Reviews for Four Points on the Compass
Andi Horton chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
I am as intrigued as I am appreciative. You're right, the year got off to about the worst start of any year yet, but things are finally looking up, and I can truthfully say that this story helps. Or more accurately, knowing that you wrote it in the hope that it would help, helps. Thank you.

Peter's bewilderment at his sister's infatuation sets a good tone for the opening, I think. It's perfectly in character but underneath it's also a touch ominous, and, going by the summary, ominous is exactly what is called for. You know I always love what you do with this family (with Susan in particular but all of the Pevensies in general) and I truly cannot wait to see what you do with them this time.
OUATLovr chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Please keep going with this; you have a really interesting idea.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Great start! Can't wait to see where this goes.
Lightningscar chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
Now this seems like very interesting story indeed. Peter is going to be pissed once he learns of what happened. A certain prince had better hide

One thing puzzles me: Guns? In Narnia?

Great insight into state of mind and thoughts. Not to mention a nice style that doesn't disrupt reading flow at all.

Hoping to see more soon.

Yours sincerely, Lightningscar
rthstewart chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
Oh my goodness! This is so exciting! I mentioned in a review of the 2011 piece you did that was compatible with your and Francie's vision how sad I was to have come into the fandom after you both had, for the most part, stopped writing, and Andi was nearing the end of her work, too, and Capegio, and it's all been very sad and lonely. So I am BEYOND thrilled that you have begun again even if its impetus is Andi's very wretched start to the year.

In any event, oh Peter, you have some serious issues here. On the one hand, he's really being very selfish and pigheaded and unrealistic and I adore how you are writing him as, partly aware of his shortcomings but also not completely honest with himself. He cannot keep Susan all to himself and that possessiveness is not attractive and as written here, struck me as a bit obsessive. He's also, in a way, discounting Susan and her considerable skills and very much positing her strengths in terms of their personal benefit to him. So, it's WONDERFUL that Susan is finding something good and that makes her happy and Peter needs to learn that Susan is in her own person with her own desires. I really like the potential for growth of Peter that this signals.

But, ugh, this rendering of Rabadash is sad and disturbing and now they have been imprisoned with a traitor in their midst! That is alarming. And Oh! So the Calormenes have invented gunpowder or some other explosive device? It makes perfect sense and that's a very disturbing development for Narnia.

You are a wonderful writer. I am delighted to see the story, congratulations