoiler) if wizarding Britain's entire culture and educational and governmental systems are changed to St. Lucía's, practically overnight, with no resistance or compromise I'm going to have to label this story as a fever dream on Severus' part, and a good concept that's been badly executed by the author.
7,131 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »