Reviews for The Scruff Factor
Theresa Green chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
Oh, so many things to enjoy about this chapter...

An endless succession of Elves sniffing delicately and finding that their eyes are watering...

The image of Legolas and Gollum sitting in a tree singing together...

Elrohir putting the butter knife to Aragorn's throat and saying, "What's this, a Ranger caught off his guard?"...

Aragorn's succinct reply!...

I particularly liked your phrase "one Rangerly concern after another". Don't know why. It just sounds good.

I'm looking forward to reading the other chapters.

Thanks, JastaElf.
bratprincess chapter 6 . 8/6/2003
!

How exciting, what will they think of next?

And the paranoia of Elladan...hehe. If I was the twins...well, that's not really the issue here, is it?
Mirrie chapter 6 . 8/6/2003
Did I ever review this story? I can't remember... adn I'm too lazy to go check, lol

Well, I'm doing so right now.

brilliantbrilliantbrilliant!

I honestly have no more words for it! I love every single letter of it, and I'm waiting with great anticipation for the epilogue!

~Belothien
LOTRlover chapter 6 . 8/5/2003
Sigh. An epilogue would be tea and dessert after this scrumptious meal of a story.

"Doe-eyed Moriquendi git" .

Does Thranduil really think the prince who was held in Dol Guldur that long is an innocent? Or is this the "Leaf and Branch" universe? Or maybe it's the Elvenking's attempt to protect the *rest* of the known world...

Anyway, loved the story. You did a great job of maintaining the arch style throughout. Of course, if there is an epilogue, Legolas just *has* to win again...
slightly-psychotic chapter 6 . 8/5/2003
wonderful ending for a wonderful story
Surreal13 chapter 6 . 8/4/2003
I think Elladan has finally snapped, and is now Officially Insane. It's a wonder that no one else has lost their minds around our dear prince...or have they, and they're just better at hiding it?

*Thinks of a Thranduil nervous breakdown and shivers*

Moving on to another subject...I do adore the "Bathing Chamber Scene". What are the reasons for giggling in that particular room, hm? I would love to have seen the expression on the two Lemon Sucking Elves' faces when Legolas turned into his Ada.

This is now my favorite quote from this story: "Considering the job they've done hunting me down so far," Legolas scoffed, "it would be less than accurate of me to say I am trembling in my boots."

*giggle* Oh yes, please post the epilogue soon. I absolutely must see this Plan of Elladan's. Hopefully he won't drag his twin into it. Then Elrohir might go crazy, and then all of Rivendell would be in deep trouble.

~Surreal

~
Meg Thornton chapter 6 . 8/3/2003
Jasta, me 'at's orf to the Duke!

That is absolutely *gorgeous*. I particularly liked the councillors betting on the twins, and Legolas telling off his "escort" (read "keepers").

Thanks for a glorious story. I can see I'm going to have to let a few more plotbunnies loose in your vicinity *grin*

Meg

Emerald Queen chapter 6 . 8/2/2003
Lmao! The twins just have to win by the wonderful power of revenge. The best time to get Legolas would be to team up with Galdor and Silinde and embarras him somehow in the council. That would be hilarious, but I suppose you would have to mess up both the movieverse and the bookverse. It would still be funny, but I suppose you've got something much better planned.

Very, very hilarious. I want to hear about what Thranduil did "at that age". It has to be funny, whatever he did.

lots of luv,

-x-x-EMQU-x-x-
daw the minstrel chapter 6 . 8/2/2003
I have already told you how much I enjoyed this chapter but I'll tell you again because the chapter is worth it!

The way the twins are outthinking themselves is hilarious. And I do like the idea of Thranduil protecting his baby boy. Snerk!

But the best part of this was the lovely innuendo in the bath scene. My dirty mind ran away. And then the general hilarity over Legolas's claim that one frequently has cause to giggle in the tub! Brilliant.

