Reviews for The Tides Go Out
MegaFlameHedge chapter 54 . 5/26
Wow! What a great chapter. I loved the sheer level of detail you put into this one to emphasize Xehanort's age and inner thoughts. Everything felt perfectly in line for the old Master, and it was a joy to see how you interpreted everything from that argument with Eraqus up to BBS. Funnily enough, I'm also inclined to believe that Ven came from Twilight Town and that Xehanort may have been a cause for Triton's distrust in Keybearers. Haven't seen TLM3, but it was cool to see Ariel's mother appear, however briefly.

Vanitas' comments and behavior were both hilarious, too. It was fun to catch glimpses of him and Xehanort interacting, and I'm pleased that you didn't take the approach that some authors do by making Vanitas this deeply troubled angst muffin. Not that I would've expected you to; it's just refreshing to see Vanitas acting like his rotten self. :D

I'm eager to see how this plays into Xehanort's restoration with Naminé. Fun stuff, can't wait for more!
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 54 . 5/23
WHOO! Awesome chapter! So THAT'S how Triton eventually learned of the Keyblades! That Xehanort. Evil as evil can be!
Undeadmonkey8 chapter 54 . 5/22
Whoa. This was a really interesting chapter, it isn't often that I find things that follow Xehanort like this through the worlds. Seeing his manipulation of everyone was pretty awesome, and an excellent ride to say the least!

MegaFlameHedge chapter 53 . 5/19
Man, talk about a killer climax. You really created an ominous feeling with the fleeing crowds, the slow, lumbering approach of Alexander, the storm, the overall tension. It was cool to see everyone involved in some way, be it Esmeralda and Phoebus ushering people to safety or Steiner, Donald, and Goofy battling the Black Mages. The fight with Relena was incredibly intense, and I loved that you included elements of her KH2 Final Mix fight. And that suicide at the end... wow! A dark turn, yet fitting for such a world and for her character.

All in all, this was a satisfying revisit, and certainly a step up from Hunchback 2. Knowing the last world, I'm thrilled to see how you handle it. :D Also, I'll totally be following that tumblr.
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 53 . 5/19
WHOO! Great chapter. So ends Relena/Larxene.
did vanitas kill vivi
Undeadmonkey8 chapter 53 . 5/18
Hey! Nice to see another update! Gods, that battle was super intense, great job, both with the setup and the action. Fighting Larxene atop a giant moving castle while in the middle of a rainstorm . . . ok, not the best idea they've ever had. To be fair though, it was basically their only option, and they did well with what they had.

Finishing our time in Notre Dame with the play was a truly masterful touch. We were brought into this city seeing the start of the play, and now seeing the end of it brings Notre Dame to a marvelous end. I look forward to reading more of your work, as always, and hope that there is much more to come!

Shadowman-DDT chapter 52 . 5/13
Why am I not at all surprised that, even as a Somebody, Larxene is a massive enflamed cunt.
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 52 . 5/10
Whoa! Awesome chapter! Was NOT expecting the Sombody/Relena of Larxene to appear! Oh boy. What if she loses her heart and becomes Larxene again? Or someone worse?! Oy vey. May Kingdom Hearts have mercy on us. Keep it up and update soon!
Undeadmonkey8 chapter 52 . 5/9
Seeing this in my inbox was awesome, just finished exams this week so this weekend is R&R. And what better way to start that than with reading a great story? Wasn't expecting Relena to be here in Notre Dame. Gotta wonder why she hates Gypsies though, was she originally raised like that or was this a result of her time as Larxene?

The final battle of Notre Dame approaches! Really looking forward to this one, Larxene is looking like she's going to be a tough opponent to beat, and I find myself wondering if our heroes will actually be able to pull off killing her, or if beating some sense into her is the idea?

MegaFlameHedge chapter 52 . 5/9
Ooh, a whole chapter from Steiner's POV? :D How nifty. I think it was a choice well made, and you did a great job coloring the text with his perceptions. Somehow, I failed to connect the Black Mages with the Unversed last time, but it's a clever idea I hadn't even considered. The allusions to Marluxia with the stained glass window were great, and the overall buildup was quite exciting. I chuckled when Relena and Sora's group crossed paths, and it seems the heroes have quite a fight ahead of them with that giant Unversed on the move.

Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out! It's looking to be an exciting climax.
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 51 . 4/20
Poor Dagger! Now what?! Update soon!
MegaFlameHedge chapter 51 . 4/20
This was a fun read! I enjoyed the way you adapted the play into a scene, capturing the characters' inexperience, nervousness, and overall personality quirks. I thought it was adorable how Sora got so into it, while Donald was downright terrified. Phoebus channeling his inner ham was also glorious, as was Steiner's sudden intrusion. Having played IX, I suspected it was coming, but that didn't make it any less entertaining. :D

His POV was very well-written, too. I loved how you captured his speech patterns through the introspection in his narration. I wasn't expecting the Black Mages to appear, so kudos for a clever twist! I'm eager to see what comes of these developments. It's all rather fascinating. c:
Undeadmonkey8 chapter 51 . 4/19
Awesome job! Excellent fight scene and I'm enjoying the arc's plot a great deal! The play was a nice touch, I enjoyed it a lot.
So . . . Zidane is mad. Great. Well, let me go prep a coffin because someone is gonna die, likely Steiner or la Madame. Or a small army of unversed I suppose. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Fred Andrew Oakster chapter 49 . 4/15
Ooooh, dang! The feels of this chapter! Great job displaying Lea's childhood and his friendship with Isa! And a nice little final touch to have Saïx eyes turn back to green at the end of their battle.