Reviews for The Resurrection Gauntlet
helppuppie chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
heartbreakingly beautiful.
Alixtii chapter 21 . 10/2/2004
I love your narrative ethic. Since I read your Buffy fics before your X-Men ones (although I love both!), it reeminds me of JW's dictum: "Give them what they need, not what they want." Your stories have an incredible integrity, never surrendering the power of the story to wish-fulfillment (or surrending just the right amount...all fanfic is wishfulfillment to some degree, nyet?). You really are one of my favourite fanfic authors.
Rogue4787 chapter 21 . 2/28/2004
Oh my god, this is most definitely one of if not the most powerful story I have ever read. It was absolutely amazing. Everything felt so real and all of the pain felt like it was hitting home even though I have never experienced something like that before. I could barely read the words in the last two chapters because of the tears in my eyes. I rarely ever tear up over a story, there are only three I can ever think of, but your story had me nearly bawling my eys out. the tears streamed down my face because your wrok was so beautiful and moving. I don't really think theree is much else to say. Even though I did not like the fact that Remy died, this is still one of the greatest stories I have ever read, professional or fan fiction. It was simply amazing.
Roguechere chapter 21 . 2/23/2004
Well, all I can say right now is that this part of the story was really sad. I don't know, I just lost my grandmother not too long ago and I suppose anything to do with death really gets me.
However, you do seem to have a great grasp of the english language and do a very good job of creating imagery with your words.
Keep up the great work,
Roguechere
Star-of-Chaos chapter 21 . 2/19/2004
wow. That was one hell of a story. I think I need a drink now.
Star-of-Chaos chapter 15 . 2/19/2004
*Chaos would post but she's too busy crying her eyes out*
Randirogue chapter 21 . 1/30/2004
Egads, so sad!
Poor Rogue.
:sighs:
Well, onto the third part!
Lady Starlight so kiss my ass chapter 21 . 9/12/2003
OMG! ! ! ! !

I haven't seen much of the REAL X-Men only the Evolution but I still know that killing Remy is NOT! ! ! ! RIGHT! :'(Both of these storys were good and I hopeo to see the hried one soon!

Starlight :)
Frodo3791 chapter 21 . 6/3/2003
This is a spectacular story! You have such a talent. Your description of the characters and their emotions was fabulous. I really enjoyed this. I will have to read your prequel soon. Good work!

Frodo chapter 15 . 6/1/2003
You killed him! Gambit's dead! *crys bitterly on the floor* NO!

Frodo3791 chapter 2 . 5/30/2003
I think this sounds like an really intresting and good story. I've never read any X-Men fanfics before, but I was willing to give this one a chance. Glad I did too... this is really good. I like it. I'll keep on reading.

Lucky439 chapter 21 . 10/15/2002
awsome so so cool if you dont do the final ch i may go crazy please continue soon so sweet and so sad please more please
Christy S chapter 21 . 10/13/2002
It's late at night. I don't have time to sign in. I haven't even read the story. I've downloaded the whole thing on disket to read in the comfort of my own room. But, I just want to say ahead of time, thank you for writing a sequel. I loved the first one. I leave you with this: May you never have writer's block. -
Neurotic Temptress chapter 21 . 10/13/2002
Glad to see you were able to get the sequel up!

I've already told you via email how much I love your writing, as well as my opinion of this installment (and how I really, *really*, REALLY want you to pull a rabbit out of your author's hat with regards to the Remy situation... : ) so I don't think I'll say all that again here. But I do what to tell you again how entertaining this story arc is. You had me thinking I was certain of the direction you were taking us in, and then two seconds later, BAM!, whole new route. If you did anything, it was keeping me on my toes! I hope you'll find the time to write the next portion soon! : )
Randirogue chapter 21 . 10/13/2002
okay... it's your fault! Everyone get this? It's this writer's fault that I din't get as much work done on "Seether" or "Callous" or "Redemption" today. So, everyone who's been emailing me and IMing me about me needing to hurry up and update, the reason I didn't get nearly as much work done on "Seether" today falls into this writer's hands becasue I couldn't stop reading this!

I've not had much time to write because of my current show and because of my starting to work on an independent film. But, as my voice was hoarse from this past weekend's shows and my ankle is still in a splint from the weekend before, I had planned all day for trying to finish this really long chapter 14 of "Seether." So, to get me in the mood for writing, I signed onto and started to read. I found this right away and, having remembered liking the first story, I started reading, but I couldn't stop!

Nyxie, this is truly incredible. Truly! I mean, wow. The first one of this trilogy was good, but this, omg... the first one is so obviously a set up for this one. And you actually killed Remy? Goodness, but I mean, it fit. It was tragic and heroic and futile and omg! You did such a wonderful job on this story. Part of me hopes that Remy will suddenly show up. Maybe having been saved when Sinister had blinked himself away at the last moment before returning to survey the damage that Remy's blast had caused his lair. Perhaps, he'd deposited Gambit somewhere, then returned to do the survey before leaving once again? Oh... that would be too much to hope for.

And I find myself very eager to see Magnus becoming the support for Rogue and Irenee and Jean-Luc. Will that be a futile effort of Magnus', as futile as holding onto his feelings for Rogue all the while she was with Gambit... as futile as trying to push those feelings for her aside? Will Rogue truly keep herself from allowing herself to love again like she had for Gambit? Will Rogue give only a little piece of herself over to Magnus, genuine in its own way, as thanks for his caring for her and her&Remy's children after Remy's death? Will it all come crashing down with a surprise return of Gambit? There are so many possiblities just on that romantic angle for the third part of the trilogy, that I cannot even bear waiting until Spring 2003 for the third part, like you'd said.

And there is so much more plot-wise that could be explored. Is Sinister truly gone? And what of other villains lurking in the sidelines? New ones? What of the Pheonix force and Jeanie? What of Madelyne? There's just so much that I want answered right here, right now! If there's any way you can get this third arc of the story out sooner than spring 2003, please do. Though, I do understand how greatness like this can take time. I'm assuming that you had both this and the first arc pretty much completed before you posted them and that the third arc is not completed, yet, and thus that's why you've made the estimate for the third's posting so far ahead. I did notice, that unlike myself and others, you post the entire story at once and not one - two chapters at a time. Anyway, I just mean to say that with my Epic story of "Seether" (not that "Callous" nor "Redemption" for that matter are any less important of diffictult to write, But my "Seether" is my baby, you know), I have so many complications of plot (purposeful) and so many, many layers to the story, let alone the intensity and drama of it that I cannot just fling out chapters of it, so, I understand that you may not be able to get the next arc out quickly. Plus, of course, there's real life getting in the way, as well... boy, with my performing and all (which is honestly my first love over writing) I understand how the fanfiction writing can be put on the back burner at times. Still, this story is so powerful and engrossing, I hope you update the third arc a little sooner than spring of 2003.

I hope you can see the compliment I give you with this review. Heck, the fact that I'm giving you a signed review is next to miraculous these days. I've gotten very lazy with my reviewing as of late, but, knowing how excited I get when other writer's offer themselves up for scrutiny of their own work after posting a signed review of my writings, and thus, how honored and excited I am at recieving those signed review, I had to give you what I consider to me one of my highest compliments I can give you despite my current penchant for laziness: the signed review! Gasp! Aren't you excited! hehe... okay, now I'm just getting silly, so I'll wrap this up.

Congrats on a wonderful work of literary entertainment and artistry!