Reviews for The Scruff Factor
TreeHugger chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
I apologize for the tardiness of this reveiw. :( No excuse but RL. And I don't like to give rushed reviews if I can help it.

First, the title of this chapter is cleverness itself! ;)

I do feel rather sorry for poor Silinde and Galdor. They have been assigned a most unpleasant task, and as I did read this on RM I know WHY they were given this task, but I will pretend that I don't know why! ;)

:/ Innocence. hm? Well, that is not an adjective that springs to mind, but as parents usually have a different view of what their children are then I suppose 'innocent' is doable. Adorable, that I understand. ;D

Okay, now I can laugh again at the Good and Wise king who knows that revenge is a dish best served VERY cold as he has obviously waited quite patiently to get back at these two! I love how it just creeps in on Silinde, rather like a spider dropping into your hair and you can feel something crawling over you. Most unpleasant.

So Silinde and Galdor were the good little elflings while Thranduil was ... not the good little elfling? I find that hard to believe! I am sure Thranduil was the perfect child! An angel of elflings. O;D Right . . . .

"This should be clear to the veriest dunce," he announced.

Galdor snorted. "Which would explain why it is clear to you . . . "

Good one, Galdor! LOL

Um, I realize that I usually hang out with the Silvans so I must plead ignorance and ask - just what, pray tell, sort of things go on in Noldor households? ? :/ LOL ;D

Well, frankly. . . bursting into the room like that was a bit uncalled for. Whoever taught these two their manners ought to lose their job!

"Prince Legolas? Your highness-are you all right?" Silinde shouted, in tones of great dismay and concern. Um . . . wasn't Silinde the one who, just a moment ago, thought that the prince was most. .. erm. . .un-innocent? If there is laughter then I would say everything is quite fine. Or perhaps Silinde and Galdor thought it was TOO fine and that is why they are concerned for the "innocence" of their young princeling. . . Does this have something to do with those Noldors? O.O -

"Your majesty-ahh, err, highness . . ." Ah, Galdor! Seems he forgot where he was and whom he was with for a moment there! Legolas has indeed learned much from his dear adar.(:E (as close to a king smiley I could make)

ROFL Well, those two most unfortunate elves have been properly put in their place. Serves them right for thinking to tangle with any of Oropher's house. I believe if they could only hear themselves they would have realized just how ridiculous they look at this moment. I do hope that dear Legolas writes home to ada about this little incident with Silinde and Galdor. I believe the good king would rather enjoy it!

Channeling his ada indeed. He did that most impressively. Again, I think Thranduil would be very proud.

Surely Aragorn and Arwen have had cause to giggle in the bathing chamber before! Who hasn't? And the reasons are varied and numerous indeed!

Legolas' Plan is working very well. Aragorn will look the king and not even be aware of it! Legolas is lucky that it was only one towel in his face. He did manage this almost too easily! ;D But then he is Prince Legolas Thranduilion.

LOL Yes, I suppose to Aragorn shaving everyday must be a bit like torture. But I wouldn't want to rouse the anger of a Sindarin prince with a razor in his hand either!

Uh oh! How very. . . lamentable! Caught by Elrond, Glorfindel, AND Erestor! My my! I do feel sorry for the Twins now! NOT! ROFL

Oh, Valar preserve us! These two are no more innocent that Thranduilion! Do they truly thing this will work on THOSE three who have known them since forever? LOL I do have to applaud the attempt though.

ROFL I can't believe that someone as wise and as old as Glorfindel would think the twins would confess to their guilt in all this mess! Erestor has proven to be the more erudite.

Yikes! to Elladan! Righteous indignation can be all well and good, but my goodness! ROFL He does hang himself quite well. He really should watch this tendency of "rolling with it". It could be dangerous.

One never thinks of the gentle Healer of Imladris having an equivalent of the Thranduil glare, but seeing as these two are his sons, I suppose he is rather formidable himself! ;D

The snogging on the bridge was. . . ROFL Poor Elrond. That is not a picture he would want in his head!

The poor twins. They have been outdone by that "Morequendi git" and they know it all too well. But really Elladan! Must you mutter in the presence of your father, who will hear you every time? ?

Erestor cracks me up here! yes, he would be able to recite the bloodlines of everyone present in Imladris at this moment. Of that I am sure, but no one wants to hear it! "Thank you, Erestor, that will do," Elrond said flatly. Exactly. Perhaps some day he will have an appreciative audience. That would probably make him very happy. ;D

Elladan just doesn't learn, does he? Poor dear. He will see this through to the bitter end if it kills him!

LOL Yes, Legolas and his Plan - capital "P".

And yes, my dear Elladan, please look about you when you start to speak as you never know who might be listening to you.

I think that Elladan's obvious astonishment should tell Aragorn something. I think it is time to drop the scruff . . . at least on occasion as it is such a great shock to your family when you do manage to dress nicely and actually shave. . . two days in a row. They will need to get used to this Aragorn son of Arathorn look.

Elladan, Elladan, Elladan. My dear! you are SO out of your league, you should just give up graciously and admit your defeat at the hands of the "doe-eyed Moriquendi git" who doesn't have much Moriquendi blood really. You have been outdone and you might as well just shake hands and say "well done".