I look forward the epilogue. Please don't make us wait so long.
Sword On Fire chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
Hahahahahaha*gasp*hahahahahaha*choke*hahahahaha

*snort*hahahaha*remembers that you're not supposed to laugh this long while in a library* OOps . . . Funny! So funny! Hilarious! The most well-constructed/written LotR story I've read since . . . well . . . whenever!
Karri chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
Wonderfully amusing chapter, Jasta. Well worth the wait. LOL! Legolas was in fine form!
Natgel chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
Thanks again for another chapter of delightful ridiculousness!

Natalie
Luineithel chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
This is divine - as always!

Your gift of playing with words is amazing and leaves me speechless everytime I read or re-re-read one of your stories.

I love your take on the innocent "looking!" Legolas, oh, if only Thranduil would know, but parents (hopefully) never do.

With the fuming Elladan covered in mud, I immediately had to think of his and Elrohir's entrance in LotR: "And have you marked the brethren Elladan and Elrohir? Less sombre is their gear than the others', and they are fair and gallant as Elven-Lords; and that is not to be wondered at in the sons of Elrond of Rivendell." - Rather grand, isn't it? I will never be able to read this sentence again without seeing a mud-dripping Elladan in my mind :-)!

I cannot wait for the epilogue.

Luin
Asha Dreamweaver chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
About time! you *finally* updated! Yay! do try and do it more often will you? you're story is so great that you just *have* to update sooner...

And in my opinion Legolas always seem to be about ten steps ahead of the twins so i think they're in for a spectacular and no doubt public defeat... Are they? beacuse that would be really cool...

I mean Legolas always seems quite cheery in the film while he's killing the bad guys. i somehow doubt that if he's one of the first lines of defence for Mirkwood, that Elladan and Elrohir's bumbling ways - and tracking skills - with regards to him would seriously pose any problem.

UPDATE SOON!

Asha
TreeHugger chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
I apologize for the tardiness of this reveiw. :( No excuse but RL. And I don't like to give rushed reviews if I can help it.

First, the title of this chapter is cleverness itself! ;)

I do feel rather sorry for poor Silinde and Galdor. They have been assigned a most unpleasant task, and as I did read this on RM I know WHY they were given this task, but I will pretend that I don't know why! ;)

:/ Innocence. hm? Well, that is not an adjective that springs to mind, but as parents usually have a different view of what their children are then I suppose 'innocent' is doable. Adorable, that I understand. ;D

Okay, now I can laugh again at the Good and Wise king who knows that revenge is a dish best served VERY cold as he has obviously waited quite patiently to get back at these two! I love how it just creeps in on Silinde, rather like a spider dropping into your hair and you can feel something crawling over you. Most unpleasant.

So Silinde and Galdor were the good little elflings while Thranduil was ... not the good little elfling? I find that hard to believe! I am sure Thranduil was the perfect child! An angel of elflings. O;D Right . . . .

"This should be clear to the veriest dunce," he announced.

Galdor snorted. "Which would explain why it is clear to you . . . "

Good one, Galdor! LOL

Um, I realize that I usually hang out with the Silvans so I must plead ignorance and ask - just what, pray tell, sort of things go on in Noldor households? ? :/ LOL ;D

Well, frankly. . . bursting into the room like that was a bit uncalled for. Whoever taught these two their manners ought to lose their job!

"Prince Legolas? Your highness-are you all right?" Silinde shouted, in tones of great dismay and concern. Um . . . wasn't Silinde the one who, just a moment ago, thought that the prince was most. .. erm. . .un-innocent? If there is laughter then I would say everything is quite fine. Or perhaps Silinde and Galdor thought it was TOO fine and that is why they are concerned for the "innocence" of their young princeling. . . Does this have something to do with those Noldors? O.O -

"Your majesty-ahh, err, highness . . ." Ah, Galdor! Seems he forgot where he was and whom he was with for a moment there! Legolas has indeed learned much from his dear adar.(:E (as close to a king smiley I could make)

ROFL Well, those two most unfortunate elves have been properly put in their place. Serves them right for thinking to tangle with any of Oropher's house. I believe if they could only hear themselves they would have realized just how ridiculous they look at this moment. I do hope that dear Legolas writes home to ada about this little incident with Silinde and Galdor. I believe the good king would rather enjoy it!

Channeling his ada indeed. He did that most impressively. Again, I think Thranduil would be very proud.

Surely Aragorn and Arwen have had cause to giggle in the bathing chamber before! Who hasn't? And the reasons are varied and numerous indeed!

Legolas' Plan is working very well. Aragorn will look the king and not even be aware of it! Legolas is lucky that it was only one towel in his face. He did manage this almost too easily! ;D But then he is Prince Legolas Thranduilion.

LOL Yes, I suppose to Aragorn shaving everyday must be a bit like torture. But I wouldn't want to rouse the anger of a Sindarin prince with a razor in his hand either!

Uh oh! How very. . . lamentable! Caught by Elrond, Glorfindel, AND Erestor! My my! I do feel sorry for the Twins now! NOT! ROFL

Oh, Valar preserve us! These two are no more innocent that Thranduilion! Do they truly thing this will work on THOSE three who have known them since forever? LOL I do have to applaud the attempt though.

ROFL I can't believe that someone as wise and as old as Glorfindel would think the twins would confess to their guilt in all this mess! Erestor has proven to be the more erudite.

Yikes! to Elladan! Righteous indignation can be all well and good, but my goodness! ROFL He does hang himself quite well. He really should watch this tendency of "rolling with it". It could be dangerous.

One never thinks of the gentle Healer of Imladris having an equivalent of the Thranduil glare, but seeing as these two are his sons, I suppose he is rather formidable himself! ;D

The snogging on the bridge was. . . ROFL Poor Elrond. That is not a picture he would want in his head!

The poor twins. They have been outdone by that "Morequendi git" and they know it all too well. But really Elladan! Must you mutter in the presence of your father, who will hear you every time? ?

Erestor cracks me up here! yes, he would be able to recite the bloodlines of everyone present in Imladris at this moment. Of that I am sure, but no one wants to hear it! "Thank you, Erestor, that will do," Elrond said flatly. Exactly. Perhaps some day he will have an appreciative audience. That would probably make him very happy. ;D

Elladan just doesn't learn, does he? Poor dear. He will see this through to the bitter end if it kills him!

LOL Yes, Legolas and his Plan - capital "P".

And yes, my dear Elladan, please look about you when you start to speak as you never know who might be listening to you.

I think that Elladan's obvious astonishment should tell Aragorn something. I think it is time to drop the scruff . . . at least on occasion as it is such a great shock to your family when you do manage to dress nicely and actually shave. . . two days in a row. They will need to get used to this Aragorn son of Arathorn look.

Elladan, Elladan, Elladan. My dear! you are SO out of your league, you should just give up graciously and admit your defeat at the hands of the "doe-eyed Moriquendi git" who doesn't have much Moriquendi blood really. You have been outdone and you might as well just shake hands and say "well done".

Aragorn is very good at posing, I see. :) LOL

Dwarvish curses vs. Rohirric curses. All a matter of taste, I suppose.

Oh Elladan! He proves he doesn't listen well when the Prince is speaking. That may be part of his problem! ;D

Oh dear. Doesn't Elrohir's twin realize that Legolas wants him to retaliate so he will only be able to foil them again? And dear Elladan will do exactly what Legolas wants. He is SO out of his league, but I admit I would like to see the twins pull one over on him just once!

I am glad he realizes their dange, but truly! Does he think he can outwit a "Tricky Wood Elf"? Poor dear. ;D

Oh dear. He had a "Plan" - capital "P". I can't imagine what that would be, but I am wondering if it will work. Doubtful, but now you have me anticipating the Epilogue.

Hilariously Grand Fun. Yes, in capital letters. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Again I apologize for being rather late in reviewing this.

Elenath sila am le!