Reviews for As Darkness Comes Calling
No Demand for Truth chapter 1 . 6/20
This is great! You have a good talent for setting the scene and having the action and characters come to life. My only complaint? The dialogue got lost here and there in the description. Keep up the good work!
NerdyJoePublic chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
Hi- this is Alex- previous reviewer... logged in to my somewhat dormant account now though.

Again, really good work with this. Just finished reading a book about the Vietnam War - "Dispatches" by a guy called Michael Herr. Brilliant read- non fiction account of his days as a war correspondent.

Did you know that the Deer Hunter has been novelized? It's by a guy called E. - you can find it on ebay for quite cheap... maybe you should check it out- might give you a few ideas.

Take Care

Alex
Alex chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
Hi,

Just been watching the Deer Hunter- one of my favourite films so I thought I'd do a google search for it and this came up.

Really good - I really enjoyed reading it. You've got the characters really well- I've seen that film many times.

I had a few ideas of my own like this- one with Mike many years later, doing some gardening on an allotment or something, never put pen to paper though... It would be great if you wrote some more stuff!

Best Wishes,

Alex
MidnightTales357 chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Oh my God I loved it .Please write more, it was just great . (I also saw that you're a hobbit fan so if you want check out my ff hobbit a truly unexpected journey and review if you like it first story very nervous about it )