Reviews for The Tides Go Out
MegaFlameHedge chapter 63 . 11/23
...Ooooh snap. Braig's getting a Keyblade? This is gonna be good. c: I also enjoyed the vague hints to Terra's presence. Crossing my fingers that he'll pull through, even though I have a nagging feeling there might be tragedy up ahead. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll brace myself for whatever comes next!

I enjoyed the way you wrote Aqua and explained how she survived all those years. It was great to see her and the others bounce off one another, sharing knowledge and experiences. You did an excellent job with the mechanics of the Realm of Darkness, too. It makes sense that it'd have a psychological effect one one's emotions, given that it is a realm full of darkness, and unprotected hearts are often susceptible to its influence.

Gosh, though, I wonder if they'll succeed in saving Ven or if the nort brigade's about to put a stopper in that plan. Needless to say, I'm excited for what comes next. Keep at it!
PirateArrowXAB chapter 63 . 11/20
Goodness, the tension is mounting! I can't wait to see Aqua's actions/reactions out of the realm of darkness, and the plot twist with Braig's keyblade... I can't wait!
Sturm and Drang chapter 63 . 11/16
Well now every bodies getting a keyblade like walmarts having a sale. But that's okay, it's still pretty cool that braig's getting one.

You do a fantastic job of stringing together all the complicated plot points from the various KH games. I'm very impressed.
Xehanorto chapter 63 . 11/15
Oh my god I am squeeing so hard right now, Braig is getting his own keyblade now! Though, I do have a couple of questions, did Ansem the Wise never get sent to that beach realm as we see in the secret ending of Birth by Sleep in this version of events? And is Xehanort making the same mistakes that he made the last time as in DDD he was able to admit that he had gone about the hasty way of forging the X-Blade, which he is now attempting again?
DragonKey27 chapter 1 . 11/10
Both this story and Remember the Tides are simply amazing. You've done a fantastic job writing this incredible story. Your inclusion of Diablo's shapeshifting and Mama Odie being Yen Sid's mentor gave me inspiration in a Kingdom Hearts 3 prediction story I'm writing. Keep up the good work.
MegaFlameHedge chapter 62 . 11/2
Well, dang! That was one epic entrance for Aqua. I enjoyed your use of the Dark Hide to set the stage for their meeting. You did an excellent job with the pacing and buildup here; I especially liked the way the characters utilized their spells to varying effects. It was an intense fight from start to finish, and Aqua's reaction to Sora and Sora's reaction to HER were both believable and bittersweet.

I can't wait to see what comes of the next chapter, especially if/when she learns about everything that's unfolded in her absence. I imagine it won't be easy, but it seems they're on their way to some epic teamwork.

...also, talk about a dark way for Facilier to go. o_o Well played.
Undeadmonkey8 chapter 62 . 10/31
whoa. You describe Aqua in combat extremely well, and you really drive home that a Keyblade Master is not someone to mess around with. We've gotten examples from Mickey's occasional combats and Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard, but I think this is the first time that a Master has fought in open combat and gone all out. Excellent work!

FantasyCrest chapter 62 . 10/31
Sorry for not reviewing in so long. This chapter is wonderful I may receive gip for this but I had a slight fanboy moment reading this. I can't wait to see more. Keep up the good work!
goddragonking chapter 62 . 10/31
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more update soon can't wait to read more)
MegaFlameHedge chapter 61 . 10/30
DANG. That was a fascinating chapter. I liked the way you captured all the characters' deepest desires through the dream sequences. At first, I was a little confused, but the slow hints toward the true reality through recurring frog imagery was quite effective, and there was something vaguely unsettling about these characters trapped in happy dreams, knowing the reality of the situation. I think of the bunch, Xion's scene was the most heartbreaking, as it once again shows how much she truly misses Roxas. And not just Roxas, but her friends from Twilight Town as well.

Overall, there were a lot of great touches, though, like the references to A Goofy Movie, Donald's camping trip and what I assume is a reference to one of the Disney shorts re: him wearing the sailor suit for Daisy's sake.

In hindsight, I should've guessed that Facilier's demise would lead to them entering the Realm of Darkness. It's a brilliant solution, and now I'm even more pumped to see what comes next. I feel as though we're getting closer and closer to the big climax, and the potential of Aqua's appearance has me giddy. I AM HYPE.
Undeadmonkey8 chapter 61 . 10/29
This was a sweet chapter. Well, the first part of it was. The second part, not so much. It was really great to see everyone having an awesome time before it got shattered, but I will admit that I really hope they all find a way to make what they want into what they get. Honestly, they've seriously earned it by now. Great work!

Xehanorto chapter 61 . 10/29
Why did you have to crush my emotions a second time? I just reread the series thus far and I managed to ease the pain of the Simulated Twilight Town. And then this dream sequence happened and just, my heart is wanting to leave my body. Excellent chapter as always.
MegaFlameHedge chapter 60 . 10/6
Meant to get to this sooner, but I've been having wrist problems. .o Anyway, this was an exciting chapter! When you mentioned anti Sora on your blog, I never thought you'd be using him as inspiration for Diablo's fights. And boy were those intense. I enjoyed the intensity of both his skirmishes, and the idea of a Neodarkside was both cool and menacing at the same time. I loved the description of the scale of its attacks, the feeling crowds, and the genuine damage it created.

It was also fun to see Facilier and Braig bounce off one another, and the way Louis pretended to be a vicious gator was awfully sweet. I like that you're giving him some spotlight because I feel he's one of the more overlooked characters in the film. Also extremely curious to see what happens with Facilier, now that he's knocked the heroes out cold.

So yeah, fun and intense chapter. Can't wait for more!
PirateArrowXAB chapter 60 . 10/4
Fantastic chapter as always! I love the way you can meld the kingdom hearts enemies so seamlessly into a Disney world, and I can't wait to see the dreams "coming true"!
Undeadmonkey8 chapter 59 . 9/13
It's great that you finally got another chapter posted! Don't worry about the writers block, it happens to all of us. I'm glad to see that the heroes are finishing up their work in New Orleans and have a new lead to the Realm of Darkness, plot advancement is always wonderful.

Now, for Mama Odie. Oh. My. God. She is hilarious. Great job with her, and with the cliffhanger you ended the chapter on, I'm kind of hoping for a Diablo vs Braig fight, but Diablo isn't exactly . . . as specced for combat as Braig is, so I'm expecting that he's just going to make an escape.