Reviews for Defying Expectations
Hahahahahah I like
unobtrusivescribe chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
I really got sucked in with the "mama bear" description- so accurate referring to either Arthur or Merlin when there's an imminent threat against their best friend. I'd love to see other times when Arthur witnessed the magic, what exact moment did he realize Merlin wasn't a spy? He's just so great handling it while Merlin is freaking out! How long was he going to wait till he told Merlin he knew! Hopefully Gaius will not be too concerned about Arthur's awareness! Merlin will probably just wonder who else really knew. Did Arthur really keep it to himself?
ModernFemMerlinSpy chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
This is great! One of the most original concepts of Merlin's magic reveal I have ever read.
Quinn1989 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
I wanna see Gaius reaction.
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Nice idea
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
This was so hilarious! Instead of the long drawn out drama, their just giving each other shit, as usual.
spitfirelady chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Loved the banter in this. It's spot on with the characters. 'Your Royalness' - love it!
HLotD chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Brilliant. I'm sick of OTT reveal fics, but this was totally original and brilliantly IC and true to the series. Well done.
ProcrastinationIsMyCrime chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Not bad...pleasant fic
battlemaiden518 chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Loved this! :)
fariedragon chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
lol Wonder how Gaius will react to finding out Arthur knows about Merlin.
Sparky Dorian chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Hahah! Awesome.

Reveal fics are my favorite fics. They're addicting...

Merlin trying to "extend the moment" and Arthur going on about how Merlin was terribly unsubtle were the best. Also love how Arthur waited to turn Merlin in. He's not as impulsive as he seems, sometimes.

I wish fanfic would still allow copy/paste so I could quote things exactly... But this was charming and funny and I enjoyed it a lot!