Reviews for A Historical War: The 36th Hunger Games
Xechasate chapter 5 . 8/17/2014
Mmmm... Don't know about that Kieran boy. Something about him seems... off. But he also seems ruthless, so the capitol should like him. Corentine also seems ruthless, but she has some psychological manipulative training. These two should be fun...
SkyeBird128 chapter 8 . 8/13/2014
Pane's cool. She's hardly original, but I still like her personality. She may not have actually planned to enter the Games, but she'll probably get into it once it starts. Tributes like her usually either die early on or are among the last few. I hope she makes it pretty far, but I don't think she'll win.
Joni's interesting. I don't think he'll get very far in the arena, though. Unstable tributes often make it pretty far, but he seems like the type to self destruct. Wonder how far he'll get.
SkyeBird128 chapter 7 . 8/13/2014
I liked them both. Neither stood out much, apart from Andrew's drug addiction, but they were both interesting enough. I don't know why I put Savana in the 'Dislike' category. She's a decent tribute. I don't think either of them will make it that far. Andrew doesn't seem like much of a survivor, and I don't think he'll fare too well in the arena, especially after being cut off from his drugs. Savana will probably survive longer.
SkyeBird128 chapter 6 . 8/13/2014
I love Carmichael's name, but I can't say I liked his personality much. I don't tend to like rude and annoying thieves, and he is no exception. I don't know how far he'll get in the arena, but I hopes he dies early on. I don't know why I put him in my 'Like' category in the first chapter.

Mercedes? Seems more like a District Six name, but I suppose it could fit in Five. I like her. She's intelligent and interesting, though not the most unique personality wise. I can see her getting pretty far in the arena, but I don't think she'll survive past the final ten or so.

Preferred tribute- Definitely Mercedes.
SkyeBird128 chapter 5 . 8/13/2014
I liked Corentine, she was interesting. Kieran was interesting as well - and he was reaped, which was a nice change - but I didn't like his personality much. I definitely prefer Corentine. They both seem like they get pretty far.
Sorry I'm so late and this review is so short.
Strangling chapter 8 . 8/6/2014
Okay, Pane was amazing! I'm really sorry I haven't been able to review. I've been busy and stuff and stuff. XD But Pane was pretty cool! As for Joni, well, I don't really like him. I hope Pane slaughters him mercilessly, honestly. I actually laughed a bit when he was reaped. I also had a liking for the training in Gerald's basement, and it was quite intruging to see the public punishments. Stupid Otis, he should've known that everyone liked Robb. xD Well, I'm excited to see the next chapter! Good job!
seanthesheep356 chapter 8 . 7/30/2014
Oh my gosh we have another Azalea Tigris this year. It was screwed up when she said she enjoyed all the public torture methods. And I pitied Joni because he seemed to know of his condition, and he felt bad. I mean so far it seems like he goes from being extremely happy to panicking frequently, not like he loses his marbles through losing his temper. But we'll see how they both are as the story goes on. I can tell that he wouldn't take the World War I arena because it is said the soldiers suffered various mental disorders from how awful it was, and Joni has a hard time with watching the games on TV. To actually have him go through it will kind of remind me of what happened to WWI veterans. :

Anyway I can't wait for another update!
Theuglyduckling492 chapter 8 . 7/30/2014
I don't like Pane. She's way too similar to Katniss. Gerald is her Haymitch. Her mother's depressed by the death of her father. I mean, there are personality differences, but seriously? There are so many creative ways to go about a District 7 tribute and I think if it was a knockoff type it should've come from a lesser known district. Sorry that was a mean rant but I just feel really strongly about it.
But Joni I think will be a really interesting character. I look forward to reading more about him
Elemental0903 chapter 8 . 7/30/2014
While at first I wasn't happy that you changed Joni, I liked how you pictured him and the scene with the ghosts especially was exactly what I meant to show of him. I hope you'll all like him, and I also hope he'll become as interesting as I imagine him in my head!
As for Pane, she's a bit too sadistic for my taste, but it's not a bad quality to have in the Games. Also enjoyed Gerald's appearance.
DwellInDreams1019 chapter 8 . 7/30/2014
Oh my god, okay. These two tributes are absolutely fascinating. I love them both wow. They are definitely going to be interesting in the games!
Dante Alighieri1308 chapter 8 . 7/30/2014
Another update! Woo!

Pane: *sigh... another crazy, mean spirited, bloodthirsty tribute? I don't really have much to say on her other than she feels like Azalea round 2. Mean, loves gore, un-empathetic, and is trained by a former Victor. It was smart of her to find protection with Azalea's broken father (Which is nice touch to see he truly did care about his daughter), but I don't think the training will help her too much. Maybe some, but I don't imagine she's had much time to really hone in on a good skill. I think I'm more interested in Gerald's story than Pane's at the moment.

Joni: Ok, so he's bipolar. I mean... I don't really know. He seems like a nice guy and I do like him, but again, we're falling into the mental issues thing again. I was cool to see a little flashback of Nash though. It's good to give call backs to previous stories! And at least he's got a loving family.

Ok, not too much to say on either of them. Until she develops more, I'm going to keep calling Pane, Azalea2. I do like Joni though and I'm interested to see where he's going. I'm kind of hoping it isn't the psycho killer route. Keep on updating!
boekenworm chapter 8 . 7/30/2014
Hallo hgamesfic,
another chapter update, another chapter closer till you introduce my character. i am excited for that.

your district 7 tributes, Pane and Joni.
Pane: I have one question because i didn't seen it in your chapter. how long is pane training with Tigris? 1 year since the loss of his jongest daughter or 4 years since the eldest? I found it an bit confusing. And she says/thinks it helps her on the street where she lives, how so you don't tell enything about her living situation.

Joni, is an okey character. I got a bit annoyed how everybody seems to not know how he is doing, but do know of his disorder and how to react around him. i did like however how he preys his name hallucination, i hope it didn't has done so before. It would be a bit confusing but funny i have to admit.

With Kind Regards
a boekenworm
Theuglyduckling492 chapter 7 . 7/26/2014
I like these tributes, but there's no way Andrew will win. He's not healthy enough to survive in these kinds of situations.
Savana seems okay, but she's kinda boring. No offense, she's just sort of a goody-two-shoes with a twist by making her a lesbian.
Elemental0903 chapter 7 . 7/25/2014
Hey, this is quite a good chapter! I don't think Savana and Andrew stand put among the other tributes, not yet, but they might get there. I'm not sure I like Andrew that much. I mean, it's always awful to be bullied, and thankfully I have never experienced it, but I don't like how he just let that Emmett beat him and humiliate him. Anyway, he's not bad but I hope he'll get more interesting. I kind of expected Savana to volunteer for someone she loved, although she doens't really seem like the kind of girl who willingly walks to her death. So great tribute!
And... My Joni is in the next update! So impatient!
DwellInDreams1019 chapter 7 . 7/24/2014
I think both of these tributes are extremely interesting, I really loved reading about them. I feel so sorry for both of them, with Savanna getting the new job and Andrew being bullied! Can't wait to see whose next! :)