Reviews for Angie
ms24 chapter 17 . 3/26/2014
Another great fic from you.

I really enjoy your writing style, spare but full of detail and written in a cinematic style (sorry, I don't know how to describe it better) so that I can 'see' all the action before me. With just a few words you manage to convey the actions, the mood and often even the smell of any scene.

Loved Chase through this, quiet and calm and so determined. And Kim is loving... and smart!
I do wonder though why Chase didn't ask for Jack's help? Though if he had, any rescue attempt might have been too late for Angie.

Do you have more fics tucked away? I want to read them :)
24Forever chapter 3 . 2/27/2014
Good story so far. Thanks! Wish the chapters were longer.
Skyfullofstars chapter 17 . 2/27/2014
Well, I can't believe it's the end.

I'm glad the two men are talking at least. And yeah, Chase's actions were horrific. I hope all the possible connections to him have been eradicated.

Chase is a bundle of contradictions. Quiet and laid back most of the time...very cute in the more domestic scenes with Kim...BAMF and hard core when needed...the very devil of a field agent, using all of his skills when called for... Also, one ticked off Dad willing to make the hard decisions to ensure his daughter's life and happiness.

Excellent story!

Now...go write some more...(no pressure...)

'sky'
Skyfullofstars chapter 16 . 2/27/2014
I thought Kim was being a bit distant in Ch. 15. Glad she got her feelings out in the open here.

I'm glad Chase told Kim the horrific actions he had been forced to take, so there will be no more secrets, hopefully, between them.

Good dialogue, interspersed with some welcome humor.

World peace? Heck, yeah!
Skyfullofstars chapter 15 . 2/27/2014
Lovely little domestic scene. Glad Chase went straight to the doctor!

I can't help thinking of all the paperwork soon to be involved here. There are a lot of questions ahead.

And yes, kids are so resilient, aren't they?

Fav line: "Do you always wear your boxers in the tub?" (and now I want garlic chicken...)
Skyfullofstars chapter 14 . 2/27/2014
Seriously, all lightness aside, and I realize this is fiction, but the horrific actions Chase took to protect his baby only serve to underscore the horrid reality of this drug business.

I would not want to be Nico Cortez... or his dog.
Skyfullofstars chapter 13 . 2/27/2014
Very good action sequence. I read this chapter twice to take it all in. Well done.

And all of this goes to prove: DON'T MESS WITH THE DAD.

I don't have any sympathies with these hoods. Mine are all with the baby!
Skyfullofstars chapter 12 . 2/27/2014
Good segue chapter, short and to the point.

I do wonder why Jack didn't give Chase's name to his contact? I cannot imagine being a father, in this type of business, and worrying over your daughter being mixed up in it, along with one of your best friends.

My fav line: "...you train them young, don't you?"
Skyfullofstars chapter 11 . 2/27/2014
Well, that was a mini bombshell! I did not see Chase's 'big reveal' coming.

And he certainly has been busy leading up to the trial. But I can see how his background and contacts have been an immeasurable help here. He certainly knows how to pull her strings. Very tense scene!

My favorite line: "Well, I'm glad to see our time together didn't make you bitter or twisted..." LOL!
Skyfullofstars chapter 10 . 2/26/2014
I'm not certain how Chase stopped himself from 'storming the castle' so to speak. I don't think I could have listened to Angie cry and not done something about it immediately.

But he has a plan, our Chase, and it's beginning to come together. Angie's lack of response is upsetting and he shows great restraint in not strangling that women !
Guest chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
My Mom got me into 24 and then I found your fic. I like it a lot so far and hope you keep writing!
Skyfullofstars chapter 9 . 2/25/2014
Good action chapter. Kim's frustration with her father's actions is all to evident.

My favorite line: "Sometimes it was better to not let the watchers know they were themselves being watched."
Skyfullofstars chapter 8 . 2/25/2014
The dialogue between Chase and Kim prove what a decent man Chase is. and I'm glad he persuades Kim to talk to her Dad.

I'm not sure what Kim's 'decision" was that 'she should have told him last night?" But doubtless future chapters will make that clear.

And a mystery...
Skyfullofstars chapter 7 . 2/25/2014
Difficult chapter. Good segue between courtroom drama and Kim finding out the verdict. And Kim's very human. No one really imagines RL the way it really is. She wanted endless dating, snuggling in front of the TV. She got life with an agent with a small child to care for. Difficult to know where she fits in. But I think she's being a bit harsh on herself...imagining she may have "lost everything."
Skyfullofstars chapter 6 . 2/25/2014
Good God, Woman! So much in one chapter. I had to read it twice.

I don't think Chase's attorney is getting the full picture here. I can't help but believe Chase has something up his sleeve. And he conveniently gets Maria out of the way for a week, hmmm?

And Kim! Oh my! Her distress over Jack's actions rings true. But I can't help but think he has the most difficult job of all. I won't ruin the chapter by commenting on the "kaleidoscope of movement" here. Good job!