Reviews for This Cruel Reality
WiseChic chapter 40 . 5/25
So I first started reading this story back when there were only like 5 or 10 chapters and then I recently reread it after searching for it for ages. At first I gobbled up the story so quickly but as I neared the end I kept putting off reading because I didn't want the story to end. I love Tanner and the Tanner/Carl dynamic and so many other things about this story it is just so profound and relatable and just wow. good work definitely one of my favorites.
DJinTheHOUse chapter 18 . 2/21
when ever i think of a sex scene from this story itss always the dressing room scene.
Wild Birdie chapter 40 . 12/1/2015
What does Tanner look like? And how tall is he? Chandler Riggs is around 5 foot 4 and you said that Tanner is a couple inches taller, so...
SiriusBlacksCellMate chapter 40 . 11/26/2015
Happy thanksgiving I'm thankful for this story
sixi chapter 39 . 11/24/2015
Fantastic pure love story. Most romantic yaoi story I've ever read!
Ankei-Kurai chapter 1 . 10/24/2015
Your character should be aged more by now because about three years have passed by the time of the 4th season
Ankei-Kurai chapter 4 . 10/24/2015
You didn't age your character tanner enough to make sense. Which is about three years by the fourth season
leylinjan chapter 40 . 3/14/2015
Wow -I love this story so much! I'm definitely going to read it again - several times. It wasperfect. The perfect mix of adventure & tension, and fluff & friendship. It wasn't overtly lovey-dovey, but you somehow managed to have so much emotional depth in this story while still not forgetting about the threat of walkers and people alike. I loved this story - thanks for posting it here :)
TheDarkerSide123 chapter 40 . 2/23/2015
I could write paragraphs upon paragraphs here, and I still wouldn't be able to encompass all of my feelings about this story. It was an amazing read. Everything about it stuck to the universe of The Walking Dead, from the personalities of the characters to the hardships they faced to everything else. Tanner was an amazing character too, and he fit in with the characters from the show perfectly. I look forward to reading the sequel!
Cotton Strings chapter 40 . 2/20/2015
I don't usually like coming-of-age stories, in any format, or teen love stories for that matter, but you managed to combine two of my favourite things and make something awesome: 1. Zombies 2. Solid relationships built on a foundation of trust and love. This was honestly a great read. Thank you!
Prettyprincess45 chapter 40 . 12/20/2014
Great story! I enjoyed reading it so much!
thewalkerinme chapter 40 . 12/15/2014
I read this story a while back, and it inspired me to write my fanfiction. I absolutely adore this and I recommend it to all of my internet friends who like Carl, too!
Your writing is flawless and your original story telling is absolutely amazing! This, is everything you'd want in a fanfiction and you definitely did it complete justice and then some!
Love, love, love this! Thanks for writing it! I am also reading the sequel, too!
T.Redd chapter 40 . 10/20/2014
That was so the best story I've ever read
Chris n Brian chapter 20 . 9/29/2014
I love the way they care for each other, it is so tender. you have done a masterful job my friend. Well my eyes are bloodshot, my mind is getting confused some, I'm feeling drugged sooooooooooo that means if I don't go lay down for awhile I going to pass out soon my friend. so I'll be back in a few hours or more. Now I have something beautiful to dream about, Tanner and Carl ;-) I have your story page "bookmarked" so see you later LOL
Chris n Brian chapter 19 . 9/29/2014
well I'm halfway through these wonderful chapters. I have to make a comment though on the sex scenes, they are not "smut" at all but rather they are a scene of true love making. Because you always infuse raw emotion and their love for each other into every one of them. I've read "smut" before and this ain't it my friend. This is more along the lines of a very explicit Harlequin romance. And I mean that as a compliment too. LOL The affection you have them showing each other is always appreciated. I love the way they are growing into their relationship, more and more. Plus the way they are becoming more comfortable with their PDA in front of Rick. It's funny that in this world of death and suffering these two have discovered that life is often to damn short, and their desire to be together is what is most important to them, what everyone else may think be damned. This story actually goes a long way to preach that message. Oh well onto ch 20 ;-)