Reviews for You and Me (and the Blood We've Spilled)
InuFanJinx chapter 18 . 10/19
I have been absolutely loving this story and am looking forward to the next chapter!
Thanks, I really enjoyed this. Looking forward t
meaghan.stewart chapter 18 . 7/2
This is one of the best Blacklist fics I've read. Beautifully written, realistic, intense, compelling... With a perfect pace to the story and believable answers to all of the little mysteries left by the show. This fills a hole left in me by the show and I can't wait to read more...
Literary Bitca chapter 18 . 5/24
So, I read this the day you posted it, and it's taken me until now to find the time to review. But obviously, the review was *going* to happen. Because OMG this chapter. Like I could let this all go without saying something. *Not bloody likely*.

I love that he offers to switch sides with her, as if it doesn't even need to be discussed-obviously he wants her to sleep in his bed again. They're so cute, and so strange, having fallen SO DEEPLY for each other over the last several months while nowhere near each other, and often not speaking for extended periods of time. It's like they're so far into a relationship that actually...hasn't happened yet. Emotionally, they're there, but physically, they've barely done ANYTHING.

And then they *do* start to do something and GAH! - -Petya! Get out! You are SO interrupting the good part...oh, FFS.

He moved to the other side of the bed. Of course he did. ::grins::

SO HOT. You wrote their somewhat frantic first sex-but-not-sex scene really well. I loved that Reddington seemed to verbalize all the way through it, about 'promises' and 'should have done this before' and 'Cooper's office'. The man even manages to be verbose during a time like this. Of course he does. Hahaha.

Okay, so I have to ask: are you a Whedon fan? Specifically, Buffy? Because the first time Buffy and Spike have sex, they freeze, looking at each other for a moment like they're surprised, and last month *I JUST WROTE THE SAME THING* into my newest (still unpublished) WIP. Just wondering if you were inspired by the same thing I was. ;)

I'm done. I'm just f8cking done. I need a gif of Kermit the frog flailing right now. It's chapter 18. You waited to use the title until chapter 18. PLEASE LET SEASON 3 BE AS AWESOME AS YOUR ON-THE-RUN FIC.

Delicious line: "I'm not going to be the person you earn or are owed and I'm not going to wash away your sins."

Their *real* first time, their *meaningful* first time is fantastic. All the feels. THIS STORY HAS BEEN THE BEST SLOW BURN EVER.

I wish the Blacklist fandom or even just the Lizzington fandom had fic awards, because this glorious thing needs to WIN SOMETHING.
Literary Bitca chapter 17 . 5/24
I didn't review this chapter? How did I not review this back when I-? Okay, nevermind, fixing it now... :)

Glad it was just a graze. I need these two to be able to DO STUFF, and an actual bullet wound would put a major damper on things. I also love that you kept Liz from killing Manuelo, having Dembe do it instead. Yes, she's gone criminal, but she's not a full-blown killer in your story, and it seems like Red wouldn't want that for her. I'm sure at some point before he left he made Dembe promise to do most of that stuff for her if it came to that and he was able.

I love the jealousy Red can't seem to hide about how comfortable Liz and Dembe seem, even though HE was the one who facilitated the whole set up. And her "go f*ck yourself" response was great.

The chest-twisting feels came with my favorite line: "I have been doing...everything I can to keep you safe. I would have continued that...until the end." The idea that he'd made peace with the fact that he'd just fight and hang on and distract people to ensure Liz's safety for as long as possible UNTIL IT FINALLY KILLED HIM is so wonderfully sad. And the fact that he's only admitting this because the pain killers have him loose-lipped and honest? Ugh. I love you. I hate you, but I love you.

The idea of her almost *petting* him, and the "noise in the back of his throat; it's a childish noise, almost needy" had me dying. Reddington whump gets me every time. I'm such a sucker for that kind of stuff, and I agree whole-heartedly that Reddington is most definitely a tactile kind of person, and while he touches Liz and other people all the time, we don't see other people touch HIM a lot. No one ever initiates it with him; he's always the one reaching out. The fact that you have him practically whimpering because SHE touches HIM here is fabulous. And really sad. :(

"You knew about Donner's arrest?" "I *caused* Donner's arrest." AWESOME. YES.

"I don't have much left right now, sweetheart." ::collapses:: Right in the feels... ::groans::

"Looks better on you anyway." I can hear Spader mutter this. Very good. :) I also love their little snit about her potentially ruining one of his expensive t-shirts. Very cute.

You wrote Liz's breakdown at the end of this chapter REALLY well. It's so tough to do, and so many of these scenes read like she's weak, and weepy, or overly cliche and 'girly' (hate to use that term for this description, honestly), but yours reads like a strong woman at the end of her rope finally feeling like she's in a safe place where she can take a BREAK and fall apart and shake a little, and it's not out of weakness, it's more *exhaustion* and delayed realization that she could have lost the most important thing in her life. ::applauds:: Fantastic.
Alma76 chapter 18 . 5/24
Wow!... And wow! I've been waiting to read this story and tbh, I don't regret it. It reads like a novel, seriously. And a nail biting one at that. I mean I really bit my nails. Sorry I didn't make a review for every chapter. I particularly love how she finds him, and how it refers to the first chapter. Absolutely fucking loved it. I actually waited for that to begin to read because, frankly, the separation was unbearable. Can't wait to read the next chapter now. Obviously this last one was thrilling. Tell me more, tell me more... ;-))
Radleks chapter 18 . 5/20
Love everything about this story! The plot, emotion, struggles, action, love. It is fabulous! Can't wait for chapter 19. I am a fan!
And FOREVER chapter 18 . 5/19
Omg this was amazing *.* seriously best chapter ever (so far ;) )

Just beautiful! I'm sooo excited to see red and Liz whoop some a$$!
And FOREVER chapter 17 . 5/19
Awe! T_T that was so sweet!
And FOREVER chapter 16 . 5/19
excellent chapter! Very in depth :)
Craig chapter 18 . 5/18
You finally used the line "You and me and the blood we spilled"
Love this so much. Its awesome
firerosedreamer67 chapter 18 . 5/18
Absolutely beautiful in their love and understanding of one another! ...and now, together, war...I so love this story...Thank You! !
Lacihenry14 chapter 18 . 5/18
Oh snap it's about to go down! Ugh this was so amazing!
Almost perfect... the only thing that disappointed me was the lack of protection, but other than that it's an amazing chapter! Well-done.
Nicessus chapter 18 . 5/18
Honest to goodness, I love the little alert that appears in my inbox when this story is up-dated. This chapter was fantastic, as per usual. I look forward to the next installment.

Happy writing,