Reviews for A Clue: Yes
i despise your story
Sionnach Liath chapter 6 . 9/7/2015
Lovely final chapter. Even though Vaisey insisted on being his skin-crawling self! Marian managed to parry all his thrusts, though. "I've always admired Guy's...finer qualities." And I like the way you've picked up Marian's skills at manipulation but applied them in a far more honest course than the way she shredded Guy's feelings for her in Season 2. "One thing Marian was sure of was that Guy would do anything to protect what was his...she felt she finally understood what she needed to do to win."

I love Marian's slightly tipsy determination to have a real wedding night. It's all of a piece with the way you've developed her character. "I made my choice." THAT'S the Marian I love!

I hope you do eventually write what happens to Guy and Marian next, because your take on them is beguiling, but if you don't, this story came to a full and satisfying conclusion.
Sionnach Liath chapter 5 . 9/7/2015
"She had hope that they would deal well together." A very pragmatic attitude, and it's the very realism of it that gives hope that their marriage truly will work. It's interesting the way that Marian's feelings about her reasons for marrying Guy are becoming more complex. While she made the decision for practical reasons, and still wants to peel him away from the Sheriff for her own self-interest, she's becoming more and more committed to bringing out the better side of Guy's nature simply because she believes that spiritually and morally that will be best for Guy.

The scene with Robin rings true to me. Marian's gentle farewell valediction to his heroism. And again, she's being a grown-up - she refuses to see him alone again.
Sionnach Liath chapter 4 . 9/7/2015
Ack! I can't believe I never finished reviewing this story. Well, it's giving me the pleasure of rereading it. I love Marian in this story. The writers had her all over the map, but you have written her with all the aspects that appealed to me about her character. In your story, she gets to mature in a way she was never able to in the series.
NihilorNothing chapter 6 . 3/13/2015
Awesome writing, but i cannot understand Marian. Do not understand why Marian chooses Guy after he had stabbed her and lied to her about the King. Guy does not deserve her and Robin is better than Marian too. But is surely better to be with Robin than with Guy.
Guy does not love Marian. He loves the idea of Marian – he doesn’t know her as well as Robin does.
Robin… only his name makes me tremble… I always imagine his beautiful blue eyes and his gorgeous hair… and his charming smile… Robin (Jonas) is so handsome and his boyish charm makes him irresistible! I cannot imagine Marian happy with Guy….
Toxo chapter 6 . 1/9/2015
This story was a joy to read, but sadly it was so short. It was really just the beginning, so I'm hoping you'll write more; how will Marian survive the tug-of-war with the Sheriff etc.

I like the discussion that Marian and Guy had about loyalty. You really handled the themes well, better than the serie itself, I'd say. Sometimes it felt that Robin and Marian were together just for the sake of the legend, not because they genuinely had a good relationship (other than common goals, being on the same side etc.). So it's nice to read a well-written story about how things could've been different.
barelypassing4sane chapter 6 . 9/19/2014
Finally! A Guy and Marian story I like! Most are too sappy and unrealistic but I adored this one. You didn't make Robin a jerk either, a wounded suitor yes, but still let him have his decency. This was lovely, thank you for sharing!
KYH-bc chapter 6 . 8/7/2014
I enjoyed this Story very much. I like it that Marian isn't suddenly deeply in love with Guy and that you try to hold it more realistic. Well done...
But I have to say I especially enjoyed your authors and end notes because it gives an insight into the writing process and I appreciate the thoughtfullness in it. (Is that even a word? Not-My-Mother-Tongue)
So I do hope there will be a sequel to it - I like to see Guy suffer - but only with a happy end on the horizon... ;-)
christine.golden.716 chapter 6 . 7/28/2014
Re: killing off Vasey. Considering the number of people who died to epidemics, plague, cholera, etc., in the Middle Ages, I think it's odd I've never come across a RH fan fiction wher Nottingham was struck by a disease that bumped off the Sheriff. Because surely even Prince John wouldn't punish the town for what would have then been considered an act of God.
KylieKyotie chapter 6 . 7/10/2014
Just the right amount of sweetness and then, bam! The Sheriff worms in some poison and threats to make sure Marian knows he's watching and that neither she nor Guy or anyone else for that matter are ever safe from him. Please, do kill him, no one deserves it more. It's not bloodthirsty, it's simply his past catching up to him...maybe a nice (bloodless) poisoning?

Thanks for writing this story - I'll faithfully read more, if you continue the saga...
KylieKyotie chapter 5 . 7/10/2014
This captures Marian's relationships with Guy and Robin perfectly. Guy is proving himself and sensitive to her reactions and Robin is demanding and pushy - assuming he's right and she's wrong. I agree that Marian is actually more like Guy - she has had to play both sides of the fence and tread carefully. I think Guy has more depth and certainly more life experience (read - "hardships") than Robin and can appreciate what love means and the reason Marian offers him so much hope.
KylieKyotie chapter 4 . 7/10/2014
Good set-up for a hopeful future between Guy and Marian. He says sincerely that he wants to protect her and she assures him by agreeing to marry him in the 2 weeks so ordered by the Sheriff. Then having her mother's blessing, even if in a dream, and giving sage advice is a nice touch...
KylieKyotie chapter 3 . 7/10/2014
BTW - I know very little of series 3 - I lost interest after Marian was killed off. But I did see "Bad Blood" and I agree, again, with your thoughts about it as in - WTF? Where did THAT come from? Plus Guy seems so much older than Robin, but they are only supposed to be (at most) something like 5 years apart in age? I like that Guy and Marian can talk to each other like a true couple. Neither is too soft and both have motivation for their own self-preservation but they are clearly drawn to each other. Guy is much more open and direct about it whereas Marian is only really coming to terms with it and acknowledging she has conflicting emotions about him. I can understand her wanting assurances. I don't think an attempt on King Richard was ever a real "deal breaker" for her - she just wanted to know what kind of man Guy was and if he would protect her or betray her. I also like that she got rid of Robin from the window - serves him right - little eavesdropper...
KylieKyotie chapter 2 . 7/10/2014
I think this is realistic. Marian is distancing herself emotionally from Robin in a very practical way - remembering her hurt when he abandoned her for the Crusades and being annoyed at his assumption he still has some kind of say in what she should or shouldn't do. He is not her betrothed, Guy is, so she reminds him of that. And she is hoping there is a better man hiding in Guy - also realistic. I didn't buy the Robin/Marian relationship in the RH BBC series because I just didn't see any sparks between them. Whereas Guy/Marian had plenty, plus lots of interesting conflicts to make them more intriguing as a couple. For me at least, Robin was simply too boyish to be attractive or believable as a serious love interest for Marian - he's more like an annoying brother or cousin. A cute but immature teenager next to a hunky man who seems capable of redemption. Really no contest...
KylieKyotie chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but the same point you bring up here always bothered me as well. How could Marian marry a day after a wound that nearly killed her - and later - how would she hide the wound from her husband? Glad you've taken it on - I'll be happy to get the original premise out of my head...
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »