Reviews for Make Yourself A Legend
onewingedangel73187 chapter 33 . 1/28
Ok, first things first, the good stuff: I liked that you didn't allow yourself to be bound purely by one continuity or the other, the sequel-bait was a good addition in the last chapters. It was interesting to see Mari in scenes largely based on their TV versions as opposed to their Rebuild versions. Misato and Kaji were handled well, And the KawoMari bits made me laugh. And while the Angels may have been all out of order, the ones you chose were really well represented here. Also, Kudos for handling Asuka well, many S/R fics tend to paint her with her Bitch setting on Kill. While I prefer to see Shinji with Rei, it is always refreshing to see Asuka handled with care. And while she does have her moments where you think "really?" they are few and far between.

However, I was saddened to see that the too often used "I made a mistake marrying Gendo" plot was used with Yui, and It may have just been me, but I felt that you were heading a good direction with Gendo as far as Shinji and he were concerned until the chat between Shinji and Kaji in the watermelon gardens. Also, the sterile Rei was something that could have been different. Also I think you missed an excellent oppurtunity with Touji, and integrating him into the Pilot Roster.

But when all's said and done, I did enjoy your story. Thank you for taking the time to write this for us.
onewingedangel73187 chapter 17 . 1/28
I must say, I like this so far, and as for Author's Note #3, yes yes it is.
king of the shadows chapter 33 . 1/25
I have read this story from start to end and I have to say that this is one of the top two NGE fanfics I have ever read. the only other one that I put with this one is NGE BLOODLUST. I agree also on your reasons for not liking asuka. this story is getting a favorite from me good job. keep up the good work
CuteCat213 chapter 32 . 12/29/2014
You liar "I can't promise a happy ending: this is Evangelion after all."

Words cannot express how much I love you right now (in a totally healthy and non-stalkery way). This was my first ever OTP, and I was heart-broken when I first discovered FFn and found (on AO3, at least, though the situation isn't MUCH better here) such a despairing lack of Shinji\Rei.

I agree so much with your assessment of the Her: Asuka would be far more sympathetic if she wasn't so blatantly abusive and deriding. Her backstory was awful in that 'poor baby' way, but her personality completely overrode it. I have friend who tried to stand up for her with "She's a little abrasive."
My response was: "Sandpaper is 'abrasive', Asuka's personality is like volcanic rock stripping the flesh from your bones."
...We didn't talk much after that.

BUT! Thank you so much for this. You made it, whole, better, *more*. You fixed all the little things wrong with it that added up to one outstandingly fantastic story. There were parts that had me terrified for our heroes, but every time they overcame a problem it was a huge triumph that you felt to your core.

And so, for living up to and exceeding all my hopes and wishes for one of my first ever anime and my very first OTP, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. *bows*
OoOXylionOoO chapter 22 . 12/5/2014
Cute.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 17 . 12/5/2014
Well it's good for Asuka.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 12 . 12/5/2014
Asuka is still a bitch alright.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 10 . 11/30/2014
Ark the terror will be there... I'm not looking forward to that.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 7 . 11/30/2014
Well that feels good.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 6 . 11/30/2014
Hu, Shinji is a little, I said a little bit less annoying that in canon.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 5 . 11/30/2014
Interesting.
Raethor chapter 2 . 11/28/2014
Why Absolute Terror instead of Absolute Terrirtory
Sentinel07 chapter 27 . 11/8/2014
You know, out of curiosity.

Was Kaworu and Mari's conversation in this chapter referencing End of Evangelion and Rebuild 3.0? The part about "her human love rejecting her work" sounds like it unless I mis-interpreted it. And the Fourth Impact I believe is from 3.0.
Sentinel07 chapter 32 . 11/3/2014
Is it wrong to say that I like this more than the actual series (to this point)?

If not, then great! An excellently written story from start to finish. So glad that I decided to get into NGE a few days ago.
NexusRider161 chapter 21 . 10/25/2014
Holy SHIT! SkyEye!? As in Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies's SkyEye!? YOU, SIR, ARE MY HERO.