Reviews for Singing this Lie Hiatus
SilverPhantom88 chapter 6 . 7/28/2014
Prussia! U cutie
Cardfighter By Maple chapter 6 . 7/1/2014
I love them together! And I love that Lili and Matthew know!
Chanify chapter 5 . 6/22/2014
Good chapter!:) I love how Antonio is this uber-student. And I agree with this because I love him and he's perfect :D Also,cute PruHun interaction at the end x3
Edhla chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Hi :-) Canon blind, though I do understand the basic premise.

Perhaps because of this, I was really taken by the idea that Elizabeth values time where she gets to feel like a girl, and that her father expects her to act like a boy (or regards her as one.) The usual cliche is a girl who wants to break out of gender confines but has a father who wants her to behave as a girl.

The beginning descriptors are intriguing, though "what she really was" struck me as a little clichéd, and there was a little repetition around the beautiful man playing the beautiful piano.

[there were claps heard] this is in the passive voice and a little awkwardly worded; my first thought was "... Elizabeth could tell what?"

Now this did, I admit, hit a major snag when it's revealed she suddenly has a major university scholarship she managed to forget about. I'd really reconsider this because to be honest, it isn't believable and comes over as a contrived excuse to get her to the University.

In addition, if you're determined to go with the university's offer letter, I'd reword it; it simply doesn't sound like the sort of professional communication a university would send out.

I like the intro to her father, though immediately telling us his name was a little clumsy.

On a grammatical note, commas go before names in sentences like, "I'm here, Dad", and "right, son?"

The last line is strong, though dialogue tags need commas, not periods, and a period is needed at the end. So:

["Yes," Elizabeth said, her thoughts far away.]

Cheile chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
FYI, fandom blind.

I am intrigued by the fact that this girl Elizabeth must disguise herself as a boy named Andres. It seems that her father wanted a son, not a daughter, so is she doing this because that is what he wants or because she wishes to? (if this is fandom blindness, I apologize). I like that you mention how she and her mother shared music together. to me, music and the appreciation of it is very important and, regardless of how it's shared, it's a wonderful thing to share with another person, but especially with a child.

That piano player she's watching on TV sounds handsome and I like that you describe that he obviously is being one with the music he is playing. That is important to show in a dedicated musician. Also really cool to use that part of an ad for the school.

And great that she got offered a scholarship; hope she has not missed the cutoff date since she had forgotten the envelope? Her troubled feelings at seeing it addressed to "Andres" and the accompanying explaining narrative is nice. I see now that you mention that her father DOES force the role of son on her—pretty sad that he cannot let her be the daughter she is. It is good to see her firm on keeping her long hair, even if she has to tie it up to look "manly". Eesh, her dad has issues :P

Glad she is getting to go to the university—maybe there, she can eventually become herself again? And I sense potential romance with that piano player, which appeals to me as I'm a romantic sap :P Nicely done, looking forward to tagging you again sometime and continuing.

SPAG I saw:
[it gains her father's respect] – since the rest of the line is done in past tense, might make more sense to say "gained" instead.
bkwrmnlvnit chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
Hey! Going to warn you right off the bat that, though I know the general premise of Hetalia, I am utterly canon-blind when it comes to this fandom. Hope that doesn't going to be an issue...

Right off the top here, I can feel Elizabeth's very real pain as she collapses onto the couch. I totally know how that is, to wish that people could take you for who you are and not stereotype or spend all their time wishing you were someone else that better fit their wishes. That very feeling is a large part of why I interact so strangely on the interwebs, and I'm familiar with it, and I feel as though you described it very, very well in this piece.

I like the description of the fingers dancing on the keys. It gives me a great image of what she's hearing and seeing and is generally just a lovely phrase. Also getting a kick out of the TV spokesperson. Typically, we think of them as very stiff, formal people, so it's cool to see him characterized as a sincere, yet awkward and very much inelegant individual. It helps me feel more intrigued because you showed him as personable, if that makes sense.

I feel like the scholarship is just a tad bit too convenient...The fact that she's got the perfect range and is academically superior to everyone doesn't ring too true to me, but I don't know if that would be something more realistic in universe or not, so don't mind me. If you're using the scholarship though, I'd try and find a different way to have her receive it, rather than 'Oh yeah, I have this...'

I like the way you describe her being uncomfortable as a guy, but still living that lie anyway. I feel very bad for her, because I feel like she really doesn't get a choice and has to live this lie and pretend to be something she's not because no one will accept her. It's rather poignant to me, and I find it very intriguing in that it helps me identify more with the character.

And instantly she has to stop dreaming to play pretend...I really don't like her dad much. Anytime a parent would demand their child change who they are for their own personal benefit, it absolutely disgusts me. Ugh. Nice work characterizing him as someone who isn't a villain, but still is not the best person in the universe.

All in all, I'm really liking this piece. It shows a lot of promise, and I identify well with the characters. Nice work, Ani. Thanks for posting and keep it up!

Bookworm
thelightniingthief chapter 4 . 5/17/2014
I really like the craziness of the schedule so far, it's nice. Also the TFIOS references. can't wait fo rmore! :D
Chanify chapter 4 . 5/17/2014
finally an update!*-* I really like this story. I wonder how Gil will react when he finds out about Elizas true identity?
Melza-chan chapter 4 . 5/16/2014
OMG! *squeals* (wat,I don't squeal) Anyways, I like your story it has a nice plot! It's so awesome!(now I'm prussia, huh?) Well keep it up! -Melza-chan
Berry9704 chapter 3 . 3/11/2014
Heyy, sweetheart! Sorry for the long wait, but I'm here now! :D

Awesome. I loved this chapter, the characters' interactions (Elizabeth and Gilbert's the most, of course), their introductions, the whole idea of this university's opening ceremony! And I'm glad you had some vein, it turned out great :)

Ughh, I ship Elizabeth and Gilbert so hard...! Thanks to you. Though I'm not a yaoi shipper, the openly gay moments were kind of cute... :D I like that it's going to have a mature content, I'm looking forward to some pervy scenes!
Erizabeth chapter 3 . 2/28/2014
Awesome!
Berry9704 chapter 2 . 2/21/2014
I like this song! You have a good taste in music, my friend. Anyway, the plot's getting really interesting, I can't wait to read more. PruHun moments were cute, I was melting inside :) The way Elizabeth said without thinking that Gilbert had pretty eyes, I just... *melts again* I ship those two hard now thanks to you. Story's really nice to read, no bad words from me. Eagerly waiting for the next chapter! :D
Berry9704 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Heyyyyyyyyy, guess who's here, huh? Your tumblr friend, my dear . I like it, I really like it already. And I don't watch Hetalia that much! The plot reminds me a little of this manga called "Hana Kimi". But that's a good thing, because I really liked the drama based on the original story :D
Guest chapter 2 . 2/20/2014
A very intriguing point of view on Elizabeta, I really enjoy it! I also can't wait until more happens with her and Gilbert; I'm very curious as to where you will go with this story. I favourited and followed for a good reason! :D Keep up the great writing
Erizabeth chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
Continue to update! And good job! It was awesome!