Reviews for In Wonderland
This story was good - exceptionally good, in the fact that it kept me captivated from beginning to end - but I can't believe that no one else is pointing out how badly this reflects on the character of Legolas. He fell in love with someone who was then child-like, slept with her, chose not to give her the happiness she so desired but instead to keep her with him always, against her wishes, and in the mind of a child. I'm not trying to rebuke you or anything, but I think this was a stupid and selfish choice, and maybe that's what you were going for, but I just can't reconcile your Legolas with the real one. Lovely story, but I'm sure you understand that I had to write my feelings. :)
tallames chapter 1 . 2/14
So, here's a funny thing. Wi-fi was down and I was looking through my saved fics when I stumbled across In Wonderland. I hadn't read that fic in years, but I started again and was instantly captivated. All the amazement and love came rushing back. I remembered that you had started a new one and never finished it, so I came a-searching. Who knows if you even have access to this account anymore, or if this review will be forwarded to new e-mails and so on and so forth. But I wanted to thank you for writing this. I really loved it, and now that I'm older, I think back to when I read this and I realize that it helped me survive a lot of nonsense as a teenager. Had you any idea how you wanted this story to finish? I'm curious. Regardless, thanks again and have a wonderful day!

(I tried posting this to your sequel, but man, I was a loyal commenter back in the day. won't let me repost)
melgonzo chapter 26 . 1/3
I haven't read anything like this. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your talent! I can't wait to read more.
Mystical Memories chapter 26 . 1/2
... Wow. I'm all misty eyed now.

That was beautiful! I loved the references, too, heh heh.

This story was truly great. I've never read anything like it before. That's a good thing, by the way.

Alicia (Karlynn, whatever you wish to call her) really... spoke to me. I sound all spiritual now, don't I? -Sigh- Anyway, I just /love/ the way you made her out to be. It was splendid.

You're a wonderful author... really, just, an amazing one.

Weird that this was made so long ago, too. I was a toddler when it came out.

...

Did I make you feel old? Sorry! Didn't mean to. Promise.

I've always loved Alice in Wonderland... I always think of it alongside Peter Pan, for some strange reason. Maybe because Alice went into Wonderland, which was, well, a land of wonder. And Peter was the boy who'd never grow up. I guess I thought of them as pairs because of the plots.

Anyway, love the writing (if you couldn't tell)! Absolutely brilliant.

Keep writing, I guess?
BerserkMoon chapter 8 . 12/29/2013
whoaaa this is so intriguing
19seventythree chapter 26 . 9/22/2013
Found this trawling through completed stories with the highest number of reviews. It's really not my kind of fanfic (I thought!) but I just COULD NOT leave it alone! And ended up really enjoying it :) Really nicely written and thought through. Thank you!
Sunsetcheetah chapter 26 . 9/13/2013
Loved it ! And yet very bittersweet:/ if only she had given time a chance. Would you consider writing a second ending? Just to see what she would have done if she would have given time a chance? But still very amazing story. The summary you have doesn't do it justice _
Guest chapter 26 . 8/31/2013
I think you wrote a wonderful story and you write really well, but if I knew how it was going to end, I would probably have not read it. Life is already hard sad and depressing. Stories, for me atleast should have some sort of silver lining.
DepthsOfMySubconsciousness chapter 26 . 5/17/2013
You weave a lovely story. I love how you slowly reveal hints & facts about Karalynn. P.S. where did that name come from? Why did Alicia think of it? This is actually my 2nd time reading it... I remembered the basic plot.. but I didn't remember this epilogue? I like how you worked your OC into the canon universe. So little was told about Legolas, that there is no reason why it could not have happened this way? Although the one thing that bothered me in this story was when Karalynn attacked the elements. I did not find it plausible... why would the wind blowing hard hurt it? Why would the water turning to ice hurt? I just found it kind of cheesy. That is rude to say.. but I am not sure how else to word it? I think the elements would find her hate & blame hurtful enough to be punishment & perhaps would react violently in their distress? Because they love her & serve her.
Nurseratchet chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
first I want to say you are a talented writer. That isnt the issue. But you really need to put a warning on your stories if they are going to make your readers wrist slitting depressed. You gave your characters a horrible fate. One to have the woman he loves in his life but never to be able to truely share a life with her, the other to escape , not overcome her pain and live with having the mind of a child. I frankly would not have even started reading it if I had known it would have such an abysmal ending. Life has too much pain in it already. I don't want to read stories that bring about more sadness to me. I don't mind reading stories with conflict as long as there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I only stuck with your story because I thought things must surely work out in the end. You need to rewrite your disclaimer. This was most certainly NOT a typical girl falls into ME story. Some of those are ridiculous but we usually are warned beforehand . You are a wonderful writer with a lot of potential. Maybe you could channel that talent into a story that doesn't make your readers depressed. At the very least warn us next time.
Yuki Suou chapter 26 . 2/19/2013
Total nice
Yuki Suou chapter 17 . 2/19/2013
0h shit man!whats happening? O.o
wanderingmusician chapter 2 . 12/29/2012
I like how you've jumped the language barrier, but still made language an issue. Well done.
alexiana75 chapter 16 . 11/18/2012
Oh, no. Poor Legolas. I liked the story so far, but if they don't end up together...I know not how to make a proper trait. But I hope will be a happy ending
alexiana75 chapter 2 . 11/18/2012
Interesting. Maybe she is half-elven, after all? Anyway. For your first story, you did a very good job.