Aragorn is very good at posing, I see. :) LOL

Dwarvish curses vs. Rohirric curses. All a matter of taste, I suppose.

Oh Elladan! He proves he doesn't listen well when the Prince is speaking. That may be part of his problem! ;D

Oh dear. Doesn't Elrohir's twin realize that Legolas wants him to retaliate so he will only be able to foil them again? And dear Elladan will do exactly what Legolas wants. He is SO out of his league, but I admit I would like to see the twins pull one over on him just once!

I am glad he realizes their dange, but truly! Does he think he can outwit a "Tricky Wood Elf"? Poor dear. ;D

Oh dear. He had a "Plan" - capital "P". I can't imagine what that would be, but I am wondering if it will work. Doubtful, but now you have me anticipating the Epilogue.

Hilariously Grand Fun. Yes, in capital letters. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Again I apologize for being rather late in reviewing this.

Elenath sila am le!
Aofyn chapter 4 . 7/30/2003
I think it's funny, and you did a nice angle on Legolas' personality. Of course he'd have a lighter side, though I never thought about it before. Two things though: Isn't Legolas supposed to be around 20 years old by that time? Pardon me if I'm wrong. And weren't the twins off killing orcs while the Council was going on? I've also wondered where fanfic authors got the idea that Elladan and Elrohir were troublemakers, though they could've been. But you wrote good characterizations for them, and your story is well written, so it works.
RainyDayz who wont sign in today chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
*grabs you in a bear hug and spins you around the room*

I LOVE YOU!

You are just one of the funniest, smartest, best writers on earth!
fliewatuet chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
This was hilarious. Especially the bet between Glorfindel and Erestor, and 'one frequently has cause to giggle in bathing chambers', and all the rest, of course. Now I am curious as to the twin's revenge (and the actual outcome of their attempt) ...
the evil witch queen chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Legolas must win! he is, after all, the prince of pranks.

that was an excellent conclusion. i really liked it and now i can't wait for the sequel.

also thanks everso for your review to my little legolas fic, if you wanted to keep reading i just posted the next chapter.

keep up the good work!
Katherine4 chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
*wow* oh *wow* oh *wow*

That was amazing! Fantastic writing... gorgeous development... hilarious dialogue...

*sighs dreamily* i completely adored your descriptions of Legolas... they were all so lovingly crafted!

*beams* Fantabulous fic! :)
Eledhwen chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Oh, I'm laughing so hard! Utterly brilliant, and so funny. Plus, lovely visuals of Aragorn all dressed up - the man cleans up well. :)
eradicating chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Finally! I've been waiting for this for a long time...and it was well worth the wait!
AngelMouse5 chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

For updating. R/L can be a pain.

This was a terrific story, it's one of my all time favourite stories and I love reading it over and over again.

I love the interplay you've got going between Legolas and the twins, and yes, their revenge will definatly be something to see! Please, do more as this is definatly great.
Fadesintothewest chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Oh we we definitely will see who gets who. Although I have a feeling Elladan will end up being bested again, and maybe not by whom he directly expects.

It makes it all the more sad, thinking of Legolas as part of the nine walkers, leaving Imladris as you have so wonderfully painted. Elladan and Elrohir, bidding farewell to Estel and Legolas,and likewise.

These elves, they are mad but so damn loveable!
Clarenova chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Oh! Joy!
Faerfaen chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
lol that was awesome and very entertaining I loved the whole story!

** Dy **
ember chapter 6 . 7/29/2003
that was beautifully done! elladan and elrohir dressed in the lastest mud fashion, while aragorn enjoys the comforts of the house of elrond aided by the beautiful arwen and the less that sane prince of mirkwood. i loved this! can't wait for the epiloge!
Joannawrites chapter 6 . 7/29/2003
Well, you've done it. You've achieved new levels of absurdity in LOTR fanfiction and for that, I must thank you. My cheeks ached with the stupid grinning I did through this whole bit and I'm pretty sure I could have awakened neighbors with my laughter. It could not be helped. It is your fault.

This was so completely worth the wait, but I am having some trouble accepting the fact that I've only got an epilogue to look forward to and then no more. Surely a sequel? Two sequels? Twenty sequels? I firmly believe that all good things must NOT come to an end.

Subtlety be thy name.

Elrond, Glorfindel and Erestor were particuarly amusing to me in this bit...and of course the twins...dripping, muddy, having been totally had...I mean, this was classic stuff. I walked around all afternoon sort of giggling and snorting to myself thinking about the story.

When the ranger strikes the pose at the end...oh the image of that. I just couldn't even handle it.

I fear for the elf. I fear for the future of elfkind. Forget the war of the Ring...that is a mere squabble compared to what may erupt here at any moment. At the least, I hope the twins will be able to restrain themselves during the council.

Really, must you end this? Really?

Joanna
yrchgrrrl chapter 6 . 7/29/2003
Delightful fic! Of course it wasn't hard to guess who the "scruffy" one would be, but this was a new take on the relationships between the Man and his Elvish brothers. Enjoyed the interplay with the Dwarves too. And the descriptions of Legolas were so cute!

Anne