Reviews for The Scruff Factor
Sword On Fire chapter 6 . 7/31/2003

*snort*hahahaha*remembers that you're not supposed to laugh this long while in a library* OOps . . . Funny! So funny! Hilarious! The most well-constructed/written LotR story I've read since . . . well . . . whenever!
Karri chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
Wonderfully amusing chapter, Jasta. Well worth the wait. LOL! Legolas was in fine form!
Natgel chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
Thanks again for another chapter of delightful ridiculousness!

Luineithel chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
This is divine - as always!

Your gift of playing with words is amazing and leaves me speechless everytime I read or re-re-read one of your stories.

I love your take on the innocent "looking!" Legolas, oh, if only Thranduil would know, but parents (hopefully) never do.

With the fuming Elladan covered in mud, I immediately had to think of his and Elrohir's entrance in LotR: "And have you marked the brethren Elladan and Elrohir? Less sombre is their gear than the others', and they are fair and gallant as Elven-Lords; and that is not to be wondered at in the sons of Elrond of Rivendell." - Rather grand, isn't it? I will never be able to read this sentence again without seeing a mud-dripping Elladan in my mind :-)!

I cannot wait for the epilogue.

Asha Dreamweaver chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
About time! you *finally* updated! Yay! do try and do it more often will you? you're story is so great that you just *have* to update sooner...

And in my opinion Legolas always seem to be about ten steps ahead of the twins so i think they're in for a spectacular and no doubt public defeat... Are they? beacuse that would be really cool...

I mean Legolas always seems quite cheery in the film while he's killing the bad guys. i somehow doubt that if he's one of the first lines of defence for Mirkwood, that Elladan and Elrohir's bumbling ways - and tracking skills - with regards to him would seriously pose any problem.

TreeHugger chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
I apologize for the tardiness of this reveiw. :( No excuse but RL. And I don't like to give rushed reviews if I can help it.

First, the title of this chapter is cleverness itself! ;)

I do feel rather sorry for poor Silinde and Galdor. They have been assigned a most unpleasant task, and as I did read this on RM I know WHY they were given this task, but I will pretend that I don't know why! ;)

:/ Innocence. hm? Well, that is not an adjective that springs to mind, but as parents usually have a different view of what their children are then I suppose 'innocent' is doable. Adorable, that I understand. ;D

Okay, now I can laugh again at the Good and Wise king who knows that revenge is a dish best served VERY cold as he has obviously waited quite patiently to get back at these two! I love how it just creeps in on Silinde, rather like a spider dropping into your hair and you can feel something crawling over you. Most unpleasant.

So Silinde and Galdor were the good little elflings while Thranduil was ... not the good little elfling? I find that hard to believe! I am sure Thranduil was the perfect child! An angel of elflings. O;D Right . . . .

"This should be clear to the veriest dunce," he announced.

Galdor snorted. "Which would explain why it is clear to you . . . "

Good one, Galdor! LOL

Um, I realize that I usually hang out with the Silvans so I must plead ignorance and ask - just what, pray tell, sort of things go on in Noldor households? ? :/ LOL ;D

Well, frankly. . . bursting into the room like that was a bit uncalled for. Whoever taught these two their manners ought to lose their job!

"Prince Legolas? Your highness-are you all right?" Silinde shouted, in tones of great dismay and concern. Um . . . wasn't Silinde the one who, just a moment ago, thought that the prince was most. .. erm. . .un-innocent? If there is laughter then I would say everything is quite fine. Or perhaps Silinde and Galdor thought it was TOO fine and that is why they are concerned for the "innocence" of their young princeling. . . Does this have something to do with those Noldors? O.O -

"Your majesty-ahh, err, highness . . ." Ah, Galdor! Seems he forgot where he was and whom he was with for a moment there! Legolas has indeed learned much from his dear adar.(:E (as close to a king smiley I could make)

ROFL Well, those two most unfortunate elves have been properly put in their place. Serves them right for thinking to tangle with any of Oropher's house. I believe if they could only hear themselves they would have realized just how ridiculous they look at this moment. I do hope that dear Legolas writes home to ada about this little incident with Silinde and Galdor. I believe the good king would rather enjoy it!

Channeling his ada indeed. He did that most impressively. Again, I think Thranduil would be very proud.

Surely Aragorn and Arwen have had cause to giggle in the bathing chamber before! Who hasn't? And the reasons are varied and numerous indeed!

Legolas' Plan is working very well. Aragorn will look the king and not even be aware of it! Legolas is lucky that it was only one towel in his face. He did manage this almost too easily! ;D But then he is Prince Legolas Thranduilion.

LOL Yes, I suppose to Aragorn shaving everyday must be a bit like torture. But I wouldn't want to rouse the anger of a Sindarin prince with a razor in his hand either!

Uh oh! How very. . . lamentable! Caught by Elrond, Glorfindel, AND Erestor! My my! I do feel sorry for the Twins now! NOT! ROFL

Oh, Valar preserve us! These two are no more innocent that Thranduilion! Do they truly thing this will work on THOSE three who have known them since forever? LOL I do have to applaud the attempt though.

