Reviews for Long Live the King
DR2334 chapter 30 . 2/3
Just wanted to say thanks for an interesting read. Even if there might never be hope of a sequel, I had a lot of fun reading this. You spun a most wonderful tale where the fates of Wilson, Wendy, Willow, and Wolfgang fought an epic battle to survive peril and escape. I honestly wish in one of these Don't Starve fics that the characters might bring up the fact their names all begin with W. I have to say I liked Wilson the most, he came across as a logic based person trying to make sense of this insanity of a world. The others were great too! If I did have a gripe it was that I was hoping to learn how each of the characters ended up in Maxwell's world. We all know why Wilson was taken since it seems fairly obvious Maxwell saw in him the best chace of escape. I wonder why then the others were there, they are a ragtag of random people.

Eitherway, you were great! I loved every moment and hope that if you ever do decide to make a sequel that Webber, WX, Woodie, Wes or any of the other character show up.

Until then keep on doing what you do and have fun with it!
TheReader578 chapter 30 . 10/23/2017
I have no words for the sheer emotion gripping me right now. I suppose the closest I shall come to describe it is amazement, though that feels too inadequate to describe my feelings on the matter.

Oh well.

In simple terms, I found this story to be absolutely amazing, and I have no other words to describe my feelings on the matter, however much I wish to express said feelings. Obviously, I crave more of this, though sadly there seems to be no more to be found. Which brings me to my most important point; It has been nearly three years since this story was completed, and as far as I have seen, there has been no sign of any sort of sequel.

Which leads me to my question, and even as I equally crave and dread the answer, it HAS to be asked; is there going to be a sequel?
I know it says you were going to write one, but a lot can happen in nearly-three years, and I find myself doubting my luck.
I shall appreciate any forthcoming answers on the topic, even if it happens to be answers I would rather not hear. After all, they say the worst part is not knowing...

This is turning out to be quite long, and I'm sure you have better things to do than read rambling reviews, so I shall leave you with a final note of appreciation, for your hard work creating this amazing story. Thank you.

-Reader
Knight of Steam chapter 30 . 4/6/2017
Truly a fine story to commentate the greatness that is of Don't Starve
Scarlet Firesong chapter 30 . 1/18/2017
Is there going to be a sequel? I loved this story and I can't wait for more!
Why Wickerbottom chapter 14 . 1/15/2017
I read up to the chapter with Wickerbottom and I felt kinda sad. Mainly because I love Wickerbottom. But the fact that she died gives the story a lot of depth. The main four aren't the first to be there. The other caste is there, from multiple different times. It just adds onto how hopeless the place is.
Its3am chapter 30 . 12/21/2016
I'm crying. Yeah, normal 3 am stuff.
There's no sequel. Of course. Of course.
Sigh. As a sidenote, your characterizations are spot on. I fuckin loved it, despite the eternal absence of a sequel.
Girlbook chapter 30 . 10/22/2016
make a sequel please? this is too good!
Guest chapter 30 . 10/4/2016
Oh man, that ending is so perfect
cdonovan chapter 30 . 9/5/2016
;3
Guest chapter 30 . 7/14/2016
*dramatic music*
Guest chapter 4 . 7/13/2016
THIS IS AWESOME!
papercutcasualty chapter 30 . 6/20/2016
I love this! I've never noticed this story before, but I'm glad I read it! So many questions! How will the survivors react to Maxwell's story? Will Wilson ever be rescued? WILL THEY EVER FIND WENDY'S AXE?
Guest chapter 30 . 11/24/2015
Woah. Woah that was good. Started reading yesterday, and I havent been able to stop since.
So many incredible chapters, and no character felt left out. It was perfect
Good job !
GP chapter 30 . 11/16/2015
OMG IM GONNA CRY! THERES GOTTA BE A SEQUEL IS IT? CAUSE IF THERE ISNT... IM GONNA CRASH MY HEAD THROUGH MY LAPTOP! THIS IS GREATTTTTT! (PLS TELL ME YOU ALREADY HAD THE SEQUEL RUNNIN' !)
ManwithaPlan113 chapter 30 . 8/15/2015