Reviews for The Scruff Factor
The Awsome one chapter 4 . 6/4/2011
I do believe it was Elladan," the Lord of Gondolin drawled cheerfully. "Further, I believe he said-and I quote-'Thranduilion, gerin le si!' Or-words to that effect."

Gandalf took his pipe from between his teeth-a pipe that was not lit, out of deference to Elven sensibilities-and raised an eyebrow at the master of the house. "Should we be worried, do you think?"

"Likely not," Elrond said with a firm shake of his head. "I have heard that particular pronouncement too many times over the years to have even the littlest doubt as to the outcome."

"Last time," Glorfindel said with an agreeable nod, "we found both the Twins side by side in a net."

"A net, you say?" murmured Gandalf, in tones of amused surprise. Glorfindel chuckled.

"Oh yes. In a dear old oak tree, way out in the forest. Isn't that right, my lord?"

"Rather high up in a dear old oak tree, if memory serves," Elrond commented dryly. Gandalf allowed a bark of laughter to escape his lips.

"I see! And where, may one ask, was young Thranduilion?"

"Slightly higher up the same dear old oak tree," Glorfindel announced, spluttering with laughter at the recollection. "Sitting back in the branches, laughing like a loon and singing a delightfully rude song about a Dwarf, a Ranger, and three maidens from Bree."

"All the while utterly ignoring my sons-which was no mean feat in itself, considering how loudly profane they were being," Elrond added, making a note in the manuscript's margin in his elegant Tengwar. Gandalf laughed, delighted.

"And here I thought this was going to be a boring Council session!" he chortled. Elrond and Glorfindel gave him much the same look, a fond, bemused, knowing sort of look usually leveled upon messily misbehaving, mud-bedecked Elflings who show up precipitously in the doorways of feast halls during formal dinners. Which, come to think of it, had happened an inordinate number of times in this very place, over the centuries...

i'm liking this story alot. Very funny. Poor poor twins. What have they unleashed on poor poor Estel/Aragorn/Strider/Elssar/as many other names that man has!

Legolas can be very evil at times. Very very evil
Guest chapter 7 . 5/16/2011
Very amusing! Great job with Legolas! I like the sweet innocent demon you made him out to be!
Lotessele chapter 7 . 4/5/2011
You - you are my new religion. Without you, I probably would never have known it was possible to write a whole 35,000 humor fic - well, just that is splendid, in nearly every humor fic I read, the plot wasn't strong enough - but in a Tolkienish style so strong my French brain is bleeding out trying instinctively to translate the better parts.

I'm always a bit weary of humor fics 'cause genetics make me averse to "fat" humor (how do you tell it in English ? well, I suppose you get the idea) and ridiculing of characters I like. Meaning Aragorn, Arwen and Legolas, of course. I discovered the twins with fanfics, mostly, and totally agree with their "Elven Weasley Twins" characterization.

Hmm - actually, you write so well I think you could have pictured Aragorn in a pink tutu with ribbons in his thick dark hair, staggeringly drunk and dancing on a table while singing his love for Frodo and I still would have loved the whole thing. Sorry, I'm really trying to put in words all my hilarity and admiration (especially the later, you probably got the former) but I cannot *pout*.

Your story is brilliant. I mean it seriously, you give a whole new meaning to humor fics.
DreamingALife chapter 7 . 1/9/2011
LOL! Ahh this is brilliant! I just sat and giggled all the way through...much to the concern of whoever happened to be in the room with me at the time.

Great work! :D
SailorSilvanesti chapter 7 . 12/12/2010
This was hilarious!

I loved the entire story, it was so unique and full of humour...I nearly died laughing reading certain parts...Saruman in a bunny suit -LOL!

Not to mention the *valient* effort of the Dwarven-ambassador to assist the Twin Elven Lords in their ...uh...particular ideal of yoga.., even if he thought it physically impossible...XD

Well-written and adorable, also outrageously funny, I loved it!
SailorSilvanesti chapter 2 . 12/12/2010
I l

I must say, though, my favourite line is *definitely*:

"Persuasion of that level of force is not legal in Imladris"

XD
miladyRanger chapter 7 . 9/6/2010
This is awesome! I can't stop laughing. Literally. It's almost gotten to a point where I can't breathe... It's fantastic! You have their personalities perfect - especially the streaks of humor that are so ingrained in their characters by the fanfic community. Your work is simply stunning, through and through. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this. It really shines through!
Little Birdy2 chapter 7 . 7/18/2010
loved this very, very funny
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
I love your witty style it makes me laugh SO much! Everything is so vibrant and full of verve, not one sentence is dull, and so many of them are priceless! You portray the characters perfectly - faithful to Tolkien's description, but you bring so much MORE to them it's brilliant... You clearly have immeasurable talent. This is definitely a page-turner and an immense pleasure to read, I'm so pleased I discovered it!
Gratia Astra chapter 2 . 4/5/2010
LOL! LOL! ROFL! Omigosh, that is HILARIOUS! Oh, that's rich. Very good, very, VERY good. I love it. I can't wait to finish it.
beautythatsbeen chapter 7 . 10/21/2009
This was the most I have laughed at a fanfic for a really, REALLY long time, so THANK YOU :D
Qellaswe chapter 7 . 8/31/2009
Legolas was so virtuously 'evil' in this story, that I couldn't stop reading. It's a much better characterization than him being some sappy, love-stricken elf who's forced to play second fiddle. I just loved all of the plays on words that Legolas uttered: he's on his own side; he would get Aragorn to dress appropriately without the Man needing much persuasion; etc.

This was a great story, with witty reparte and was nicely paced.
Starshinedown chapter 7 . 6/26/2009
This little jaunt has been greatly entertaining. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing you gift of writing and of humor!
Starshinedown chapter 2 . 6/26/2009
I spent this chapter laughing nearly non-stop. So much witty banter between the twins and Legolas! I envy your ability to write that.

"Legolas gave him his "Thranduil Look," which on he for whom it was named generally forecast hell and damnation, while on Legolas it just made one think of kittens with their backs up in the face of very large and unruly badgers."

...what a beauty of a description. Your writing is wonderful!
Liara-Shadowsong chapter 7 . 4/13/2009
Bwahahahahahahaha! Oh, that was a wonderful story! Legolas was just so delightfully clever and sneaky. And I do think Aragorn has some sort of genetic scruffiness factor, considering how messy he manages to end up a lot of the time even though he was raised by elves. And all of the other characters were delightfully portrayed as well. _
517 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »