Reviews for Make Yourself A Legend
eraser820 chapter 17 . 5/29
Awesome, loving the story so far and how it blends the Rebuild timeline events in the original storyline. BTW - if you like VSQ you should check out a couple dudes that go by the group name 2Cellos. They're much the same sorta deal but focus more on the hard rock than pop music (though they have some of that as well) They're popular and well off enough that there's even vids for several songs. My favorite of theirs will always be the first one I saw which was their cover of Thunderstruck by AC/DC, though the one they did as a promotion for Guitar Center playing Highway to Hell with Steve Vai comes in a close second.
WriteShop chapter 32 . 7/8/2015
This was a great story, and I am thrilled that you were responsible and finished it (unlike so MANY other ff writers)

As to Asuka being abusive... There is some RL support for that. In middle school, boys and girls mostly interact by harassing each other. Or at least they used to, but now when boys do it, it's sexual harassment, and they can get into big trouble for it. Girls still get a free pass, though.
Bryan P chapter 32 . 6/16/2015
I would love a sequel, and damn fine work. I loved the way you portrayed remi, OoC was kept to a bare minimum. And finally, a sequel just on Rei and Shinji is fine on my end. (Please?)
Bryan P chapter 30 . 6/16/2015
As an Irish heritage man, I second that statement! (It reeeaally was a major clusterfuck.)
Bryan p chapter 26 . 6/16/2015
Damn right you are!
Bryan P chapter 22 . 6/15/2015
You need to make another fanfiction similar to this.
(Rei Shinji is one of my top two pairings.)
Bryan P chapter 18 . 6/15/2015
Glad you're having fun.
Bryan P chapter 14 . 6/15/2015
Well done... Well done... Damnit Leeroy!
Bryan P chapter 11 . 6/15/2015
I am in a bit of worry here, I know you dislike Asuka (I get Ya, damn bitch...) but are you going full bastardization on her?
Bryan P chapter 9 . 6/15/2015
Nice way of portraying my favorite fight in the series. Not ruining it, not keeping it the same way. I really like this so far.
TheLazyHaiku chapter 30 . 5/8/2015
You could have used the litany against fear
Kobayashi Riku chapter 33 . 1/28/2015
Ok, first things first, the good stuff: I liked that you didn't allow yourself to be bound purely by one continuity or the other, the sequel-bait was a good addition in the last chapters. It was interesting to see Mari in scenes largely based on their TV versions as opposed to their Rebuild versions. Misato and Kaji were handled well, And the KawoMari bits made me laugh. And while the Angels may have been all out of order, the ones you chose were really well represented here. Also, Kudos for handling Asuka well, many S/R fics tend to paint her with her Bitch setting on Kill. While I prefer to see Shinji with Rei, it is always refreshing to see Asuka handled with care. And while she does have her moments where you think "really?" they are few and far between.

However, I was saddened to see that the too often used "I made a mistake marrying Gendo" plot was used with Yui, and It may have just been me, but I felt that you were heading a good direction with Gendo as far as Shinji and he were concerned until the chat between Shinji and Kaji in the watermelon gardens. Also, the sterile Rei was something that could have been different. Also I think you missed an excellent oppurtunity with Touji, and integrating him into the Pilot Roster.

But when all's said and done, I did enjoy your story. Thank you for taking the time to write this for us.
Kobayashi Riku chapter 17 . 1/28/2015
I must say, I like this so far, and as for Author's Note #3, yes yes it is.
king of the shadows chapter 33 . 1/25/2015
I have read this story from start to end and I have to say that this is one of the top two NGE fanfics I have ever read. the only other one that I put with this one is NGE BLOODLUST. I agree also on your reasons for not liking asuka. this story is getting a favorite from me good job. keep up the good work
CuteCat213 chapter 32 . 12/29/2014
You liar "I can't promise a happy ending: this is Evangelion after all."

Words cannot express how much I love you right now (in a totally healthy and non-stalkery way). This was my first ever OTP, and I was heart-broken when I first discovered FFn and found (on AO3, at least, though the situation isn't MUCH better here) such a despairing lack of Shinji\Rei.

I agree so much with your assessment of the Her: Asuka would be far more sympathetic if she wasn't so blatantly abusive and deriding. Her backstory was awful in that 'poor baby' way, but her personality completely overrode it. I have friend who tried to stand up for her with "She's a little abrasive."
My response was: "Sandpaper is 'abrasive', Asuka's personality is like volcanic rock stripping the flesh from your bones."
...We didn't talk much after that.

BUT! Thank you so much for this. You made it, whole, better, *more*. You fixed all the little things wrong with it that added up to one outstandingly fantastic story. There were parts that had me terrified for our heroes, but every time they overcame a problem it was a huge triumph that you felt to your core.

And so, for living up to and exceeding all my hopes and wishes for one of my first ever anime and my very first OTP, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. *bows*