Reviews for Aftershock
Jebus Creiss chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
*sigh* True angsty goodness. Best example I've seen, in fact; a textbook example of how to write the genre. Favourite-ed.
Final Fight chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Well... damn. I'm sure that there are other people who have written similar words, but still, damn. Seven years is a long time, at least in the world of fanfiction, but I still wanted to say how good I thought this was. It built up beautifully, and then the ending jarred me. Not so much the melancholy, but the way that it all ended so abruptly, it felt mildly unrealistic, and I had a slight sense of disappointment. And then I immediately recognized that my feeling of unreality was being shared by Squall. Of course I don't know if you did that on purpose, it doesn't really matter anyway, and that's hardly the only thing I liked about this, but whatever. The point is I like it. Well done.
Chaos Poet chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Wow, put simply, that was amazing. An extremely well written piece. I give it a perfect 10.
Aeris Deathscythe chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Laguna was off having a facial, lol. nice. anyway, you should continue this :)
Spoons1899 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
I almost cried at this one! You are an absolutely amazing writer! I love this fic so much even though it's so sad and I want them to end up together in the end. I think the fact they don't make it's even better, but it's still so sad!

Once again, your writing is incredible. You describe the scene and the characters and the emotions in a way that makes everything perfectly crystal clear. I almost hate you for it, your writing is so good. My favorite passages were:

She cried and clenched her fingers against the sheets, struggling to hold on to anything solid, because surely it all must be falling apart.

because I understood instantly that feeling and it was a wonderful way to put it

then

the paragraph that began with "none of them were there at night" because even such a short passage was heartwrenching.

and

but she was too nervous to pull away and he was too nervous to release her.

and

And so, with soaking wet hands stuffed in equally drenched pockets, he began to speak his mind. She listened quietly, not interrupting like

(Rinoa)

some people would have. He was thankful for that; it was hard enough for him to speak this frankly as it was.
KaleRaven chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
What can I say that hasn't been said? It was intense, moreso than most any action sequence I think, and so precise. Even at the very end, it's 'want' not 'love' or even 'need'. The word wards off that blissful so-called happy ending with the threat of future regret. Stunning.
Kount Xero chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
This was good. No, that's too light. This was PERFECT. Every once in a while, you get the pairing in this one, but as you have mentioned, it ends up nice-nice. This is perfect out of its emphasis on vulnerability, forgetfulness (such a talent it is) and misunderstanding. I loved how they both thought they had used the opposing side of the event to overcome their grief, when they have both, in reality, used each other in a moment of delirium.

I loved this. So, I was wondering if I could write a sequel of sorts to this? (I loved it THAT much)
Flawless Soul chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
Wow... that was... AWESOME! You're a GENIUS! An absolute genius! Bravo! I loved that story!
Rast chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
Knowing in advance that you like to torture the characters, I have to say that the end surprised me. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it yet so I won't. But I'm proud of Selphie and I feel bad for Squall.

This one was much less...intense...than the other DK stories I've read. And I find that I am a bit disheartened...you didn't kill Xu.

(Slightly a joke. I don't quite see how it would have fit in with this piece. But still.)
Aleksiina chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
Oh my! That fic was one of the loveliest I've ever read, I am utterly jealous for it...If I was to write a Squallfie, I would want it to be written in that fashion. Your talent and skills are obvious in your writing, and all that attention put to detail is most appreciated. I read so much FF fics that made me want to throw my hands in the air and pray vengeful gods for retribution towards their authors lately that your fic was a relief and a source of utter contentment. Your most tasteful writing really made my day, and I shall strongly encourage you to continue writing such fine pieces, for the enjoyment of you most devoted fans( a.k.a. myself, and many others no doubt). With my most sincere salutations and endless devotion,

Aleksiina
Negative Creep chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
I just got around to reading this the other night, and by god let me tell you it HURT. I'm not a huge fan of FFVI, as y'know, and I generally don't take interest in the pairings that spring up from it either, but this was a bit too rawly familiar not to hit me right in the gut.

Anyone who has been in a similar kind of situation would be affected in much the same way, I think, because you evoke the emotions almost scarily well. Bravo as always.
Ravyn Starkweather chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I absolutely LOVED this...It was bloody lovely. The characters were very real, not out of character whatsoever. The pain that Squall was feeling and Selphie's grief and guilt were so...real. You're extremely talented. This was FLAWLESS writing. I'm gonna look at some of your others stories cuz that was just...amazing. It would mean alot if you read "What Have I Done?" and gave me your opinion. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

Bravo!

-Ravyn Starkweather
The wife of Daniel Radcliffe chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
I have the game and i have to tell u u did everything PERFECT it was so realistic do u want to be a writer YOU ROCK!
Tollgatekeeper chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Argh, I could almost hate you for that! I thought I was an okay writer, I really did, and then I had to read this. This story was just perfect. I could see that so much thought and soul went into it, and your writing is superb. What? You wrote this more then three years ago? You would have been my age! Jeez. Now I feel even worse, haha. Anyway, this has to be the best story I have read on this site so far. Squall was portrayed with such quiet and reserved pain, and Selphie has never been more human, conflicted, and real to me.

At the moment, I'm writing a Final Fantasy 8 fic that focuses on Quistis, and I'm trying to give it a sense of realism as well. It would mean so much if you checked it out (there's only two chapters up so far), and left a review, since I think your insight would be pretty valuable. Obviously, it won't be as brilliant as your story, but hopefully you'll still find it okay. Anyway, after this I'll probably go on to R&R some of your other work.
Gibson18 chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
Fantastic. Squall was in character. Big time. I am a big fan of grammer and whatnot, and I am pleased to say you have done very well. It is not only that, but you managed to capture how powerful such an act can be. All these things that seem to be something they should have known before hand were only remembered after the act. Doing such things do not always lead to picket fences and rose gardens and you portrayed that perfectly. I was hoping they would come to some kind of reconciliation, but it was a good surprise with a moral that can derived from the story. That is where I am most amazed by the story; your characterization and the emotion you put in words. You also are very descriptic. I give this one an "A". Great work.