ROFL I can't believe that someone as wise and as old as Glorfindel would think the twins would confess to their guilt in all this mess! Erestor has proven to be the more erudite.

Yikes! to Elladan! Righteous indignation can be all well and good, but my goodness! ROFL He does hang himself quite well. He really should watch this tendency of "rolling with it". It could be dangerous.

One never thinks of the gentle Healer of Imladris having an equivalent of the Thranduil glare, but seeing as these two are his sons, I suppose he is rather formidable himself! ;D

The snogging on the bridge was. . . ROFL Poor Elrond. That is not a picture he would want in his head!

The poor twins. They have been outdone by that "Morequendi git" and they know it all too well. But really Elladan! Must you mutter in the presence of your father, who will hear you every time? ?

Erestor cracks me up here! yes, he would be able to recite the bloodlines of everyone present in Imladris at this moment. Of that I am sure, but no one wants to hear it! "Thank you, Erestor, that will do," Elrond said flatly. Exactly. Perhaps some day he will have an appreciative audience. That would probably make him very happy. ;D

Elladan just doesn't learn, does he? Poor dear. He will see this through to the bitter end if it kills him!

LOL Yes, Legolas and his Plan - capital "P".

And yes, my dear Elladan, please look about you when you start to speak as you never know who might be listening to you.

I think that Elladan's obvious astonishment should tell Aragorn something. I think it is time to drop the scruff . . . at least on occasion as it is such a great shock to your family when you do manage to dress nicely and actually shave. . . two days in a row. They will need to get used to this Aragorn son of Arathorn look.

Elladan, Elladan, Elladan. My dear! you are SO out of your league, you should just give up graciously and admit your defeat at the hands of the "doe-eyed Moriquendi git" who doesn't have much Moriquendi blood really. You have been outdone and you might as well just shake hands and say "well done".

Aragorn is very good at posing, I see. :) LOL

Dwarvish curses vs. Rohirric curses. All a matter of taste, I suppose.

Oh Elladan! He proves he doesn't listen well when the Prince is speaking. That may be part of his problem! ;D

Oh dear. Doesn't Elrohir's twin realize that Legolas wants him to retaliate so he will only be able to foil them again? And dear Elladan will do exactly what Legolas wants. He is SO out of his league, but I admit I would like to see the twins pull one over on him just once!

I am glad he realizes their dange, but truly! Does he think he can outwit a "Tricky Wood Elf"? Poor dear. ;D

Oh dear. He had a "Plan" - capital "P". I can't imagine what that would be, but I am wondering if it will work. Doubtful, but now you have me anticipating the Epilogue.

Hilariously Grand Fun. Yes, in capital letters. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Again I apologize for being rather late in reviewing this.

Elenath sila am le!
Aofyn chapter 4 . 7/30/2003
I think it's funny, and you did a nice angle on Legolas' personality. Of course he'd have a lighter side, though I never thought about it before. Two things though: Isn't Legolas supposed to be around 20 years old by that time? Pardon me if I'm wrong. And weren't the twins off killing orcs while the Council was going on? I've also wondered where fanfic authors got the idea that Elladan and Elrohir were troublemakers, though they could've been. But you wrote good characterizations for them, and your story is well written, so it works.
RainyDayz who wont sign in today chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
*grabs you in a bear hug and spins you around the room*

You are just one of the funniest, smartest, best writers on earth!
fliewatuet chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
This was hilarious. Especially the bet between Glorfindel and Erestor, and 'one frequently has cause to giggle in bathing chambers', and all the rest, of course. Now I am curious as to the twin's revenge (and the actual outcome of their attempt) ...
the evil witch queen chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Legolas must win! he is, after all, the prince of pranks.

that was an excellent conclusion. i really liked it and now i can't wait for the sequel.

also thanks everso for your review to my little legolas fic, if you wanted to keep reading i just posted the next chapter.

keep up the good work!
Katherine4 chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
*wow* oh *wow* oh *wow*

That was amazing! Fantastic writing... gorgeous development... hilarious dialogue...

*sighs dreamily* i completely adored your descriptions of Legolas... they were all so lovingly crafted!

*beams* Fantabulous fic! :)
Eledhwen chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Oh, I'm laughing so hard! Utterly brilliant, and so funny. Plus, lovely visuals of Aragorn all dressed up - the man cleans up well. :)
eradicating chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Finally! I've been waiting for this for a long time...and it was well worth the wait!
AngelMouse5 chapter 6 . 7/30/2003

For updating. R/L can be a pain.

This was a terrific story, it's one of my all time favourite stories and I love reading it over and over again.

I love the interplay you've got going between Legolas and the twins, and yes, their revenge will definatly be something to see! Please, do more as this is definatly great.
Fadesintothewest chapter 6 . 7/30/2003
Oh we we definitely will see who gets who. Although I have a feeling Elladan will end up being bested again, and maybe not by whom he directly expects.

It makes it all the more sad, thinking of Legolas as part of the nine walkers, leaving Imladris as you have so wonderfully painted. Elladan and Elrohir, bidding farewell to Estel and Legolas,and likewise.

These elves, they are mad but so damn loveable!
517 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »