Reviews for A Clue: Yes
NihilOrNothing chapter 6 . 3/13
Awesome writing, but i cannot understand Marian. Do not understand why Marian chooses Guy after he had stabbed her and lied to her about the King. Guy does not deserve her and Robin is better than Marian too. But is surely better to be with Robin than with Guy.
Guy does not love Marian. He loves the idea of Marian – he doesn’t know her as well as Robin does.
Robin… only his name makes me tremble… I always imagine his beautiful blue eyes and his gorgeous hair… and his charming smile… Robin (Jonas) is so handsome and his boyish charm makes him irresistible! I cannot imagine Marian happy with Guy….
Toxo chapter 6 . 1/9
This story was a joy to read, but sadly it was so short. It was really just the beginning, so I'm hoping you'll write more; how will Marian survive the tug-of-war with the Sheriff etc.

I like the discussion that Marian and Guy had about loyalty. You really handled the themes well, better than the serie itself, I'd say. Sometimes it felt that Robin and Marian were together just for the sake of the legend, not because they genuinely had a good relationship (other than common goals, being on the same side etc.). So it's nice to read a well-written story about how things could've been different.
barelypassing4sane chapter 6 . 9/19/2014
Finally! A Guy and Marian story I like! Most are too sappy and unrealistic but I adored this one. You didn't make Robin a jerk either, a wounded suitor yes, but still let him have his decency. This was lovely, thank you for sharing!
KYH-bc chapter 6 . 8/7/2014
I enjoyed this Story very much. I like it that Marian isn't suddenly deeply in love with Guy and that you try to hold it more realistic. Well done...
But I have to say I especially enjoyed your authors and end notes because it gives an insight into the writing process and I appreciate the thoughtfullness in it. (Is that even a word? Not-My-Mother-Tongue)
So I do hope there will be a sequel to it - I like to see Guy suffer - but only with a happy end on the horizon... ;-)
christine.golden.716 chapter 6 . 7/28/2014
Re: killing off Vasey. Considering the number of people who died to epidemics, plague, cholera, etc., in the Middle Ages, I think it's odd I've never come across a RH fan fiction wher Nottingham was struck by a disease that bumped off the Sheriff. Because surely even Prince John wouldn't punish the town for what would have then been considered an act of God.
KylieKyotie chapter 6 . 7/10/2014
Just the right amount of sweetness and then, bam! The Sheriff worms in some poison and threats to make sure Marian knows he's watching and that neither she nor Guy or anyone else for that matter are ever safe from him. Please, do kill him, no one deserves it more. It's not bloodthirsty, it's simply his past catching up to him...maybe a nice (bloodless) poisoning?

