Reviews for The Courtship of Queen Elsa
DayDreamer2796 chapter 1 . 5/24
Great story!
sralbrigh chapter 13 . 11/18/2016
I can't tell you how much I loved this story. It's rare to find a fanfic that so perfectly captures the characters' original attributes while unraveling a good story in a well-written manner. Bravo.
Golden goddess chapter 12 . 2/2/2016
Their courtship and love could have been more descriptive and embellished. For some reason it didn't feel real to me, and I couldn't like his character or picture them together, something was missing.
Guest chapter 13 . 1/27/2016
Wonder if Joseh's dad was still alive to know his own son was chosen by the queen among the princes. Konstatin'a dream of reaching nobility is far exceeded by his own son. He must be immensely happy. Also, wonder if Joseph asked Elsa for a dance at the celebration after the queen chose her suitor.
Frosty858 chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
Hi! I read and favorite-d your story quite a long time ago, but forgot to tell you how much I love it. You are an amazing writer. There is so much intellectual depth to this story, and your writing style is very sophisticated but it isn't pedantic or dense. I too was quite pissed off at the male chauvinism underlying the plot at first, but this IS the 18th century, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that many stuffy old men wouldn't want an unmarried woman ruling their kingdom, no matter how competent she is. Josef is also one of the few male OC's I've read who I think is a good match for Elsa.

One criticism I'd have is that Josef seems a little TOO unrefined. We can very easily see that he's not a bad man, and he has the intelligence to impress Elsa. But him drowning out his sorrows in alcohol and attacking her with the knife (I know he might have some residual PTSD and it's an instinctive thing, but still...). And randomly interrupting Elsa by bursting through the circle of guards in Chapter 11?

I was also a little irritated at Anna in Chapter 2, when she talks about how heartbreaking it was to see Elsa working herself ragged to help Arendelle grow and prosper. HELLO, YOU ARE THE CROWN PRINCESS! YOU CAN SHOW YOUR SYMPATHY BY HELPING ELSA TAKE ON SOME DUTIES!

But all in all, an amazing story, and one of the few Elsa/OC pairings I'm completely sold on.

Sorry, I'm rambling, but there are so many things I want to say about this awesome story... Why don't the citizens of Arendelle band together and help Elsa out? She's made so many sacrifices to better all their lives. The least they could do is stand up to this Archie douchebag. Or alternatively, if he manages to overthrow Elsa, demand his head on a pike.
RedFoxASW38 chapter 12 . 8/7/2014
Well, I'm glad that I spent the whole morning reading each and every ElsaxOc story I haven't read because thanks to that, I've found this one. Well written. A lovely story.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/30/2014
Such a delight to read. Truly happy that Josef made it in time before Elsa made her choice. I supposed Josef's father should be proud of him now. Doing the unthinkable and into true royalty. Definitely class upgrade for the family. Too bad we can see the real mending for Josef and his father.
ariana.mcgrath chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Absolutely fantastic! You captured every character perfectly! Even Olaf was just as adorable, if not more so than in the movie! My one issue was the historical inaccuracies, but it was fiction and fantasy, so it really doesn't matter that much. Keep up the amazing work!
Guest chapter 13 . 5/24/2014
Simply wonderful and well written story. Josep has to proclaim his love for Elsa in front of everyone being the stubborn person he is. And well, Elsa was true to her heart and finds and settles with her heart, not her head. This is great. I loves how you describe their growing love for each other. Those not butterflies and flutter mocking at them are just so good.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/8/2014
Manly seed! Any man who isn't attracted to Elsa is 100 percent guaranteed to be gay.

I'd think that lots of men would be wary about getting intimate with her. One wrong move and their junk gets frozen off
Guest chapter 2 . 5/4/2014
I love the interaction between Anna and Elsa here! Anna is more like he big sister here, since she's more experienced in relationships. Your story is amazing and you really did justice to Elsa's character (I thought he movie was lacking in that regard). I'm so mad at the council for tryin to force Elsa into this when she's proven that she's more than capable of running the kingdom on her own. But I do see their point. We all know that Arendelle won't last a day under Queen Anna and King Kristoff.

But what those men are doing is still incredibly impolite and intrusive. Not to mention it borders on rape. They should probably have had someone privately approach her in the matter before essentially ganging up on her and pushing the issue like that.
nik3107 chapter 13 . 5/3/2014
I absolutely loved this story. It is my favorite Elsa fanfic. I have just finished re-reading it. I didn't want it to end! I'm hoping you might write another Elsa romance... :)
Perentie Fan chapter 13 . 4/26/2014
Just wanted to say that while your more critical reviewers were much harsher than necessary, I am glad they left those reviews if they helped inspire you to address their concerns so well. For instance the emphasis on "you can't depend on others to make you feel happy" moral was quite refreshing for a love story and I think improved the fic considerably.

The only criticism I can give is that circumstances came together so perfectly in the end. Him just happening to meet that messenger and just happening to take an interest in said messenger at just the right time and place seemed a bit much. I mean stories are built on coincidences, I just would prefer that their futures hinged less on the whims of circumstance. I mean take Kristoff, in the movie Elsa's worsening storm is what convinces him to go back to Anna but the movie indicated he may have gone back anyway as Sven's insistence.
fate.saber1 chapter 12 . 4/18/2014
Finally, I finished all the chapters, it is a sweet combined a little bit bitter s story, but I like it. Also I like your description of Elsa, according to her personality, she is the type of girl that not easy to fall in love, but once she falls in love with someone, she will love her lover in her whole heart. Josef is a really luckiest guy in this story.
Denise chapter 12 . 4/17/2014
Awwww you made the epilogue about them having a baby, babyfics are my absolute favorite, YAY! I wonder, how did Elsa and the others react when each of them found out Elsa was going to have a baby? Do you ever plan on doing a babyfic that leads up to Sonja's birth? I'm really sad this fic is over, it's probably my favorite Frozen fic!