Reviews for We Were Soldiers
soupofthedaysara chapter 4 . 10/20/2002
Stunning writing! "The grass is greener..." It felt as if I were reading a passage from Stephen Crane's 'The Red Badge of Courage.'

Stirring, haunting...what more can I say?

soupofthedaysara chapter 3 . 10/20/2002
I was going to review this chapter along with four, but I believe I would be unjust. This chapter merits its own attention.

Beautiful, once again. I love that Draco, Narcissa and Lucius are portrayed as a close family that actually cared somewhat for each other. I don't think Draco is evil, in essence, but he is his father's son. He thinks what he has been taught is right, whether it is good or not-that's just the way it is. And I think you put it best when he said that if not him then someone else would come along and do the same thing. History does repeat itself.

Brilliant!

Billye chapter 4 . 10/17/2002
'The grass is always greener on the other side. Until, of course, the green grass on the other side is covered in the bodies of the dead and dying.' - wow. ohmygosh, I honestly don't know what else I can say about all this. And I know I've said it before, but I say it again.

You must continue on with this. It is so beautiful! Please email me when you update again!

Reading these four chapters of your fic reminds me so much of 9/11, and all it's aftermath. It didn't really hit me until this last chapter, but that's really what it reminds me of.

Anyways, I hope to get an email from you telling me you've updated soon! *smiles*

Billye chapter 3 . 10/17/2002
Out of the three (so far) this has to my favorite. I love that you made Draco actual with Voldemort. So many people make him denounce everything he was ever taught and I find that very out of character.

You're making them all so in character. It's truly brilliant. You're writing of this is so beautiful. Keep it up!

Faerfaen chapter 4 . 10/15/2002
*sniffs* that was beautiful.. really it was, please update again soon. I am truly looking foward to when you do.

Dy
Billye chapter 2 . 10/15/2002
Alright, I'll actually say more this time, but the last review was about all I could manage out. I just didn't have the words to say, and I still don't think I do.

This is amazingly well written, if you underline amazingly and bold it. It literally takes the words out of my mouth how beautiful this piece came together and I still don't think I can sum up enough words to describe it.

Well done, amazing job.

Billye chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
Wow
Pink-Crane chapter 4 . 10/15/2002
Wow! That made me want to cry. I never watched the movie, but now I'm glad cause then this story would have really made me cry. This is really good and I hope that you keep it up and if he's still alive make one for Sirius.

Peace and Love,

Pink-Crane
Maibe Josie chapter 4 . 10/15/2002
i'd hate to admit it but i was crying when I read this...it's so beautiful how you really get into the character's heads, and the way it's narrated. I almost half expected Draco to join teh light side but instead you had him on the dark side, and it works out that way. are there gunna me any more points of view, or did everyone else die?
snowflake chapter 3 . 10/15/2002
i liked that Narcissa isn't a bimbo in this fic, that she actually liked Lucius. I also liked the different p. here.
soupofthedaysara chapter 2 . 10/13/2002
This has to be the most beautiful, heart-breaking fiction I have ever read on this site...on any site! Very eloquent and strikingly simple in the style and..just amazing. It seems so real, and kudos on the summary...that is what reeled me in.

Absolutely beautiful, haunting! You should be very proud of this piece.

41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3