Thanks for writing this story - I'll faithfully read more, if you continue the saga...
KylieKyotie chapter 5 . 7/10/2014
This captures Marian's relationships with Guy and Robin perfectly. Guy is proving himself and sensitive to her reactions and Robin is demanding and pushy - assuming he's right and she's wrong. I agree that Marian is actually more like Guy - she has had to play both sides of the fence and tread carefully. I think Guy has more depth and certainly more life experience (read - "hardships") than Robin and can appreciate what love means and the reason Marian offers him so much hope.
KylieKyotie chapter 4 . 7/10/2014
Good set-up for a hopeful future between Guy and Marian. He says sincerely that he wants to protect her and she assures him by agreeing to marry him in the 2 weeks so ordered by the Sheriff. Then having her mother's blessing, even if in a dream, and giving sage advice is a nice touch...
KylieKyotie chapter 3 . 7/10/2014
BTW - I know very little of series 3 - I lost interest after Marian was killed off. But I did see "Bad Blood" and I agree, again, with your thoughts about it as in - WTF? Where did THAT come from? Plus Guy seems so much older than Robin, but they are only supposed to be (at most) something like 5 years apart in age? I like that Guy and Marian can talk to each other like a true couple. Neither is too soft and both have motivation for their own self-preservation but they are clearly drawn to each other. Guy is much more open and direct about it whereas Marian is only really coming to terms with it and acknowledging she has conflicting emotions about him. I can understand her wanting assurances. I don't think an attempt on King Richard was ever a real "deal breaker" for her - she just wanted to know what kind of man Guy was and if he would protect her or betray her. I also like that she got rid of Robin from the window - serves him right - little eavesdropper...
KylieKyotie chapter 2 . 7/10/2014
I think this is realistic. Marian is distancing herself emotionally from Robin in a very practical way - remembering her hurt when he abandoned her for the Crusades and being annoyed at his assumption he still has some kind of say in what she should or shouldn't do. He is not her betrothed, Guy is, so she reminds him of that. And she is hoping there is a better man hiding in Guy - also realistic. I didn't buy the Robin/Marian relationship in the RH BBC series because I just didn't see any sparks between them. Whereas Guy/Marian had plenty, plus lots of interesting conflicts to make them more intriguing as a couple. For me at least, Robin was simply too boyish to be attractive or believable as a serious love interest for Marian - he's more like an annoying brother or cousin. A cute but immature teenager next to a hunky man who seems capable of redemption. Really no contest...
KylieKyotie chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but the same point you bring up here always bothered me as well. How could Marian marry a day after a wound that nearly killed her - and later - how would she hide the wound from her husband? Glad you've taken it on - I'll be happy to get the original premise out of my head...
ChrysosAurum chapter 6 . 6/16/2014
Really liked this story. If you do write a sequel, could you update on here so we know to find it? Xx
Nubian Queen chapter 6 . 5/7/2014
Dear Lord, I think you must have channeled my thoughts of this show! I too, didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the gross anachronistic fails on this show. But I loved Guy's possibilities and the potential that could have been between Marian and he. you have taken a pairing that would have been deeply intriguing and given us an awesome story! I sincerely hope you do a sequel as you have a great writing style and understanding of your characters. I could see this actually happening and no one was OOC (in fact, Vaisey was so IC that it was creepy...)
Thamani98 chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
I really enjoyed this story, I think that you captured the voices of the characters perfectly. I really hope you can make a sequel involving their married life :)
Amaranthe Athenais chapter 6 . 2/22/2014
Very nice, refreshing story!

It is very possible that Marian could have chosen to marry Guy. I think that it was very much possible at this early stage, before Marian began playing her dangerous game of spying at the castle. At least she will be alive in this case.

What I like the most is Marian’s darkness revealed in this story. She is not an ideal, virtuous heroine who stands only for Robin’s cause and England. She is a practical young woman who makes the best out of her current circumstances. She marries Guy because she wants to keep herself and her father safe. She marries Guy because she sees that Robin is a hero and she prefers to be at the background, not being a hero. It is possible that she wanted to stay in the shadow and didn’t pursue glory, though on the show I had a feeling that Marian had attempted to compete with Robin – the subtle competition between Robin Hood and the Nightwatchman.

Guy is a complex character. He is a dark, brooding man, whose soul is deeply burdened by the past. I am not sure that he can redeem all his sins, at least not through love. I don’t believe that he can “wash away his sins through his love for Marian. I mean he is still a murderer and I really don’t want to excuse that. But he definitely has his good side. He has to be willing to become better. I wish him to learn to stand up for an unselfish cause, and, perhaps, Marian will teach him to do this, as she is unselfish and compassionate towards the common people and villagers.

And the Sheriff is worse than Guy. The Sheriff is my favorite character, even though he is the meanest, cruelest villains in, perhaps, BBC TV show history, and I think we sometimes tend to forget that because he's so funny. I don't think that Guy is really, truly evil at heart, unlike the sheriff. Guy must finally become his own person by breaking free of the Sheriff's hold on him.

I love Robin very much, and I am glad that you, my dear author, don’t show only his weaknesses and his darkness, although you don’t like him, as I infer from your author’s notes. Perhaps, not everyone shares my opinion, but I find many qualities that I admire. He may be smug, arrogant, reckless, and sanctimonious, but he is a great leader, a hero, and he does things that do not occur to others, or if they do, they dismiss them immediately as wild dreams. He inspires others to achieve the impossible. And he would die for the very humblest of these people. These qualities deserve to be admired.

Perhaps, it is true that Robin needs another woman, not Marian. If I have to answer whether I am Guy/Marian or Robin/Marian shipper on the show, I would say that I want them to take separate life paths. I don’t want Robin to be with Marian, and I doubt that Marian and Guy can be very happy together. My opinion is based on the fact that I don’t like Marian as a heroine. In addition, there are many things that make Robin and Marian's union possible, as well as Marian and Guy's union. It is a logn discussion.